Decent Brooks article

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Decent Brooks article

Postby MarioLives on Fri May 17, 2013 8:37 am

I really like me some free candy.....seems like a genuine person and his teammates really like him.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/ron-cook/cook-orpik-cant-dodge-glory-or-spotlight-687965/
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Decent Brooks article

Postby penny lane on Fri May 17, 2013 2:32 pm

funny reading again how the players just are not use to being edge of their seat fans! 8-) :P
Unfortunately, a lower-body injury forced Orpik to miss the final two regular-season games and the first three playoff games against the Islanders. He said watching Game 3 -- won in overtime by the Penguins on a Chris Kunitz goal -- was "the most nervous I've ever been at a hockey game."

More so than in Game 7 against the Detroit Red Wings in the 2009 Stanley Cup final?

"Not even close," Orpik said. "When you play, you feel like you have some control. But when you're not playing? You feel helpless. I watched Game 3 with [teammate James Neal] and he looked at me at one point and said, 'I don't care what they have to do to me, I'm playing the next game.' I felt the same way. When you're out, you feel like you're letting a lot of people down. Your teammates. The organization. The fans. I hate that feeling."

"I'm not huge into individual glory."
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Decent Brooks article

Postby Great58 on Fri May 17, 2013 2:47 pm

Thanks for posting that, I had not seen it.
Great58
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins