Odd Thought/Question

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Odd Thought/Question

Postby bwyant32 on Wed May 08, 2013 9:12 am

I won't write off this team because I do believe they can bounce back. The most interesting thing about this, the Isles have played great and the Pens have played poor all but 1 game really... and the series is 2-2. Imagine if this team actually gets their collective heads out of their asses.. they should be just fine but that is one big "IF"....

Now lets play a game of "what if"... what if HCDB fails this year and is shown the door.... could you ever envision #66 being the bench boss? Is there NHL rules about this?
bwyant32
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: Odd Thought/Question

Postby Hawkeynut on Wed May 08, 2013 9:19 am

Hawkeynut
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby pfim on Wed May 08, 2013 9:23 am

Again, imagine if the Pens had a competent goaltender. Pens would be up 3-1 despite their wretched play. This Islander team stinks and I feel saying otherwise is just trying to justify a putrid performance by the Pens.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby thepittman on Wed May 08, 2013 9:25 am

bwyant32 wrote:I won't write off this team because I do believe they can bounce back. The most interesting thing about this, the Isles have played great and the Pens have played poor all but 1 game really... and the series is 2-2. Imagine if this team actually gets their collective heads out of their asses.. they should be just fine but that is one big "IF"....

Now lets play a game of "what if"... what if HCDB fails this year and is shown the door.... could you ever envision #66 being the bench boss? Is there NHL rules about this?

I fully expect the turn around to happen, this is the first time the team has been on the ice together completely healthy.
thepittman
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby shoeshine boy on Wed May 08, 2013 9:32 am

what if....
HCDB is fired. Canucks fire HCAV, HCDB takes over and the Canucks raise The Cup next year. could happen.....
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby bwyant32 on Wed May 08, 2013 9:35 am

shoeshine boy wrote:what if....
HCDB is fired. Canucks fire HCAV, HCDB takes over and the Canucks raise The Cup next year. could happen.....

Good luck having the Sedin twins buying into that system.
bwyant32
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby It'sagreatdayforhockey! on Wed May 08, 2013 9:45 am

I don't want to start a thread because there are enough, but I have my own odd and possibly ridiculous thought/question.

Do the pens have too much talent? Absurd right?

But they clearly feel that either A) they are more talented (game 1) B) islanders winning is a fluke/lucky bounce (game 2) C) they don't need to play all out to win (game 3) D) that they can come back at will (game 4)

Seems like a case of them having too much talent and that they can rely on others similar to how they play when a Crosby or Malkin return to a lineup.

Either that or the expectations from fans/media is weighing on them (because of the talent) adding pressure or our expectations (because of the talent) are too high and this team is what it is; tied at 2 in a best of 7.
It'sagreatdayforhockey!
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Nizzy on Wed May 08, 2013 9:51 am

I think Mario Lemieux would be a terrible NHL coach, and probably even a bad GM.
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Tico Rick on Wed May 08, 2013 9:54 am

It'sagreatdayforhockey! wrote:Do the pens have too much talent? Absurd right?

Could be. It seems they play better without Crosby in the lineup; it's almost like they have the attitude of "Okay, Sid's here, we can all take it easy now."
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Henry Hank on Wed May 08, 2013 9:57 am

I think the fact that it's 2-2 despite three poor Pens efforts is exactly why they're in this mess. They know they don't have to work hard, they're so talented they they're still tied even though they apparently were satisfied enough by the game one win to stop trying. I thought that Iginla and Morrow were driven and respected enough that we'd see the other spoiled brats playing hard for these guys but apparently that's not going to happen.

I think this team is rotten. They can't be bothered to play at playoff intensity and focus and so they find themselves in battles against crappy eight seeds like the Isles this year and Montreal a few years ago.. We saw what happened last year when they fall behind, they throw a tantrum. Apparently they did that last night too, my TV went off after Fleury gave up what hopefully is the last goal he'll ever give up as a Penguin.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins