'13 Playoffs Game 5 vs NYI - Thoughts from the Morning After

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: '13 Playoffs Game 5 vs NYI - Thoughts from the Morning A

Postby the errey i breathe on Fri May 10, 2013 4:49 pm

I think this game might have been the series. With the Isles being a young team, I think they may press a little too much tomorrow and come out tight which is not a recipe for success. The pressure is all on them now and I'm not sure they have enough gas in the tank. Hopefully I'm right.
the errey i breathe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Henry Hank on Fri May 10, 2013 4:55 pm

I'd argue the Pens have a lot more pressure. The Islanders have already done more than most people thought they'd do. They're a younger team in its first postseason. Anything more they do is a bonus. The Pens are the team that is favored to win the Cup but haven't won a playoff series in three years. They're the team that has blown its last two 3-2 series leads. They've had considerably more difficulty with the Islanders than they should have. Nobody is really going to be disappointed in the Isles if they lose tomorrow. The Pens have a lot to prove right now and hopefully that's reflected in their performance.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby André on Fri May 10, 2013 4:57 pm

Henry Hank wrote:I'd argue the Pens have a lot more pressure. The Islanders have already done more than most people thought they'd do. They're a younger team in its first postseason. Anything more they do is a bonus. The Pens are the team that is favored to win the Cup but haven't won a playoff series in three years. They're the team that has blown its last two 3-2 series leads. They've had considerably more difficulty with the Islanders than they should have. Nobody is really going to be disappointed in the Isles if they lose tomorrow. The Pens have a lot to prove right now and hopefully that's reflected in their performance.

And let's not forget the first period was cleary the Isles'. Not done yet (though I'm very optimistic now with the new top six, addition of Kennedy and Vitale and Vokoun in net).
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Fri May 10, 2013 5:00 pm

All I know is that if the Islanders adopt the mentality of their fanbase they've already lost. I expect the Penguins to put their foot on the Isles' throat and step down. Hard.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Durbano on Fri May 10, 2013 5:22 pm

Pens are 3-0 in this series when they don't put the puck into their own net.
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins