No practice today HCDB and players will talk at 1230

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: No practice today HCDB and players will talk at 1230

Postby thepittman on Wed May 08, 2013 2:01 pm

Admin wrote:
SpinnerSpencer wrote:Consider if the series does go 7 games, that there is back to back Sat-Sun.

Speaking of, are they ever going to announce game times for Sat-Sun? Please tell me they aren't both afternoon games...

We won game 3 :pop:
thepittman
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby DesertPenguin on Wed May 08, 2013 2:07 pm

murphydump55 wrote:
DesertPenguin wrote:Vokoun was brought in specifically for this purpose. Flower sits until round 2, and then maybe gets the start in game 1. I don't think Vokoun can do it for us all the way to the cup, but he needs to get us out of this series.

So you would bench a goaltender in the next series if he pulled us through this round on a simple feeling that you don't think he can do it all the way for us? Are you kidding me?

A goaltender might come in and save us and win the series for us, and you're going to bench him after that because you don't THINK he can go all the way? You'd rather go back to the guy that has failed you rather than stay with the guy that has helped you? You'd rather bench him BEFORE you can find out if he can go all the way?

wow.

I just don't think Vokoun can get us all the way to the Cup. MAF can if he gets his head right. If we need to go back to MAF, Id rather do it in game one of a series instead of game six.

Lets agree on this: We have to deal with what's in front of us. Vokoun plays the rest of the series, and if we win, we talk about what happens next.
DesertPenguin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby slappybrown on Wed May 08, 2013 2:19 pm

DesertPenguin wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:
DesertPenguin wrote:Vokoun was brought in specifically for this purpose. Flower sits until round 2, and then maybe gets the start in game 1. I don't think Vokoun can do it for us all the way to the cup, but he needs to get us out of this series.

So you would bench a goaltender in the next series if he pulled us through this round on a simple feeling that you don't think he can do it all the way for us? Are you kidding me?

A goaltender might come in and save us and win the series for us, and you're going to bench him after that because you don't THINK he can go all the way? You'd rather go back to the guy that has failed you rather than stay with the guy that has helped you? You'd rather bench him BEFORE you can find out if he can go all the way?

wow.

I just don't think Vokoun can get us all the way to the Cup. MAF can if he gets his head right. If we need to go back to MAF, Id rather do it in game one of a series instead of game six.

Lets agree on this: We have to deal with what's in front of us. Vokoun plays the rest of the series, and if we win, we talk about what happens next.

Why do you think MAF can? If the answer is he previously won a Cup 4 years ago, that's a pretty weak leg to stand on given what's occurred since then.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jopaz on Wed May 08, 2013 2:29 pm

SpinnerSpencer wrote:

Consider if the series does go 7 games, that there is back to back Sat-Sun.

We tend to over-think this. Nabakov will be playing back to back also.
Jopaz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby offsides on Wed May 08, 2013 2:33 pm

GDR wrote:Vokoun is not playing. Sid talked up Fleury. Dupuis said he's their starting goaltender. Ain't happening guys and gals, Bylsma will sink or swim with 29.

Then again, looks like he will sink or swim with 92.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby RxBandit66 on Wed May 08, 2013 3:22 pm

JarkkoVision wrote:What bothers me is that the team seems like they're looking forward to vacation.

The season is not even four months old. If they need a vacation after that, it's a shame.
RxBandit66
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby abwvu1 on Wed May 08, 2013 4:21 pm

offsides wrote:
GDR wrote:Vokoun is not playing. Sid talked up Fleury. Dupuis said he's their starting goaltender. Ain't happening guys and gals, Bylsma will sink or swim with 29.

Goin with Vokoun is a "Degree All-in moment" (WSOP watchers know that quotation).

One that is unfortunately necessary.
abwvu1
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby topshelf66 on Wed May 08, 2013 4:31 pm

Lost our franchise goalie last night. We will ride the hot hand through the playoff and come into next season wide open at the position..
topshelf66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby IanMoran on Wed May 08, 2013 4:34 pm

topshelf66 wrote:Lost our franchise goalie last night. We will ride the hot hand through the playoff and come into next season wide open at the position..

IF TV ends up having a hell of a run I say we buy MAF out and just roll with him for the short-term future. More likely, we go into next season with MAF
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby GDR on Wed May 08, 2013 5:04 pm

offsides wrote:

yep I really didn't think he would do it. Total mis-read.
GDR
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby offsides on Wed May 08, 2013 5:39 pm

GDR wrote:
offsides wrote:

yep I really didn't think he would do it. Total mis-read.

Don't feel bad, I have mis-read almost everything in this series. :(
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby rgj on Wed May 08, 2013 5:45 pm

canaan wrote:Maybe they will sit in a circle and read the riveting tale of Nick Chopper and his perilous journey to find a heart.

I really have NO desire to know WHAT they do in a circle........ :scared:
rgj
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pugilist13 on Wed May 08, 2013 6:10 pm

Pitts wrote:They may be planning a marathon session of video...which would probably help a lot more than on ice practice. Someone needs to drill this crap into the player's heads. I'm really hoping Mario and Ray pay these guys a stern visit as well.

Geno is bringing the beer.
pugilist13
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins