How does Wayne Simmonds beat Malkin for the NHL 2014 cover?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: How does Wayne Simmonds beat Malkin for the NHL 2014 cov

Postby TPW on Thu May 16, 2013 2:47 pm

All the more reason to keep Penguins off of it! :twisted:
TPW
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Matthew Monstar on Thu May 16, 2013 2:55 pm

While it's not a huge deal, I can't fathom to understand why Crosby or Malkin or Letang haven't been spotlighted on the cover of the game.

Doesn''t make much sense to me. But the game sucks anyways. I bet if 2K sports was still around, Sid or Geno would have made the cover :pop:

Im all for Bobrovsky, dude is nasty! And I love to see goaltenders on the cover of vidyagames! :fist:
Matthew Monstar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby TPW on Thu May 16, 2013 3:49 pm

Crosby either wants too much money (doubtful) or just isn't interested in being featured, it looks like.
TPW
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Scott on Thu May 16, 2013 4:38 pm

slappybrown wrote:http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2013/5/13/4327060/wayne-simmonds-nhl-14-cover-vote

There are many an esteemed CUP alums on this board who are no doubt disturbed by the above.

Ok so...the author throws a fit about something that clearly shouldn't have been said and that is understandable....but then he turns right around and offers up something childish and ignorant too...posting the father's employment phone number. Seriously ridiculous IMO. On all fronts.

Flyers fans look forward to being internet vigilantes and we look forward to game two of the second round. Sounds just about perfect.
Scott
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Sarcastic on Thu May 16, 2013 4:39 pm

Yeah, how does Wayne Simmonds get picked for that. So many better hockey players. He's pretty good, but nowhere near star status. Wait. Controversial comment coming. Did the fact he's 'african american' have anything to do with it? Serious question. It can't be because of him as a player, so what else? Someone try to provide a justification.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Thu May 16, 2013 4:48 pm

Nevermind. I thought Simmonds got the cover already and that it was decided by the company.

Voting is still going on. Still doesn't make sense why he beat Malkin, though. My guess, if it's decided by the fans as I now find out, is that there is a whole lot of anti-Penguin sentiment out there.

http://covervote.nhl.com/#/ballot
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Thu May 16, 2013 4:52 pm

Sarcastic wrote:Nevermind. I thought Simmonds got the cover already and that it was decided by the company.

Voting is still going on. Still doesn't make sense why he beat Malkin, though.

Flyers fans always rally the troops when there's any way that one of their players can beat a Penguin. It's laughable, honestly. They are the lowest form of sports fans there is. I usually read GDT of other teams, just to get a better 'feel' for the game--the Flyers' are always filled with nonsense and very, very little hockey insight.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Sarcastic on Thu May 16, 2013 4:52 pm

Actually, the company did pick Simmonds to even be in the voting. That I do not agree with.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Thu May 16, 2013 4:56 pm

DontToewsMeBro wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:Nevermind. I thought Simmonds got the cover already and that it was decided by the company.

Flyers fans always rally the troops when there's any way that one of their players can beat a Penguin. It's laughable, honestly. They are the lowest form of sports fans there is. I usually read GDT of other teams, just to get a better 'feel' for the game--the Flyers' are always filled with nonsense and very, very little hockey insight.

I was reading HFBoards going into the Isles series and am now during the Sens series. I did see a lot of anti-Pens talk from fans of other teams. Guys coming onto Isles and Sens forums to give their support. It's kinda surprising to me, in a way. Like, what the people want from us, other than showing their jealousy we have a good team. I think we have one of the coolest and most likable groups of players around.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DudeMan2766 on Thu May 16, 2013 5:13 pm

Sarcastic wrote:
DontToewsMeBro wrote:

I was reading HFBoards going into the Isles series and am now during the Sens series. I did see a lot of anti-Pens talk from fans of other teams. Guys coming onto Isles and Sens forums to give their support. It's kinda surprising to me, in a way. Like, what the people want from us, other than showing their jealousy we have a good team. I think we have one of the coolest and most likable groups of players around.

I agree. When it comes to the Pens tho for whatever reason more than any other good team fans and analyst all act like highschoolers complaining about the popular kids.
DudeMan2766
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Wjsan on Thu May 16, 2013 5:27 pm

Screw the Flyers! This happened because they have nothing else to do during the playoffs. Those Phony Phriggin' Phans are Phuming because they are not playing right now. Bobrovsky should win, he has every right to be on it. However, I would like to have a Pen representin'.
Wjsan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby skullman80 on Thu May 16, 2013 5:47 pm

Again just download and print a custom cover and you can have whoever you want on the front of the game if it bothers you that much. Some of the custom covers that get made are better than the one that is actually on the game in the first place.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby scals37 on Fri May 17, 2013 6:48 am

fun fact, the only player on the current Star-calibur Pens roster to grace the cover is Jarome Iginla

side note: he scored 41 goals that year in the pre-lockout era
scals37
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DocEmrick on Fri May 17, 2013 7:10 am

NHL 14 is going to be the exact same thing as 13, 12, 11, 10 and 09 with an updated roster and a new menu skin.
DocEmrick
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby DocEmrick on Fri May 17, 2013 7:11 am

Oh and I guess new divisions and what not...
DocEmrick
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby CERV96 on Fri May 17, 2013 7:52 am

Always thought the C and the A were cool on those Flames jerseys.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby sil on Fri May 17, 2013 8:00 am

CERV96 wrote:Always thought the C and the A were cool on those Flames jerseys.

Yeah, I love the omage to Atlanta with the "A", but man that alternate logo from that era was awful.

Spoiler:
Not as bad as the Gorton fisherman.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Matthew Monstar on Fri May 17, 2013 9:03 am

DocEmrick wrote:NHL 14 is going to be the exact same thing as 13, 12, 11, 10 and 09 with an updated roster and a new menu skin.

No, NHL 14 will be just the same as the past four years....

However...they will sprinkle in a few new "modes"..... I'm sure they'll bring back Winter Classic Modes with options to play in all the various cities.

They do this to cover up the fact that they've not really improved the game enough to make a difference and only the serious gamer's notice and will give a damn.

They need competition in order to earn praise. They can shove all those "awards" somewhere in their crotch.... I'd swear their programmers have never played hockey before.
Matthew Monstar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri May 17, 2013 9:07 am

I think the improvements in 09 or 10 actually made it better and they've actually been going backwards(albeit slightly, no real major changes) since then. I have no interest in buying another NHL game though. I'm thinking 15 maybe, I last bought 12. My new plan is to alternate every 3-4 years with FIFA, NBA, NHL games, getting one each year.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby WDWBurghGooner on Fri May 17, 2013 10:47 am

Simmonds can barely skate let alone be considered an elite talent.
WDWBurghGooner
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins