To all those saying Vokoun can't get to or win a Cup..,

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

To all those saying Vokoun can't get to or win a Cup..,

Postby Getting To My Game on Sun May 12, 2013 11:26 am

Osgood in 98 and 08. Bill Ranford in 1990. Roloson getting the Oilers to one in 2006. Niemi and Leighton in 2010. Jon Casey getting the Northstars to one in 1991. The list goes on and on, that is all.
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 8:43 pm
Location: In Soviet Pittsburgh, contract extend you

Re: To all those saying Vokoun can't get to or win a Cup..,

Postby Shakes on Sun May 12, 2013 11:30 am

I'll email this to mike.milbury@headupmy***.com.
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,893
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: To all those saying Vokoun can't get to or win a Cup..,

Postby Big Easy Pens Fan on Sun May 12, 2013 11:33 am

Shakes wrote:I'll email this to mike.milbury@headupmy***.com.


:lol: :fist:

BEPF
Big Easy Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,593
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:18 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA

Re: To all those saying Vokoun can't get to or win a Cup..,

Postby Getting To My Game on Sun May 12, 2013 1:13 pm

Shakes wrote:I'll email this to mike.milbury@headupmy***.com.

FTW!
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 8:43 pm
Location: In Soviet Pittsburgh, contract extend you

Re: To all those saying Vokoun can't get to or win a Cup..,

Postby Henry Hank on Sun May 12, 2013 2:17 pm

:thumb: Vokoun is good! I don't know where the thinking that he's some ancient scrub is coming from. He has a good track record and he's looking good right now. There's no reason he can't back them to a long run if the rest of the team is interested in working for it.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,480
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:31 pm

Re: To all those saying Vokoun can't get to or win a Cup..,

Postby pens_CT on Sun May 12, 2013 2:24 pm

Henry Hank wrote::thumb: Vokoun is good! I don't know where the thinking that he's some ancient scrub is coming from. He has a good track record and he's looking good right now. There's no reason he can't back them to a long run if the rest of the team is interested in working for it.

...and if Vokoun plays a stinker of a game or two what do you do? Leave him in there, or turn back to MAF? IMO MAF has to get back in there at some point if they really want to get out of the eastern conference into the final.
pens_CT
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,543
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:47 pm

Re: To all those saying Vokoun can't get to or win a Cup..,

Postby Henry Hank on Sun May 12, 2013 2:34 pm

pens_CT wrote:
Henry Hank wrote::thumb: Vokoun is good! I don't know where the thinking that he's some ancient scrub is coming from. He has a good track record and he's looking good right now. There's no reason he can't back them to a long run if the rest of the team is interested in working for it.

...and if Vokoun plays a stinker of a game or two what do you do? Leave him in there, or turn back to MAF? IMO MAF has to get back in there at some point if they really want to get out of the eastern conference into the final.


If Vokoun bombs and the team needs a spark I'd go back to Fleury as a desperation move. I'm not sure he's going to struggle that badly but I do think the team will need a spark after a couple more games. I definitely think they'll be forced to go back to Fleury. It's just not a move that needs to be made yet. Vokoun gives them the better chance to win now, any other thought is just getting ahead of ourselves.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,480
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:31 pm

Re: To all those saying Vokoun can't get to or win a Cup..,

Postby DropEmJayBird on Sun May 12, 2013 2:38 pm

As it stands now - both goalies need protected in that if you turn the puck over 10000 times to talented goal scorers, they will score against you.
MAF, in particular, enjoys having his own defense deflect pucks on him, or if they can't do that - they run over him or run him out of his own crease.
The good thing is that the team has stopped doing that with Vokoun in net - perhaps if he was killing to nearly kill his old neighbor in florida - the team is scared **** that he might do the same to them.
DropEmJayBird
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,498
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:38 pm

Re: To all those saying Vokoun can't get to or win a Cup..,

Postby Staggy on Sun May 12, 2013 3:19 pm

DropEmJayBird wrote:As it stands now - both goalies need protected in that if you turn the puck over 10000 times to talented goal scorers, they will score against you.
MAF, in particular, enjoys having his own defense deflect pucks on him, or if they can't do that - they run over him or run him out of his own crease.
The good thing is that the team has stopped doing that with Vokoun in net - perhaps if he was killing to nearly kill his old neighbor in florida - the team is scared **** that he might do the same to them.


No, the team actually made a lot of the same plays that they did in games 2-4. Vokoun just didn't suck and made a bunch of huge saves.
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,792
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:33 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: To all those saying Vokoun can't get to or win a Cup..,

Postby Beveridge on Sun May 12, 2013 3:24 pm

If the team that played in front of the goalies from March through April shows up, and not the one that played January - February, both goalies can get this team to and win the cup.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,108
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:38 pm


Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Pitt87, the wicked child and 24 guests

e-mail