Byslma??? What the heck were you thinking??

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Byslma??? What the heck were you thinking??

Postby SolidSnake on Tue May 21, 2013 1:32 pm

As long as DB is around, Adams will never go anywhere. I can see Granato or Reirden moving elsewhere next year and Adams retiring and becoming an AC to replace one of them
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,014
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:41 pm
Location: Waldo Geraldo Faldo

Re: Byslma??? What the heck were you thinking??

Postby columbia on Tue May 21, 2013 1:34 pm

SolidSnake wrote:As long as DB is around, Adams will never go anywhere. I can see Granato or Reirden moving elsewhere next year and Adams retiring and becoming an AC to replace one of them


My guess is that he would be pretty good at the job.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 45,236
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am

Re: Byslma??? What the heck were you thinking??

Postby SolidSnake on Tue May 21, 2013 1:36 pm

columbia wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:As long as DB is around, Adams will never go anywhere. I can see Granato or Reirden moving elsewhere next year and Adams retiring and becoming an AC to replace one of them


My guess is that he would be pretty good at the job.

I'd be content to sit back and watch the Pens struggle
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,014
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:41 pm
Location: Waldo Geraldo Faldo

Re: Byslma??? What the heck were you thinking??

Postby Pitt87 on Tue May 21, 2013 1:37 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
Pitt87 wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:
Letang is a Norris candidate and Martin has been steady all year.


let's be honest. That nomination has nothing to do with defensive play.


Nothing? Can you name one Norris winner that didn't play top minutes for his team?


Did you accidentally delete part of your post? How did you get from the nomination having nothing to do with defensive play to asking about minutes played?


Nope, its a serious question... If it had NOTHING to do with defense, Mike Green would be a runaway just about every year, but he's a defensive liability and it absolutely limits his TOI. Every winner plays tough minutes against the other guys' best players. Find one that doesn't, and I think you could make the above argument.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,177
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:33 am
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Re: Byslma??? What the heck were you thinking??

Postby MRandall25 on Tue May 21, 2013 1:40 pm

Mike Green also hasn't played more than 50 games since the 09-10 campaign, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make there.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,525
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Byslma??? What the heck were you thinking??

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue May 21, 2013 1:44 pm

Uh...Mike Green has led his team in TOI/game every year since 07-08...with the exception of last year, when he was injured and played about 40% of the season. He's also a 2 time norris finalist.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 50,955
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Byslma??? What the heck were you thinking??

Postby Lt. Dish on Tue May 21, 2013 1:55 pm

TrueNorth wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:person i was watching the game with said the same thing.



I had 15 new gray hairs by the time of that PP.


It’s games like these that leave me wondering whether I’m cut out to be a fan. I keep asking myself if I’m having fun yet. It sure doesn’t feel like fun. Now, if I could be as emotionally contained as Mr. Lemieux maybe it would be more enjoyable, although for all his calm exterior I have to wonder what was going on inside. The shots of the Senator’s GM, Bryan Murray, provided an interesting contrast with Lemieux’s cool-as-a-cucumber demeanor. While I hate the comparison, I must confess, Murray’s behaviour was more akin to mine: one step removed from totally losing it.


LOL! I often feel the same way. Where's my text from Mario when I fear that all might be lost?! :lol:

Well, fan is derived from fanatic.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,446
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: Following Geno on Instagram

Re: Byslma??? What the heck were you thinking??

Postby America on Tue May 21, 2013 2:04 pm

SolidSnake wrote:
columbia wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:As long as DB is around, Adams will never go anywhere. I can see Granato or Reirden moving elsewhere next year and Adams retiring and becoming an AC to replace one of them


My guess is that he would be pretty good at the job.

I'd be content to sit back and watch the Pens struggle

Where did you go to college at?
America
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 652
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:56 pm

Re: Byslma??? What the heck were you thinking??

Postby Pitt87 on Tue May 21, 2013 2:28 pm

MRandall25 wrote:Mike Green also hasn't played more than 50 games since the 09-10 campaign, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make there.


Per game?

Point is... if it were purely offensive, winners would be obvious every year. Mike Green hasn't won, and its pretty obvious why he hasn't.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,177
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:33 am
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Re: Byslma??? What the heck were you thinking??

Postby MRandall25 on Tue May 21, 2013 2:32 pm

Pitt87 wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:Mike Green also hasn't played more than 50 games since the 09-10 campaign, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make there.


Per game?

Point is... if it were purely offensive, winners would be obvious every year. Mike Green hasn't won, and its pretty obvious why he hasn't.


Because he hasn't played more than 50 games since 09-10. Stats don't matter when you can barely even play half a season.

Name me 1 award that has been given to people who don't play half their team's games (besides the Masterton).

He'd be a nominee almost every year if he were healthy. Games played most definitely affects which players are nominated.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,525
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Byslma??? What the heck were you thinking??

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue May 21, 2013 2:57 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:Uh...Mike Green has led his team in TOI/game every year since 07-08...with the exception of last year, when he was injured and played about 40% of the season. He's also a 2 time norris finalist.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 50,955
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Byslma??? What the heck were you thinking??

Postby lemieuxReturns on Tue May 21, 2013 2:57 pm

Pitt87 wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:Mike Green also hasn't played more than 50 games since the 09-10 campaign, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make there.


Per game?

Point is... if it were purely offensive, winners would be obvious every year. Mike Green hasn't won, and its pretty obvious why he hasn't.


So your point is Mike Green has been *nominated* for but not won the Norris because his defensive game lacks.
and...
your point is that Letang obviously has a good defensive game or else he would not have been *nominated* for the Norris?

Seems like you are saying two different things to me.
lemieuxReturns
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,106
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:00 pm

Re: Byslma??? What the heck were you thinking??

Postby Pitt87 on Tue May 21, 2013 3:13 pm

lemieuxReturns wrote:
Pitt87 wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:Mike Green also hasn't played more than 50 games since the 09-10 campaign, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make there.


Per game?

Point is... if it were purely offensive, winners would be obvious every year. Mike Green hasn't won, and its pretty obvious why he hasn't.


So your point is Mike Green has been *nominated* for but not won the Norris because his defensive game lacks.
and...
your point is that Letang obviously has a good defensive game or else he would not have been *nominated* for the Norris?

Seems like you are saying two different things to me.


I'm saying below average defenders do not win the Norris. I didn't mention nominees... Someone else did. But its absurd to suggest that you can win this award without being a good defender.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,177
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:33 am
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Re: Byslma??? What the heck were you thinking??

Postby no name on Tue May 21, 2013 3:30 pm

MRandall25 wrote:pcm:

Image


Is Mario playing poker, He is doing the international hand signal for "I'll hold!!!
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,905
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:19 pm

Re: Byslma??? What the heck were you thinking??

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue May 21, 2013 3:33 pm

I'd guess he was checking.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 50,955
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Byslma??? What the heck were you thinking??

Postby no name on Tue May 21, 2013 3:34 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:I'd guess he was checking.



Or is that the signal for "hit me" ??? With Marios poker face i can't tell.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,905
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:19 pm

Re: Byslma??? What the heck were you thinking??

Postby lemieuxReturns on Tue May 21, 2013 3:34 pm

Pitt87 wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:
Pitt87 wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:Mike Green also hasn't played more than 50 games since the 09-10 campaign, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make there.


Per game?

Point is... if it were purely offensive, winners would be obvious every year. Mike Green hasn't won, and its pretty obvious why he hasn't.


So your point is Mike Green has been *nominated* for but not won the Norris because his defensive game lacks.
and...
your point is that Letang obviously has a good defensive game or else he would not have been *nominated* for the Norris?

Seems like you are saying two different things to me.


I'm saying below average defenders do not win the Norris. I didn't mention nominees... Someone else did. But its absurd to suggest that you can win this award without being a good defender.


You are the only one speaking about *winning* the Norris. The statement you had a problem with was :
let's be honest. That nomination has nothing to do with defensive play.


You yourself actually bring up the point that Mike Green lacks a good defensive game yet he has been *nominated* twice. Which is what my point was when i said the quoted above statement.
lemieuxReturns
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,106
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:00 pm

Re: Byslma??? What the heck were you thinking??

Postby MRandall25 on Tue May 21, 2013 3:34 pm

Or he's playing blackjack and saying "hit me" enthusiastically.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,525
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Byslma??? What the heck were you thinking??

Postby Froggy on Tue May 21, 2013 4:30 pm

Mike Green was up against lidstrom. That's why he didn't win.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,472
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: Byslma??? What the heck were you thinking??

Postby Shakes on Tue May 21, 2013 4:32 pm

As far as poker goes, it actually looks like the slap-table-after-a-decent-pot gesture.
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,893
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: Byslma??? What the heck were you thinking??

Postby Pens Fans Sweden on Tue May 21, 2013 4:59 pm

Still mad about this loss. Is it that hard to defend a 1-0 lead while on the power play with less than a couple of minutes left in the third period? No! You play it safe, but you don't back off! You protect the puck and you keep the Senators in their own zone... I really hope the Penguins kills the Senators tomorrow, not sure my heart would survive a 2-2 series that really should be 4-0!
Pens Fans Sweden
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:49 pm

Re: Byslma??? What the heck were you thinking??

Postby Rylan on Tue May 21, 2013 5:01 pm

Shakes wrote:As far as poker goes, it actually looks like the slap-table-after-a-decent-pot gesture.


Add a cigar and a pair of shades and he is ready to be a professional poker player.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,001
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Byslma??? What the heck were you thinking??

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed May 22, 2013 8:22 am

Pens Fans Sweden wrote:Still mad about this loss. Is it that hard to defend a 1-0 lead while on the power play with less than a couple of minutes left in the third period? No! You play it safe, but you don't back off! You protect the puck and you keep the Senators in their own zone... I really hope the Penguins kills the Senators tomorrow, not sure my heart would survive a 2-2 series that really should be 4-0!


If they had backed off, they'd have probably had Alfredsson tied up and he wouldn't have been able to score. :pop: I wish Martin would have backed off.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 50,955
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Byslma??? What the heck were you thinking??

Postby IMFC on Wed May 22, 2013 9:33 am

Froggy wrote:Mike Green was up against lidstrom. That's why he didn't win.

Thank the gods.
IMFC
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 12:42 pm

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

e-mail