OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby bhaw on Mon May 20, 2013 12:09 am

Malkin had one of his best games of the playoffs, sans the points. He dominated the puck and the offensive end. You can blame him for the tying goal, but you can also blame the coach who put his goal hungry player out in the final minute of a 1-0 game in a situation where he is looking to score instead of playing a position he isn't meant to play and expecting him to cover the way a true defenseman does.

Should Malkin have played the man better? Yes.

Is it foreseeable that he would mess up in that situation? Absolutely.

That was the only major mistake of the game. It just happened to cost us.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 26,795
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby RxBandit66 on Mon May 20, 2013 12:10 am

I viewed the Ottawa goal late in the third a little differently than most posters on here.

You've got a lead with less than a minute left, you're on the power play. The minute an opposing player got even close to the Penguins goal, a defender should have tackled him to the ice and taken the 2 minute minor penalty. If Martin or Letang would have just tackled Alfie, then it's a 4 on 4 with 28 seconds left. 5 on 4 if you count the extra attacker.

But it would have still been 1-0 Pens on the scoreboard.
RxBandit66
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,593
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:49 am
Location: Kittanning

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Mon May 20, 2013 12:10 am

Hey guys, how long have the Senators had the lead in this series for?

Exactly 0:00. Zero seconds. As far as I'm concerned, Anderson should get the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd stars tonight because he was pretty incredible.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,102
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:31 pm

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby Scott on Mon May 20, 2013 12:11 am

Crankshaft wrote:Good thing Bylsma went back to Iginla/Malkin/Neal , btw. These lines are the best.


They sure are.

That is the resulting line #2 but its because he keeps forcing the Kunitz Dupuis Crosby. That line was good in the regular season but it has slowed way down....the bigger problem is the sum of the first two lines is less because you are making the second liine so much weaker by keeping the first line together. Iginla will thrive at RW and even more so playing with Crosby. Put him there please. Neal is a good RW player. Put him there please.

Malkin Kunitz Neal
Crosby Iginla Dupuis

Stick with those for more than one shift and see what happens. no those aren't in order, just the groupings should be that way for a few games and see the results.
Scott
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,897
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:11 am
Location: The Quick Stop roof playing hockey

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby farnham16 on Mon May 20, 2013 12:11 am

bhaw wrote:Malkin had one of his best games of the playoffs, sans the points. He dominated the puck and the offensive end. You can blame him for the tying goal, but you can also blame the coach who put his goal hungry player out in the final minute of a 1-0 game in a situation where he is looking to score instead of playing a position he isn't meant to play and expecting him to cover the way a true defenseman does.

Should Malkin have played the man better? Yes.

Is it foreseeable that he would mess up in that situation? Absolutely.

That was the only major mistake of the game. It just happened to cost us.



Letang gets far more blame from me on that play than Geno does. Letang drifted to the right side where Martin already was and left the center of the ice wide open. Can't do that.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,248
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:50 pm
Location: Trying to get to my game

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby RxBandit66 on Mon May 20, 2013 12:11 am

DontToewsMeBro wrote:Hey guys, how long have the Senators had the lead in this series for?

Exactly 0:00. Zero seconds. As far as I'm concerned, Anderson should get the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd stars tonight because he was pretty incredible.


Anderson was great, but he had the help of a few goalposts. This series may very well end with Ottawa never leading in the series. The whole team looks gassed to me, and now Neil may be injured.
RxBandit66
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,593
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:49 am
Location: Kittanning

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby Crankshaft on Mon May 20, 2013 12:12 am

bhaw wrote:Malkin had one of his best games of the playoffs, sans the points. He dominated the puck and the offensive end. You can blame him for the tying goal, but you can also blame the coach who put his goal hungry player out in the final minute of a 1-0 game in a situation where he is looking to score instead of playing a position he isn't meant to play and expecting him to cover the way a true defenseman does.

Should Malkin have played the man better? Yes.

Is it foreseeable that he would mess up in that situation? Absolutely.

That was the only major mistake of the game. It just happened to cost us.


If only he had a higher hockey IQ.
Crankshaft
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,330
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:35 pm

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby murphydump55 on Mon May 20, 2013 12:13 am

farnham16 wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:
farnham16 wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:
wondermoose wrote:I actually loved that the Pens weren't pressing on the power play at the end of regulation. They were eating time and that was great. Personnel, however, is just... the biggest coaching mistake of the playoffs. Bylsma has been pretty goddamn smart about stuff so far, but if some of the powerplays the Pens had in the Isles series where they were up by 1 or 1 weren't enough, I hope this is.

Malkin and Letang simply don't have the closer's mentality. I love everything they do because it always outweighs the negatives, but the two of them are putrid with a lead.


At what point are people going to realize that Malkin and Letang are NOT smart and have low hockey IQ?

I get blasted everytime I say it and I've been saying it forever, but people are really starting to see it now. They'd defend them until the cows come home, but it's becoming more and more evident. Tons of talent, zero brains.

I've heard it all, "oh Geno, what a great play, you don't make that play without hockey IQ"....actually, most of his plays are on talent alone, Letang as well.

I've accepted it, they're super talented, but you're going to get the good with the bad because of their low smarts and lack of hockey IQ.


Malkin was the best player on the ice tonight and will be in the HOF someday. Saying he has low hockey IQ is the dumbest thing in the history of the universe.

Same with Letang. He doesn't have low hockey IQ. Letang screwed up big time on the play, but that doesn't mean he has low hockey IQ. These guys have forgotten more hockey than you will ever know.



We'll agree to disagree. These guys are not smart hockey players. Talented yes...smart? No.

Geno looked really smart puck focused on the tying goal. The hockey analysts are constantly calling him out for his horrible defensive play, piss poor turnovers, etc...people are all seeing it.

Tons of talent, but lacks brains. Him, Letang, and Fleury all share a brain. The 3 of them are just clueless headcases at times.


Looks, you are a hater. I get that. You hate on everything. But you simply do not know anything about what you are saying.

You do NOT get to the level of Malkin and Letang on talent alone. I don't care how much they have. Malkin has reached the pinnacle of the sport. That doesn't happen if he's dumb. Your arguments simply don't make any sense at all. There is a reason no one agrees with anything you say. Oh, except these, "hockey experts" you keep talking about.


When the CBC analysts who are pretty well respected are pointing out Malkin's play throughout the playoffs, there's a reason for it. I agree he played well tonight, but his clueless play took over when the Sens scored to tie it.

Okay, maybe his has hockey IQ, it's just not high. Both him and Letang. People need to quit defending them and realize it.

It's funny, as I'm typing this, a Canadian University hockey coach texts me saying that Malkin is clueless in the defensive zone. Dynamic offensively and lost in the defensive zone. He's pretty unbiased too.

A lot of people are seeing it, it's not just me. You can continue to ignore it and defend him, I don't care, I stand by what I've always said.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,906
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: Thunder Bay

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby bhaw on Mon May 20, 2013 12:14 am

Kunitz - Dupuis - Crosby has slowed way down? I think Ottawa and NYI might have a slightly different definition of that phrase than you right now.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 26,795
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby murphydump55 on Mon May 20, 2013 12:15 am

Crankshaft wrote:
bhaw wrote:Malkin had one of his best games of the playoffs, sans the points. He dominated the puck and the offensive end. You can blame him for the tying goal, but you can also blame the coach who put his goal hungry player out in the final minute of a 1-0 game in a situation where he is looking to score instead of playing a position he isn't meant to play and expecting him to cover the way a true defenseman does.

Should Malkin have played the man better? Yes.

Is it foreseeable that he would mess up in that situation? Absolutely.

That was the only major mistake of the game. It just happened to cost us.


If only he had a higher hockey IQ.


Who doesn't have their head on a swivel in that position at that point of the game?

Why are you puck focused when you have the most dangerous player coming down on you from the off-wing?

Head on a swivel is taught at a very young age.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,906
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: Thunder Bay

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby MRandall25 on Mon May 20, 2013 12:15 am

RxBandit66 wrote:
DontToewsMeBro wrote:Hey guys, how long have the Senators had the lead in this series for?

Exactly 0:00. Zero seconds. As far as I'm concerned, Anderson should get the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd stars tonight because he was pretty incredible.


Anderson was great, but he had the help of a few goalposts. This series may very well end with Ottawa never leading in the series. The whole team looks gassed to me, and now Neil may be injured.


Neil was our best player :slug:

Seriously, if an actual hockey player got the chances he had with the empty nets, we would've lost at least 2 or 3 to 1 in regulation. Losing Neil probably helps them more than it hurts them.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,609
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby pens2005 on Mon May 20, 2013 12:15 am

DontToewsMeBro wrote:Hey guys, how long have the Senators had the lead in this series for?

Exactly 0:00. Zero seconds. As far as I'm concerned, Anderson should get the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd stars tonight because he was pretty incredible.


Yet that have more than a better chance of tying the series at 2 on Wednesday. Who cares?
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,052
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:54 pm

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby farnham16 on Mon May 20, 2013 12:16 am

Wow Canadian hockey people bashed a Russian. That sure is new isn't it?

And I don't care what your sources are and they probably aren't even real. Malkin was a beast all over the ice tonight. That includes the defensive end. If you don't think he was, you simply hate him and nothing he does will ever be good enough for you.

And no player in the NHL has low hockey IQ. Not one.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,248
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:50 pm
Location: Trying to get to my game

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby Steve on Mon May 20, 2013 12:16 am

CBC was praising Malkin throughout this game, they did correctly point out however, that he "fell asleep", or something like that, on the tying goal.
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,593
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:56 am
Location: Maryland

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby murphydump55 on Mon May 20, 2013 12:18 am

farnham16 wrote:Wow Canadian hockey people bashed a Russian. That sure is new isn't it?

And I don't care what your sources are and they probably aren't even real. Malkin was a beast all over the ice tonight. That includes the defensive end. If you don't think he was, you simply hate him and nothing he does will ever be good enough for you.

And no player in the NHL has low hockey IQ. Not one.


Yeah it's because they're Canadian, THATS WHY. Wow.

Malkin was great tonight, who denied that? I said his clueless play took over when the Sens score to tie it. I never once said he was horrible tonight. Not sure where you're getting that from.

The guy is a talent, he just lacks hockey smarts. Him and Kris Norris Letang.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,906
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: Thunder Bay

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby RxBandit66 on Mon May 20, 2013 12:18 am

Malkin is a player who is expected to score, and he takes risks, so you expect him to turn the puck over at times. That's going to happen. Letang is just a poor decision maker, especially on the power play. It's frustrating considering how much playoff experience he has.

Part of the "hockey IQ" is a player's vision on the ice. Letang obviously has great vision and tremendous skill. But he lacks the ability to consistently read the play and anticipate. So while I won't say he's not a smart hockey player, I will say that this area of his game has needed improvement for years and has not improved much.
RxBandit66
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,593
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:49 am
Location: Kittanning

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby murphydump55 on Mon May 20, 2013 12:19 am

Steve wrote:CBC was praising Malkin throughout this game, they did correctly point out however, that he "fell asleep", or something like that, on the tying goal.


Yup, then they praised him for really stepping up in OT trying to fix his mistake from the third.

But how could they EVER praise him? They're Canadian silly! They would NEVER do that.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,906
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: Thunder Bay

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby bhaw on Mon May 20, 2013 12:20 am

murphydump55 wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:
bhaw wrote:Malkin had one of his best games of the playoffs, sans the points. He dominated the puck and the offensive end. You can blame him for the tying goal, but you can also blame the coach who put his goal hungry player out in the final minute of a 1-0 game in a situation where he is looking to score instead of playing a position he isn't meant to play and expecting him to cover the way a true defenseman does.

Should Malkin have played the man better? Yes.

Is it foreseeable that he would mess up in that situation? Absolutely.

That was the only major mistake of the game. It just happened to cost us.


If only he had a higher hockey IQ.


Who doesn't have their head on a swivel in that position at that point of the game?

Why are you puck focused when you have the most dangerous player coming down on you from the off-wing?

Head on a swivel is taught at a very young age.


All the super smart Canadians lost track of Cooke and TK too. It happens. I can pick out any moment in time and make a pro look like a chump. The Candian media, while smart, is also ridiculously biased. I lived there for a year. I still watch CBC. It's easy to see that they play to their audience, like JR and Milbury do. I was up there when the Pens won the Cup and Geno won the Conn Smythe, and the Canadian media didn't give Malkin the time of day. So please go on and tell me how fair they are. I have personal experience to refute all the stuff you are spewing.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 26,795
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby murphydump55 on Mon May 20, 2013 12:20 am

RxBandit66 wrote:Malkin is a player who is expected to score, and he takes risks, so you expect him to turn the puck over at times. That's going to happen. Letang is just a poor decision maker, especially on the power play. It's frustrating considering how much playoff experience he has.

Part of the "hockey IQ" is a player's vision on the ice. Letang obviously has great vision and tremendous skill. But he lacks the ability to consistently read the play and anticipate. So while I won't say he's not a smart hockey player, I will say that this area of his game has needed improvement for years and has not improved much.


Thank you, exactly my point.

Malkin doesn't lack like Letang does, but his IQ certainly isn't close to his skill level.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,906
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: Thunder Bay

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby murphydump55 on Mon May 20, 2013 12:21 am

bhaw wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:
bhaw wrote:Malkin had one of his best games of the playoffs, sans the points. He dominated the puck and the offensive end. You can blame him for the tying goal, but you can also blame the coach who put his goal hungry player out in the final minute of a 1-0 game in a situation where he is looking to score instead of playing a position he isn't meant to play and expecting him to cover the way a true defenseman does.

Should Malkin have played the man better? Yes.

Is it foreseeable that he would mess up in that situation? Absolutely.

That was the only major mistake of the game. It just happened to cost us.


If only he had a higher hockey IQ.


Who doesn't have their head on a swivel in that position at that point of the game?

Why are you puck focused when you have the most dangerous player coming down on you from the off-wing?

Head on a swivel is taught at a very young age.


All the super smart Canadians lost track of Cooke and TK too. It happens. I can pick out any moment in time and make a pro look like a chump. The Candian media, while smart, is also ridiculously biased. I lived there for a year. I still watch CBC. It's easy to see that they play to their audience, like JR and Milbury do. I was up there when the Pens won the Cup and Geno won the Conn Smythe, and the Canadian media didn't give Malkin the time of day. So please go on and tell me how fair they are. I have personal experience to refute all the stuff you are spewing.


So the fact that they were praising Malkin all game for his great play, aside from the gaff late in the third was all hogwash?

The fact that they were highlighting his plays in OT, and how he was stepping up and really trying to win it was all a mirage?

Okay.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,906
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: Thunder Bay

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Mon May 20, 2013 12:22 am

pens2005 wrote:
DontToewsMeBro wrote:Hey guys, how long have the Senators had the lead in this series for?

Exactly 0:00. Zero seconds. As far as I'm concerned, Anderson should get the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd stars tonight because he was pretty incredible.


Yet that have more than a better chance of tying the series at 2 on Wednesday. Who cares?


Because you're looking at this like I expect a regular fan to--emotionally. Yes, we chased Anderson early in the series. Guess what? He comes out and has a monster game. His SV% converges to the norm. Statistically, it was plain to see that there was a possibility of Anderson 'stealing' a game and making 49 saves out of 50. Some of us even thought it would happen once (or maybe even twice). But we have still dominated the series. It might take us 5 games. It might even take us 6 games. But I believe 95% of the time, the better team wins the series in a best of 7 tournament. I'll take those odds if I'm a Penguins fan. There is suppose to be adversity, this is the playoffs. We will be better for it.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,102
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:31 pm

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby farnham16 on Mon May 20, 2013 12:22 am

murphydump55 wrote:
farnham16 wrote:Wow Canadian hockey people bashed a Russian. That sure is new isn't it?

And I don't care what your sources are and they probably aren't even real. Malkin was a beast all over the ice tonight. That includes the defensive end. If you don't think he was, you simply hate him and nothing he does will ever be good enough for you.

And no player in the NHL has low hockey IQ. Not one.


Yeah it's because they're Canadian, THATS WHY. Wow.

Malkin was great tonight, who denied that? I said his clueless play took over when the Sens score to tie it. I never once said he was horrible tonight. Not sure where you're getting that from.

The guy is a talent, he just lacks hockey smarts. Him and Kris Norris Letang.


Canadian hockey people blast Euros all the time. Some make a living off of it.

And once again, if you think any player in the NHL has low hockey IQ, let alone players like Malkin and Letang, then you simply do not know anything about hockey and what it takes to get to that level.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,248
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:50 pm
Location: Trying to get to my game

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby bhaw on Mon May 20, 2013 12:22 am

murphydump55 wrote:
farnham16 wrote:Wow Canadian hockey people bashed a Russian. That sure is new isn't it?

And I don't care what your sources are and they probably aren't even real. Malkin was a beast all over the ice tonight. That includes the defensive end. If you don't think he was, you simply hate him and nothing he does will ever be good enough for you.

And no player in the NHL has low hockey IQ. Not one.


Yeah it's because they're Canadian, THATS WHY. Wow.

Malkin was great tonight, who denied that? I said his clueless play took over when the Sens score to tie it. I never once said he was horrible tonight. Not sure where you're getting that from.

The guy is a talent, he just lacks hockey smarts. Him and Kris Norris Letang.


So when he's great, there is no Hockey IQ? It just happens? This is a super dumb argument that even the novice posters can see through. Unless you are claiming that he just dominates on true talent but all his mistakes are due to lack of hockey IQ. In which case, you are trying to drum up a stupid argument, which clearly appears to be the case. Come back with something useful to talk about instead of regurgitating Don Cherry type arguments about Malkin's play.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 26,795
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby bhaw on Mon May 20, 2013 12:23 am

murphydump55 wrote:
bhaw wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:
bhaw wrote:Malkin had one of his best games of the playoffs, sans the points. He dominated the puck and the offensive end. You can blame him for the tying goal, but you can also blame the coach who put his goal hungry player out in the final minute of a 1-0 game in a situation where he is looking to score instead of playing a position he isn't meant to play and expecting him to cover the way a true defenseman does.

Should Malkin have played the man better? Yes.

Is it foreseeable that he would mess up in that situation? Absolutely.

That was the only major mistake of the game. It just happened to cost us.


If only he had a higher hockey IQ.


Who doesn't have their head on a swivel in that position at that point of the game?

Why are you puck focused when you have the most dangerous player coming down on you from the off-wing?

Head on a swivel is taught at a very young age.


All the super smart Canadians lost track of Cooke and TK too. It happens. I can pick out any moment in time and make a pro look like a chump. The Candian media, while smart, is also ridiculously biased. I lived there for a year. I still watch CBC. It's easy to see that they play to their audience, like JR and Milbury do. I was up there when the Pens won the Cup and Geno won the Conn Smythe, and the Canadian media didn't give Malkin the time of day. So please go on and tell me how fair they are. I have personal experience to refute all the stuff you are spewing.


So the fact that they were praising Malkin all game for his great play, aside from the gaff late in the third was all hogwash?

The fact that they were highlighting his plays in OT, and how he was stepping up and really trying to win it was all a mirage?

Okay.


WTF is your argument then? One play shows he's a dullard? You're an idiot.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 26,795
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Re: OFFIGIAL GDT 5/19/13: EASTERN SEMI GAME 3: PENS @ SENS

Postby Scott on Mon May 20, 2013 12:25 am

bhaw wrote:Kunitz - Dupuis - Crosby has slowed way down? I think Ottawa and NYI might have a slightly different definition of that phrase than you right now.


Figure of speech, not meaning slow of foot. How many goals did they have tonight? How many incredible scoring chances did they have tonight? Zero and zero. It wouldn't be a bad combo but Bylsma has some other talented players on the bench that he could at any moment have shaken those lines up for more than 1/2 of a shift.

How many points did Neal Malkin Iginla line have?

How many incredible chances did that line have? You remove Neal's two back to back one timers from the faceoff, (which were from Sutter taking the faceoff)......and Malkin's deke move...but Sutter was actually the first change on that shift so he was there waiting to put the puck in but he couldn't. A common theme for Sutter....who has zero...nothing...offensive prowess.

How did those top two lines do? How many nice chances did that top line have tonight? Again, zero and zero
Scott
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,897
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:11 am
Location: The Quick Stop roof playing hockey

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DudeMan2766, Hugo Stiglitz, rgj and 43 guests

e-mail