OFFICIAL GDT: OTT v. PIT (ECSF GAME 2)

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: OTT v. PIT (ECSF GAME 2)

Postby Inkio on Fri May 17, 2013 10:46 pm

Gaucho wrote:
columbia wrote:I'm loving Morrow on the Pens, but I do question whether he should play another year in the NHL.
He looks so gassed at all times.

Re-signing him is certainly not a priority, maybe not even a consideration. Only if he's willing to play for small change.

He's only 34... and he's not a fast player. Why do people seem to think every single player needs to fly around like Crosby, Kennedy, or Vitale? He's not a speed player.... he has drawn so many penalties for the pens in the playoffs... you people need to open your eyes and realize how much he is doing for this team. Not to mention at the end of this game killing as much time he did in the corner.. and scoring the game winning goal. It's not all points people. Christ. Stop doubting Morrow.
Last edited by Inkio on Fri May 17, 2013 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inkio
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby murphydump55 on Fri May 17, 2013 10:47 pm

Maata and Harrington on TV now in the Memorial Cup. It'll be nice to watch 3 future D men in this tournament.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby marek on Fri May 17, 2013 10:47 pm

Rocco wrote:
dbizzle66 wrote:
pcm wrote:Jim Houghston: " And the senators finally get the puck back because Morrow has to go for a change."

That was choke-hold shift by #10 to crush any late game charge by the Sens. I'd really like to see him play with a real center....

Morrow is tougher than leather

Morrow's found his niche on this team as a crash-and-bang 3rd liner.

Except jussi jokinen saw as much ice time as him tonight (and yes I know he was a scratch)
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby nocera on Fri May 17, 2013 10:50 pm

42 shots on goal tonight. Man.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Shakes on Fri May 17, 2013 10:50 pm

Haven't the Pens blown a 3rd period lead only once all year? Against the Isles in Game 3?

I know that was a sloppy goal to make the score close, but the Sens never threatened after that. I don't worry about the team's ability to close games.
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Lt. Dish on Fri May 17, 2013 10:52 pm

Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic 1h

Here’s video of our Gulf Tower lighting up tonight when #Pens score: http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-o ... goal-light … You live in a good place, my friends. #TribHKY
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby marek on Fri May 17, 2013 10:52 pm

nocera wrote:42 shots on goal tonight. Man.

2/3rds of that in the first period.
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby pressure=9Pa on Fri May 17, 2013 10:55 pm

Lt. Dish wrote:Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic 1h

Here’s video of our Gulf Tower lighting up tonight when #Pens score: http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-o ... goal-light … You live in a good place, my friends. #TribHKY

:thumb:
pressure=9Pa
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Getting To My Game on Fri May 17, 2013 10:55 pm

Put this series away in Ottawa and prepare for the war against Boston. Yes, Im looking ahead, but Im a fan on a message board, Im allowed to do such things.
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby malkinshair on Fri May 17, 2013 10:56 pm

mariojr wrote:
Getting To My Game wrote:Amazing that people can even entertain the notion of going back to Fleury. Koun was mediocre, but still made the necessary saves to win, that's what good goalies do. We should go back to Fleury because Vokoun didn't look good enough while winning his 4th comsecutive start? Get real.

QFT.

If you were criticizing MAF after games 2 and 3 last series, but not criticizing TV after this one, I'm thinking that you just don't like Fleury. TV looked worse in this game than Fleury did in any game but game 4 against the Isles. Vokoun is losing steam...and fast. If you go with him in game 3, he's got to have a short leash. He let in a horribly soft goal, a momentum sucking goal 40secs after we took a 2 goal lead, and a goal when he was 15 feet outside of his net. He also made 2 huge saves, but wasn't really challenged most of the night. If he's not going to be better than that, then he's not the answer for the Pens moving forward.
malkinshair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pens2005 on Fri May 17, 2013 10:56 pm

marek wrote:
nocera wrote:42 shots on goal tonight. Man.

2/3rds of that in the first period.

I'm pretty bad with my negativity and I admit that...but you're in a big time complaining mood.

I think you're trying to start some sort of message board brawl. Lol.
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Getting To My Game on Fri May 17, 2013 10:57 pm

Shakes wrote:Haven't the Pens blown a 3rd period lead only once all year? Against the Isles in Game 3?

I know that was a sloppy goal to make the score close, but the Sens never threatened after that. I don't worry about the team's ability to close games.

Yeah, the Pens have been the best team in one goal games all year, Ottawa couldn't even pull Lehner until like 45 seconds left, exceptional defensive effort there.
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Getting To My Game on Fri May 17, 2013 10:58 pm

malkinshair wrote:
mariojr wrote:
Getting To My Game wrote:Amazing that people can even entertain the notion of going back to Fleury. Koun was mediocre, but still made the necessary saves to win, that's what good goalies do. We should go back to Fleury because Vokoun didn't look good enough while winning his 4th comsecutive start? Get real.

QFT.

If you were criticizing MAF after games 2 and 3 last series, but not criticizing TV after this one, I'm thinking that you just don't like Fleury. TV looked worse in this game than Fleury did in any game but game 4 against the Isles. Vokoun is losing steam...and fast. If you go with him in game 3, he's got to have a short leash. He let in a horribly soft goal, a momentum sucking goal 40secs after we took a 2 goal lead, and a goal when he was 15 feet outside of his net. He also made 2 huge saves, but wasn't really challenged most of the night. If he's not going to be better than that, then he's not the answer for the Pens moving forward.

Losing steam and fast? He's given up 4 goals so far in this series, what the hell are you talking about? Also, Fleury gets criticized more quickly because he has a save percentage below .900 the past four years and is 1-3 in those series.
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby RxBandit66 on Fri May 17, 2013 11:00 pm

All the talk from Ottawa about how much better they would be tonight, and they surrender 42 shots and their starting goaltender gets the hook. If the Pens would have connected on a few of the chances they usually bury, this game could have been 8-3.

Even if Ottawa plays better, the Pens could easily elevate their game as well. If this is the best Ottawa has, this won't be a very long series.
RxBandit66
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby farnham16 on Fri May 17, 2013 11:02 pm

TV was not good tonight at all. But I still don't think you can pull him until the Pens lose.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Getting To My Game on Fri May 17, 2013 11:02 pm

RxBandit66 wrote:All the talk from Ottawa about how much better they would be tonight, and they surrender 42 shots and their starting goaltender gets the hook. If the Pens would have connected on a few of the chances they usually bury, this game could have been 8-3.

Even if Ottawa plays better, the Pens could easily elevate their game as well. If this is the best Ottawa has, this won't be a very long series.

Ottawa's just not all that great. They scratched and clawed all year to squeak in because of great coaching and goaltending. In an 82 game schedule, the Flyers or Devils would have probably taken their spot. This is the 1st round series we were expecting happening in the 2nd round.
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby malkinshair on Fri May 17, 2013 11:05 pm

Getting To My Game wrote:
malkinshair wrote:
mariojr wrote:

QFT.

Losing steam and fast? He's given up 4 goals so far in this series, what the hell are you talking about? Also, Fleury gets criticized more quickly because he has a save percentage below .900 the past four years and is 1-3 in those series.

:face:

3 goals in this game...2 of which were 'bad', and the other was 40 seconds after Crosby's HT (momentum sucking). He was fumbling pucks right at him, and somehow lost the ability to play the puck behind the net...turning the puck over or putting his D in bad positions. He was excellent on the 2 big saves he made tonight, but he was outplayed by a 21 year old at the other end.

Again, if you were critical of MAF after 2 and 3 last series, how can you not be hard on TV tonight?
malkinshair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Getting To My Game on Fri May 17, 2013 11:06 pm

malkinshair wrote:
malkinshair wrote:
mariojr wrote:

QFT.

3 goals in this game...2 of which were 'bad', and the other was 40 seconds after Crosby's HT (momentum sucking). He was fumbling pucks right at him, and somehow lost the ability to play the puck behind the net...turning the puck over or putting his D in bad positions. He was excellent on the 2 big saves he made tonight, but he was outplayed by a 21 year old at the other end.

Again, if you were critical of MAF after 2 and 3 last series, how can you not be hard on TV tonight?

Because the Pens won and have firm control of a series that can bring them to the ECF?
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby jimreb on Fri May 17, 2013 11:07 pm

murphydump55 wrote:Maata and Harrington on TV now in the Memorial Cup. It'll be nice to watch 3 future D men in this tournament.

what channel? edit: nevermind, I see your location is Thunder Bay.
jimreb
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Eismann on Fri May 17, 2013 11:09 pm

Better tonight. Had a bit more flow.

Pens zone exit was awful. Sens have their forecheck working very well.

Sutter and Engellend should be out. Joos and Despres in.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby cma3585 on Fri May 17, 2013 11:10 pm

malkinshair wrote:
malkinshair wrote:
mariojr wrote:

QFT.

I'm with you here. I'm fine with riding Vokoun until he loses, but he looked dangerously close to blowing this numerous times tonight for the team. For every excuse of someone saying "Well he made this stop!", Fleury makes about 3-4 of them. Everyone here knows Fleury's numbers after being benched/pulled...I don't even know why it's a concern at this point. The defense played like absolute crap in games 2-4 vs the Isles and have been significantly better since. This is no coincidence, it's happened every single time Fleury's gotten shelled and the backup's followed him throughout his career. The team plays tighter defense during those occasions, as they should, and people get in this "our backups are gods" mindset that Pittsburgh sports has that they somehow are better than our starters.
cma3585
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby toledomudhen on Fri May 17, 2013 11:14 pm

Martin > Latang tonight... WAY > Letang tonight, yet the Pittsburgh media selects Kris "Norris" Letang as the #2 star... Seriously!?!?
toledomudhen

Postby mariojr on Fri May 17, 2013 11:17 pm

malkinshair wrote:
malkinshair wrote:
mariojr wrote:

QFT.

In NOT ONE of those goals did he score on himself. That alone makes him better than Fleury. And there were several huge saves, and a save % (fraction, actually) over 0.900.
mariojr
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby jimreb on Fri May 17, 2013 11:18 pm

About how much longer before the Ottawa media complains about the number of PP's the Pens got tonight.
jimreb
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Froggy on Fri May 17, 2013 11:18 pm

if there is a game 5, i want to hear "NOR-RIS TRO-PHY clap clap clapclapclap" everytime karlsson touches the puck
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins