Dave Tippett may be available...

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Dave Tippett may be available...

Postby tfrizz on Wed May 08, 2013 10:24 pm

DelPen wrote:Dave King

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Crankshaft on Thu May 09, 2013 7:18 am

Firebird wrote:I don't understand why Glass is playing....well dressing I mean. Why have him out there for 4 minutes a game?

TK is a much better option

The reason he isn't playing over Glass is he can't kill penalties. Other than the little bit of grit he brings, he's a fairly useless player on this team.

For all of Glass' faults, the few things he does well is kill penalties and be physical.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby littlemoonboot on Thu May 09, 2013 7:29 am

Rocco wrote:Dejan made it clear upper management has no interest in making a change.

http://triblive.com/sports/dejankovacev ... oster-team

I'm not guessing at that. The gentlemen who run this franchise — all of them, no exceptions, right to the top — believe in him emphatically. And I've been assured up, down and sideways that sentiment won't change based on this postseason.

This isn't shtick. The fans are the only ones who think/realize there's a problem and they don't get a vote. Management and the media lack the stomach to go after a guy who took over a team that was out of the playoffs and led them to a Cup win despite the evidence suggesting it may be time for a change.

I'm hoping that the Pens brass will change their mind if they end up with three early exits staring them in the face. They weren't afraid to fire Therrien after he went to the finals and got a contract extension.
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Malkamaniac on Thu May 09, 2013 7:42 am

Guinness wrote:
Rocco wrote:
Guinness wrote:
Rocco wrote:Bylsma isn't getting fired no matter how much sense it makes. He'll get a nice long extension Dixon-style and the media in town will cheer.

I'm around enough to get the whole 'Rocco' shtick, but in fact there is no way Bylsma is back next year if this team doesn't make a helluva run into the ECF, at a minimum.

And if that is NOT the case, then I will surely lose faith in Shero AND Lemieux.

Dejan made it clear upper management has no interest in making a change.

http://triblive.com/sports/dejankovacev ... oster-team

I'm not guessing at that. The gentlemen who run this franchise — all of them, no exceptions, right to the top — believe in him emphatically. And I've been assured up, down and sideways that sentiment won't change based on this postseason.

This isn't shtick. The fans are the only ones who think/realize there's a problem and they don't get a vote. Management and the media lack the stomach to go after a guy who took over a team that was out of the playoffs and led them to a Cup win despite the evidence suggesting it may be time for a change.

I mean, there's nothing to substantiate that piece.

Obviously, DK has access that I don't, so on that basis alone his opinion is worth more than mine... but even from 2 hours away my observation is that there is no way that management will be satisfied with anything short of a deep ECF run; and if they are, then I will be sorely dissatisfied with them.

That was also written before games 3 and 4 I believe as well.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Gaucho on Thu May 09, 2013 7:45 am

DelPen wrote:Dave King or Granato.

You want to get rid of DB and then promote one of his assistant coaches? I don't get it. If the coaching is to blame, then surely Granato is part of the problem and not of the solution, no?
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby DocEmrick on Thu May 09, 2013 7:51 am

Promote Granato.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Thu May 09, 2013 7:51 am

Gaucho wrote:
DelPen wrote:Dave King or Granato.

You want to get rid of DB and then promote one of his assistant coaches? I don't get it. If the coaching is to blame, then surely Granato is part of the problem and not of the solution, no?

Yes, especially Granato. If DB is considered a players coach, I don't know what you'd call Granato.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins