Jeopardy Fail

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Jeopardy Fail

Postby DocEmrick on Thu May 16, 2013 8:10 pm

DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,374
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:33 pm
Location: SETEC Astronomy

Re: Jeopardy Fail

Postby Gaucho on Thu May 16, 2013 8:24 pm

Boo! Hiss!
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,496
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: Jeopardy Fail

Postby DocEmrick on Thu May 16, 2013 8:27 pm

Next time he should answer with

What's the difference between you and a mallard with a cold?
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,374
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:33 pm
Location: SETEC Astronomy

Re: Jeopardy Fail

Postby the errey i breathe on Thu May 16, 2013 10:16 pm

Geno Crosby?
the errey i breathe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,785
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:39 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: Jeopardy Fail

Postby Daniel87 on Thu May 16, 2013 11:28 pm

TEH SID
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,077
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:06 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Jeopardy Fail

Postby wondermoose on Thu May 16, 2013 11:54 pm

Well, at least that puts the "Geno" or "Gino" debate to bed. If it's on Jeopardy, it must be right!
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,968
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:18 am

Re: Jeopardy Fail

Postby SolidSnake on Fri May 17, 2013 12:17 am

Sidney Malkin is the best player on the planet
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,127
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:41 pm
Location: Winners don't use drugs.- William S. Sessions.

Re: Jeopardy Fail

Postby Steve Dave on Fri May 17, 2013 7:55 am

Colors that end in "urple".
Steve Dave
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 959
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:09 pm

Re: Jeopardy Fail

Postby sil on Fri May 17, 2013 7:58 am

"AAAASSSSIIIIIAAAAA."
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,910
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:05 pm
Location: the Juice Case manufacturing plant

Re: Jeopardy Fail

Postby shoeshine boy on Fri May 17, 2013 9:10 am

wondermoose wrote:Well, at least that puts the "Geno" or "Gino" debate to bed. If it's on Jeopardy, it must be right!


tell that to Easton and Bauer:
Image

Image
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,398
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:44 am
Location: me, 3 years Super League

Re: Jeopardy Fail

Postby darkstar57 on Fri May 17, 2013 10:04 am

Turd Ferguson would have gotten it right

http://www.hulu.com/watch/12203
darkstar57
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,926
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:13 pm
Location: A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish

Re: Jeopardy Fail

Postby pfim on Fri May 17, 2013 10:17 am

I lost on Jeopardy, baby, ooohooooh
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,789
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:35 am
Location: Sitting in front of my computer

Re: Jeopardy Fail

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri May 17, 2013 10:20 am

Spectacular.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,212
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Jeopardy Fail

Postby penny lane on Fri May 17, 2013 10:39 am

Tufts; where are their gold medals ? ;) :P
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,621
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Have fun, kick butt!

Re: Jeopardy Fail

Postby murphydump55 on Fri May 17, 2013 10:47 am

If it was a question of who won the World Series of Poker 4 years ago, or who won the NBA defensive player of the year in 2011, or some kind of Nascar race winner, he probably would have answered correctly.

I still struggle to see how hockey isn't grasped in the US. How someone can watch basketball over hockey is mind blowing. Especially playoff hockey!
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,480
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: Thunder Bay

Re: Jeopardy Fail

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri May 17, 2013 10:53 am

Did Durant win the scoring title last year? That would be my guess, but I don't know who won in the NBA.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,212
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Jeopardy Fail

Postby murphydump55 on Fri May 17, 2013 11:00 am

Idoit40fans wrote:Did Durant win the scoring title last year? That would be my guess, but I don't know who won in the NBA.


haha, basketball is the one sport I refuse to watch. I used to be a fan, but I just find the actual game ridiculous. (not to mention the characters that play)
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,480
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: Thunder Bay

Re: Jeopardy Fail

Postby Headshot77 on Fri May 17, 2013 12:09 pm

Sidgeni Croskin? :pop:
Headshot77
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:02 am

Re: Jeopardy Fail

Postby ExPatriatePen on Fri May 17, 2013 12:14 pm

I can't watch the NBA (And I'm friends with a former NBA player who's son currently is a guard for Washington). I'm totally an NCAA Basketball fan though. Funny how that works.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,691
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: Jeopardy Fail

Postby pfim on Fri May 17, 2013 12:15 pm

murphydump55 wrote:If it was a question of who won the World Series of Poker 4 years ago, or who won the NBA defensive player of the year in 2011, or some kind of Nascar race winner, he probably would have answered correctly.

I still struggle to see how hockey isn't grasped in the US. How someone can watch basketball over hockey is mind blowing. Especially playoff hockey!


His name is Jed and he attends Tufts. I don't think his incorrect answer has anything to do with the NHL's popularity.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,789
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:35 am
Location: Sitting in front of my computer

Re: Jeopardy Fail

Postby MRandall25 on Fri May 17, 2013 12:25 pm

pfim wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:If it was a question of who won the World Series of Poker 4 years ago, or who won the NBA defensive player of the year in 2011, or some kind of Nascar race winner, he probably would have answered correctly.

I still struggle to see how hockey isn't grasped in the US. How someone can watch basketball over hockey is mind blowing. Especially playoff hockey!


His name is Jed and he attends Tufts. I don't think his incorrect answer has anything to do with the NHL's popularity.


A girl on the program the day before thought Henrik Lundqvist played for the Anaheim Ducks. But it was easy enough for her to name the teams of random NFL'ers and NBA'ers.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,376
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Jeopardy Fail

Postby PAPLine on Fri May 17, 2013 1:28 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
pfim wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:If it was a question of who won the World Series of Poker 4 years ago, or who won the NBA defensive player of the year in 2011, or some kind of Nascar race winner, he probably would have answered correctly.

I still struggle to see how hockey isn't grasped in the US. How someone can watch basketball over hockey is mind blowing. Especially playoff hockey!


His name is Jed and he attends Tufts. I don't think his incorrect answer has anything to do with the NHL's popularity.


A girl on the program the day before thought Henrik Lundqvist played for the Anaheim Ducks. But it was easy enough for her to name the teams of random NFL'ers and NBA'ers.

The only NBA players I can name are James LeBron and Michael Jordan.
PAPLine
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Jeopardy Fail

Postby champeen on Fri May 17, 2013 2:09 pm

murphydump55 wrote:haha, basketball is the one sport I refuse to watch. I used to be a fan, but I just find the actual game ridiculous. (not to mention the characters that play)


i'm no basketball fan, but i find it interesting that people still consider the nba to be some sort of 'thug' league, while the nfl maintains #1 status in the hearts and minds of the people. i cant remember the last time an nba player shot himself in the leg, or killed a teammate in a drunk-driving accident, or shot his girlfriend, or got arrested for breaking and entering, or whatever else.
i dont watch the nba because i hate basketball, but the players, in general, seem pretty solid to me.
champeen
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:29 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Jeopardy Fail

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri May 17, 2013 2:11 pm

PAPLine wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
pfim wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:If it was a question of who won the World Series of Poker 4 years ago, or who won the NBA defensive player of the year in 2011, or some kind of Nascar race winner, he probably would have answered correctly.

I still struggle to see how hockey isn't grasped in the US. How someone can watch basketball over hockey is mind blowing. Especially playoff hockey!


His name is Jed and he attends Tufts. I don't think his incorrect answer has anything to do with the NHL's popularity.


A girl on the program the day before thought Henrik Lundqvist played for the Anaheim Ducks. But it was easy enough for her to name the teams of random NFL'ers and NBA'ers.

The only NBA players I can name are James LeBron and Michael Jordan.


:pop: Michael Jordan retired.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,212
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Jeopardy Fail

Postby murphydump55 on Fri May 17, 2013 2:48 pm

champeen wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:haha, basketball is the one sport I refuse to watch. I used to be a fan, but I just find the actual game ridiculous. (not to mention the characters that play)


i'm no basketball fan, but i find it interesting that people still consider the nba to be some sort of 'thug' league, while the nfl maintains #1 status in the hearts and minds of the people. i cant remember the last time an nba player shot himself in the leg, or killed a teammate in a drunk-driving accident, or shot his girlfriend, or got arrested for breaking and entering, or whatever else.
i dont watch the nba because i hate basketball, but the players, in general, seem pretty solid to me.


I didn't say it was a "thug" league, you're putting words into my mouth.

I'm just not a fan of the players and their actions on or off the court. Players were showing up to games dressed like court jesters, or sitting on the sidelines dressed like rap stars.....I'm pretty sure they've implemented a dress code now?
A lot of them have this too cool attitude and tough guy image, yet an NBA fight consists of open handed slaps, wild, whirling arms, or a sucker punch, then running away. Then there's the trash talking and taunting. How many times are you going to see a guy dunk over a guy in a blowout game, only to have the guy stand over him, glare at him, followed by "what's my name b!tch?". They do this because they know it's going to get them on Sportscenter. I'd love to see the day that a hockey player scores, goes back to the goaltender and says something like that. He'd be playing the rest of the game with 3 sticks shoved up his arse.

Let's not forget that Gilbert Arenas pulled a loaded gun in the locker room over a gambling debt.

Next time you watch an NBA game, look what happens when a player makes a big shot. More often than not, you'll see them beating on their chest, mugging for a camera, or doing that **** thing where they pop their jersey. When a hockey player scores a goal, the first thing he almost always does is point at the guy who passed him the puck. Maybe it's just me, but I find that a lot more appealing to watch. (save for Ovy's celebrations at times)

Just my thoughts. Add this stuff to a game that I find boring and ridiculous and it makes for something I can't get interested in. I might tune in for hte last couple minutes of a bball game if it's close. But that ends up taking forever. How many timeouts do you really need? Cut their timeouts in half and let's see these guy create on the fly.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,480
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: Thunder Bay

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests


cron
e-mail