Why not Bennett in over Glass/Adams/Jokinen?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Why not Bennett in over Glass/Adams/Jokinen?

Postby Pens4Life on Sat May 11, 2013 4:02 am

I would like to see 4th line :

Vitale - Jokinen - TK
for now.. but that wont happen,because Bylsma wont scratch both Adams and Glass,because of PK
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby smoothmoneyb on Sat May 11, 2013 4:08 am

The more I think about it, the more a 4th line of Vitale, Morrow and Jokinen just sounds AMAZING! And you still get to keep your 3rd line of Cooke, Sutter and Kennedy that's been pretty solid all year. We know it will never happen because Adams is almost untouchable but WOW! It sure is fun to think about. You basically have two different 3rd lines there, 3a and 3b with slightly different styles. You've got speed on both lines, you've got energy guys, toughness, agitators, ability to cycle and a seriously legitimate threat to score from both of those lines. Man, I want for this to happen so badly.

I'm not quite too sure about Jokinens speed, though. Just haven't really watched him play enough. I mean I know he's not Murray slow, or even Sutter slow, but I'm fairly certain he's not Dupuis fast either. Anyone else want to weigh in on that?
Last edited by smoothmoneyb on Sat May 11, 2013 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
smoothmoneyb
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby smoothmoneyb on Sat May 11, 2013 4:12 am

Pens4Life wrote:I would like to see 4th line :

Vitale - Jokinen - TK
for now.. but that wont happen,because Bylsma wont scratch both Adams and Glass,because of PK

didn't see this until after i posted. yeah, i think that would work too, and would be my 2nd choice for lines 3 and 4. but morrow looked good on the fourth line with vitale last night, and TK, by now is used to playing with cooke and sutter. plus TK and vitale are the fastest of all those guys, and i think the best situation would be to try and spread the speed out a little bit..
smoothmoneyb
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby PenguinSteve-o on Sat May 11, 2013 7:45 am

We have a better chance to go deep in playoffs and win a cup with Adams playing than BB. IMO.
PenguinSteve-o
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Pavel Bure on Sat May 11, 2013 8:44 am

The first 2 pages of this are gold
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shmenguin on Sat May 11, 2013 8:45 am

Depends on who we're playing. Dupuis was scratched for sykora in 09 when the wings were able to neutralize our stars. The same thing could happen again with Adams/Bennett.

In theory anyways.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pitt87 on Sat May 11, 2013 11:19 am

smoothmoneyb wrote:I think more than anything, the biggest reason for playing Adams over BB is that Adams is far less likely to cost us by making a rookie type of mistake. Adams doesn't add a whole lot but he is reliable, which is something Bylsma values, as he should. Basically he brings stability, gets significant minutes on the PK and more than anything else, HCDB trusts him. I think there's a good chance we see BB again if we advance against the islanders. I think he's got a heck of a future, but as others have said, he just doesn't bring enough of anything extra that we don't already have out there currently, and thereby justify the risk of replacing a proven vet with a rookie. Honestly I can't even begin to imagine a situation where HCDB scratches Adams. I think Adams would have to screw up royally, and probably in multiple games for that to happen. With that said, I'd have no problem replacing Adams in the lineup, although I just don't see it happening. It is kind of funny that you mention replacing Adams with BB as opposed to Jokinen, though. I mean, I honestly wouldn't mind replacing Adams, but if it was a choice of replacing him with Jokinen or BB, I'm taking Jokinen 7 days a week and twice on sunday. Not even close

You just described a 6th or 7th defender, not a forward. A forward making a mistake rarely ends up in your net, and if it does its a really big mistake. I'd argue that, in today's NHL, the best thing a forward can do on the 4th line is work in their own zone to deliver the puck from danger, gain the red line and get the puck behind defenders and occasionally get the puck to the net for an offensive zone faceoff. 27 is terrible at all of these.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby ScottishPenguin on Sat May 11, 2013 12:54 pm

We're all a little attached to Bennett because he's basically our only forward prospect. He was extremely useful back in February/March when our top 6 had a hole in it. Then we got Iginla, and to a lesser extent Morrow and Jokinen, and now there isn't really space for him. It's as simple as that.
ScottishPenguin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby pugilist13 on Sat May 11, 2013 12:59 pm

You go with the lineup that won game 5. That is all.
pugilist13
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Godric on Sat May 11, 2013 4:56 pm

RRRAAAAAGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Code: Select all
KYLE PALMIERI

WEIGHT: 197
SHOOTS: RIGHT
BORN: FEB 1, 1991  (AGE 22)

SEASON   GP   G   A   P   +/-   PIM   PP   SH   GW   S   S%
REGULAR SEASON   42   10   11   21   2   9   2   0   5   92     10.9
PLAYOFF STATS   6   3   2   5   5   4   0   0   0   10   30.0

Code: Select all
BEAU BENNETT

HEIGHT:    6' 2"
WEIGHT:    207   
SHOOTS:    Right
BIRTHDATE:     November 27, 1991  (AGE 21)

SEASON              GP   G   A   P   +/-   PIM   PP   SH   GWG   S   S%
REGULAR SEASON    26   3   11   14   7   6   1   0   2   30   10.0
PLAYOFFS             3   1   0   1   2   0   1   0   1   4   25.0
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby Godric on Sat May 11, 2013 4:59 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/
The fourth line for the Ducks has been among their best, as Palmieri, Emerson Etem and David Steckel have made the most of their minutes. Said Coach Bruce Boudreau to the Detroit News:
"I think that's been a strength all year," Anaheim coach Bruce Boudreau said after his team's morning skate. "If you look at the teams, we were in the top 10 in scoring and nobody with more than 15 goals. I think it's a good thing that if one line is not going at any point in a game or for a couple games, we've got other lines to pick up the slack.”

Kyle Palmieri is certainly better at hockey than Craig Adams. I'd argue that Beau Bennett is better than Kyle Palmieri. I get to see plenty of both down here in Socal.
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby MRandall25 on Sat May 11, 2013 5:01 pm

Beau Bennett doesn't fit into this lineup when everyone is healthy.

/thread
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Stick_Flex on Sat May 11, 2013 5:13 pm

Godric wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/
The fourth line for the Ducks has been among their best, as Palmieri, Emerson Etem and David Steckel have made the most of their minutes. Said Coach Bruce Boudreau to the Detroit News:
"I think that's been a strength all year," Anaheim coach Bruce Boudreau said after his team's morning skate. "If you look at the teams, we were in the top 10 in scoring and nobody with more than 15 goals. I think it's a good thing that if one line is not going at any point in a game or for a couple games, we've got other lines to pick up the slack.”

Kyle Palmieri is certainly better at hockey than Craig Adams. I'd argue that Beau Bennett is better than Kyle Palmieri. I get to see plenty of both down here in Socal.

Your right Bennett is better then Palmieri. The real rookie you should be looking at from the ducks is Etem. Etem is going to be a great player.
Stick_Flex
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Godric on Sat May 11, 2013 5:20 pm

Etem and Palmieri are both legit.
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins