OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby mac5155 on Sun May 19, 2013 11:59 pm

I'd go with Crosby, Neal, kunitz, iginla and letang.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 48,062
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby GDR on Mon May 20, 2013 12:00 am

farnham16 wrote:Pens need to pick 5 players for their PP and stick with them. This rotation of Neal/Iglina/Martin is screwing them up IMO.


bingo
GDR
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,119
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:48 pm

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby Daniel87 on Mon May 20, 2013 12:00 am

blackjack68 wrote:Watching Game of Thrones to cleanse my palate.

Fantastic idea. :thumb:
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,077
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:06 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby Shakes on Mon May 20, 2013 12:00 am

That was a great game. Bunch of great performances on both sides. Just on the wrong end of it this time. It happens.

The funny thing about the SHG is that the Sens would have been furious had the game ended on that penalty call (EK already was). Instead, call was the reason they tied it. The PP totally threw a wrench into the Pens solid play down the stretch (inexcusable, whether you blame the coach, the players, or both).

Sometimes hockey happens. Great tip by Alfie.

Glass half empty: the Pens should be up 3-0. Glass half full: the Pens took the Sens' best shot, their goalie was incrdible, and it still took a miracle play for the Pens to lose.

Go get Game 4, boys.
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,906
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby murphydump55 on Mon May 20, 2013 12:00 am

nocera wrote:I haven't been this confident after a loss in a long time. Pens played a hell of a game and just couldn't beat Anderson. It happens.


I fully agree.

The only way this team loses to anyone in a 7 game series is because of coaching. Bylsma will be the only one that can beat them. He almost made it happen against the Isles with his stubbornness and arrogance, and now he screws them over in this game.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,038
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: Thunder Bay

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby Crankshaft on Mon May 20, 2013 12:00 am

farnham16 wrote:Pens need to pick 5 players for their PP and stick with them. This rotation of Neal/Iglina/Martin is screwing them up IMO.


Two dmen, always. Martin stays. I hate the 4 forward set up.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,601
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:35 pm

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby The U on Mon May 20, 2013 12:00 am

AlexPKeaton wrote:Are you people so soff that you are actually worried the Pens will lose this series? Come on sons. Anderson can't steal 3 more games. That is the only hope that Ottawa has.


I think the mood is one of Frustration. .28 more seconds and Wednesday we can win the series. Now, something whacky happens on Wednesday and the series is 2-2.

What if OTT gets three lucky goals and two 5-on-3s and steals game 4? All of a sudden this silly little loss in game 3 turns into a nightmare.

People are shrugging off this loss because we just assume we'll win game 4. We dominated today and still somehow lost. Happened today, could happen again. More luck involved in hockey than any other sport. Stuff happens.
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,589
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:34 pm

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby MRandall25 on Mon May 20, 2013 12:01 am

Bylsma didn't tell Kunitz to go 4 on 1.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,001
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby farnham16 on Mon May 20, 2013 12:01 am

murphydump55 wrote:
wondermoose wrote:I actually loved that the Pens weren't pressing on the power play at the end of regulation. They were eating time and that was great. Personnel, however, is just... the biggest coaching mistake of the playoffs. Bylsma has been pretty goddamn smart about stuff so far, but if some of the powerplays the Pens had in the Isles series where they were up by 1 or 1 weren't enough, I hope this is.

Malkin and Letang simply don't have the closer's mentality. I love everything they do because it always outweighs the negatives, but the two of them are putrid with a lead.


At what point are people going to realize that Malkin and Letang are NOT smart and have low hockey IQ?

I get blasted everytime I say it and I've been saying it forever, but people are really starting to see it now. They'd defend them until the cows come home, but it's becoming more and more evident. Tons of talent, zero brains.

I've heard it all, "oh Geno, what a great play, you don't make that play without hockey IQ"....actually, most of his plays are on talent alone, Letang as well.

I've accepted it, they're super talented, but you're going to get the good with the bad because of their low smarts and lack of hockey IQ.


Malkin was the best player on the ice tonight and will be in the HOF someday. Saying he has low hockey IQ is the dumbest thing in the history of the universe.

Same with Letang. He doesn't have low hockey IQ. Letang screwed up big time on the play, but that doesn't mean he has low hockey IQ. These guys have forgotten more hockey than you will ever know.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,463
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:50 pm
Location: Trying to get to my game

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Mon May 20, 2013 12:01 am

MRandall25 wrote:A positive spin on this:

This team needed a loss like this to get their **** together. We're going to see a determined team on Wednesday.


Why do people always says this? they needed this loss?

I hate that. it's the playoffs every game counts. This team is full of veterans. They are supposed to be cup ready. bologna.

They needed the Isles losses too everyone said and played like crap in 4 of the games.

An extra game means an extra chance at anything happening.
Close when you can.

I'm not as mad at this game as others because their goalie played great and
we looked competent as a team overall.
Last edited by BurghersAndDogsSports on Mon May 20, 2013 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,117
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:42 am
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby Crankshaft on Mon May 20, 2013 12:02 am

Good thing Bylsma went back to Iginla/Malkin/Neal , btw. These lines are the best.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,601
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:35 pm

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby RxBandit66 on Mon May 20, 2013 12:02 am

nocera wrote:I haven't been this confident after a loss in a long time. Pens played a hell of a game and just couldn't beat Anderson. It happens.


Ottawa looks completely gassed to me, despite this OT win. And if Neil is injured, it will be a huge blow. I predicted Pens in 5 from the start and I'm sticking with that. The entire top 6 for the Pens was blanked tonight. Ottawa might be able to do that once, maybe even twice in a series, but the odds are against that. The offense will return in game 4, and the series will be wrapped up back in the Burgh.
RxBandit66
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,972
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:49 am
Location: Kittanning

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby Sarcastic on Mon May 20, 2013 12:02 am

Scott wrote:Bylsma instructing to sit back on the remaining PP but puts out the regular number one offensive unit. :face: :face: :face: :face:
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,283
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:49 pm

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby bhaw on Mon May 20, 2013 12:02 am

Pens did EVERYTHING right tonight except for how they handled the late PP in the 3rd. Sometimes you just lose. Don't be as dumb next time late by fielding your 4 forwards (and letting them take a long shift... Sens scored a minute in). Otherwise, if the Pens play that way every night, they win 3 out of every 4 games they play, easily.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 27,043
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby MRandall25 on Mon May 20, 2013 12:02 am

Crankshaft wrote:
farnham16 wrote:Pens need to pick 5 players for their PP and stick with them. This rotation of Neal/Iglina/Martin is screwing them up IMO.


Two dmen, always. Martin stays. I hate the 4 forward set up.


You mean you hate the 5 forward set up.


:pop:
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,001
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby Crankshaft on Mon May 20, 2013 12:03 am

MRandall25 wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:
farnham16 wrote:Pens need to pick 5 players for their PP and stick with them. This rotation of Neal/Iglina/Martin is screwing them up IMO.


Two dmen, always. Martin stays. I hate the 4 forward set up.


You mean you hate the 5 forward set up.


:pop:


Touché lol
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,601
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:35 pm

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby Lt. Dish on Mon May 20, 2013 12:03 am

MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:
joker10277 wrote:I dont care what the players or the coach say, its tough to recover from a loss like that, if they lose game 4 they're in trouble.


Like it was tough to recover from the Islanders losses?

Christ, this is the conference semis. The Sens aren't scrubs; so what if they win a game at home? We're the better team and will come out on top.

It's funny reading some of the posts in this forum. In all honesty, we've been the most spoiled fans since 07.


I picked Pens in 6, so I'm OK with the loss but not necessarily how it went down. But I've experienced worse.

I've decided the Sens emptied the tank tonight, and the media siege over the layoff will cause them to grip their sticks going forward. We win at home in Game 5 next month or whenever it is.
Last edited by Lt. Dish on Mon May 20, 2013 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,291
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: PDAS: In good hands since 2008. WIN IT FOR DUPER!

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby PghSkins on Mon May 20, 2013 12:03 am

nocera wrote:LGP guide to losing:

3 or more goals against - blame the goalie.

Anything else - coach.


QFT although there was a hint of goalie blame
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,842
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:36 pm
Location: Beaver

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby Daniel87 on Mon May 20, 2013 12:03 am

murphydump55 wrote:
nocera wrote:I haven't been this confident after a loss in a long time. Pens played a hell of a game and just couldn't beat Anderson. It happens.


I fully agree.

The only way this team loses to anyone in a 7 game series is because of coaching. Bylsma will be the only one that can beat them. He almost made it happen against the Isles with his stubbornness and arrogance, and now he screws them over in this game.

Bylsma should be instructing his team to use the murphy dump more often.
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,077
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:06 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby murphydump55 on Mon May 20, 2013 12:04 am

farnham16 wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:
wondermoose wrote:I actually loved that the Pens weren't pressing on the power play at the end of regulation. They were eating time and that was great. Personnel, however, is just... the biggest coaching mistake of the playoffs. Bylsma has been pretty goddamn smart about stuff so far, but if some of the powerplays the Pens had in the Isles series where they were up by 1 or 1 weren't enough, I hope this is.

Malkin and Letang simply don't have the closer's mentality. I love everything they do because it always outweighs the negatives, but the two of them are putrid with a lead.


At what point are people going to realize that Malkin and Letang are NOT smart and have low hockey IQ?

I get blasted everytime I say it and I've been saying it forever, but people are really starting to see it now. They'd defend them until the cows come home, but it's becoming more and more evident. Tons of talent, zero brains.

I've heard it all, "oh Geno, what a great play, you don't make that play without hockey IQ"....actually, most of his plays are on talent alone, Letang as well.

I've accepted it, they're super talented, but you're going to get the good with the bad because of their low smarts and lack of hockey IQ.


Malkin was the best player on the ice tonight and will be in the HOF someday. Saying he has low hockey IQ is the dumbest thing in the history of the universe.

Same with Letang. He doesn't have low hockey IQ. Letang screwed up big time on the play, but that doesn't mean he has low hockey IQ. These guys have forgotten more hockey than you will ever know.



We'll agree to disagree. These guys are not smart hockey players. Talented yes...smart? No.

Geno looked really smart puck focused on the tying goal. The hockey analysts are constantly calling him out for his horrible defensive play, piss poor turnovers, etc...people are all seeing it.

Tons of talent, but lacks brains. Him, Letang, and Fleury all share a brain. The 3 of them are just clueless headcases at times.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,038
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: Thunder Bay

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Mon May 20, 2013 12:04 am

Murphy, can you just put Geno+Tang=lowIQ in your location so you can refrain from putting it in EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR POSTS. Holy crap it's like you copy and paste it from your previous posts just so you can continuously point it out every chance you get. We get it. You think Malkin isn't a smart hockey player. We think you aren't a smart poster.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,386
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:31 pm

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby Sarcastic on Mon May 20, 2013 12:04 am

Daniel87 wrote:
blackjack68 wrote:Watching Game of Thrones to cleanse my palate.

Fantastic idea. :thumb:


I'm playing bass and watching a Natascha McElhone look-alike camgirl. Beer. I'm totally calm and quiet happy. :P
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,283
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:49 pm

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby pens2005 on Mon May 20, 2013 12:06 am

Crankshaft wrote:Good thing Bylsma went back to Iginla/Malkin/Neal , btw. These lines are the best.


Yea really producing some big numbers!
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,396
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:54 pm

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby Chefpatrick871 on Mon May 20, 2013 12:06 am

Bioshock wrote:Can't win em all. Pens played well. Ottawa played insane.

To be perfectly blunt, Ottawa had to play with everything they had to eek out a win at home. Literally had to play perfect. And the Pens were still 30 seconds away from winning the game.

Pens in 5. Ottawa simply can't do this more than a game or two.

You silly optimist. You're either supposed to be mad or talking trash on the ones who are mad. :) I said pens in 5 and that's what it's gonna be. There had to be a loss in there, just could have done with a less gut wrenching loss.
Last edited by Chefpatrick871 on Mon May 20, 2013 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,416
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:56 pm
Location: Eating muffins with Derpy

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby farnham16 on Mon May 20, 2013 12:07 am

murphydump55 wrote:
farnham16 wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:
wondermoose wrote:I actually loved that the Pens weren't pressing on the power play at the end of regulation. They were eating time and that was great. Personnel, however, is just... the biggest coaching mistake of the playoffs. Bylsma has been pretty goddamn smart about stuff so far, but if some of the powerplays the Pens had in the Isles series where they were up by 1 or 1 weren't enough, I hope this is.

Malkin and Letang simply don't have the closer's mentality. I love everything they do because it always outweighs the negatives, but the two of them are putrid with a lead.


At what point are people going to realize that Malkin and Letang are NOT smart and have low hockey IQ?

I get blasted everytime I say it and I've been saying it forever, but people are really starting to see it now. They'd defend them until the cows come home, but it's becoming more and more evident. Tons of talent, zero brains.

I've heard it all, "oh Geno, what a great play, you don't make that play without hockey IQ"....actually, most of his plays are on talent alone, Letang as well.

I've accepted it, they're super talented, but you're going to get the good with the bad because of their low smarts and lack of hockey IQ.


Malkin was the best player on the ice tonight and will be in the HOF someday. Saying he has low hockey IQ is the dumbest thing in the history of the universe.

Same with Letang. He doesn't have low hockey IQ. Letang screwed up big time on the play, but that doesn't mean he has low hockey IQ. These guys have forgotten more hockey than you will ever know.



We'll agree to disagree. These guys are not smart hockey players. Talented yes...smart? No.

Geno looked really smart puck focused on the tying goal. The hockey analysts are constantly calling him out for his horrible defensive play, piss poor turnovers, etc...people are all seeing it.

Tons of talent, but lacks brains. Him, Letang, and Fleury all share a brain. The 3 of them are just clueless headcases at times.


Looks, you are a hater. I get that. You hate on everything. But you simply do not know anything about what you are saying.

You do NOT get to the level of Malkin and Letang on talent alone. I don't care how much they have. Malkin has reached the pinnacle of the sport. That doesn't happen if he's dumb. Your arguments simply don't make any sense at all. There is a reason no one agrees with anything you say. Oh, except these, "hockey experts" you keep talking about.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,463
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:50 pm
Location: Trying to get to my game

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: litz2010, Pitts and 14 guests


e-mail