2013 Eastern Conference Finals Pens v Bruins Thread

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: 2013 Eastern Conference Finals Pens v Bruins Thread

Postby columbia on Wed May 29, 2013 8:00 am

I'm going camping at the beach on Saturday the 8th and getting back around dinner time on Sunday.
I won't miss a bit of action. :fist:
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby pens2005 on Wed May 29, 2013 8:05 am

So we wait for 8 days and have a potential game 6 and game 7 back to back.

Great job scheduling!
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby penny lane on Wed May 29, 2013 8:12 am

Loathe the 8pm start! At this point of the season, nothing is for the world's greatest sports fans.

If needed, let's have them play back 2 back; for a chance at the finals :face: :thumbdown:
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby columbia on Wed May 29, 2013 8:13 am

I like the 8 pm starts. It gives me plenty of time to have dinner and get focused for the games. :thumb:
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby skullman80 on Wed May 29, 2013 8:20 am

Yeah I don't mind the 8PM starts at all. I know it's all about TV and "primetime", but I still don't mind it.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pens2005 on Wed May 29, 2013 8:23 am

columbia wrote:I like the 8 pm starts. It gives me plenty of time to have dinner and get focused for the games. :thumb:

And then get to bed at midnight so as not to get any sleep for work the next day.

Sucks in my opinion.
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby skullman80 on Wed May 29, 2013 8:28 am

pens2005 wrote:
columbia wrote:I like the 8 pm starts. It gives me plenty of time to have dinner and get focused for the games. :thumb:

And then get to bed at midnight so as not to get any sleep for work the next day.

Sucks in my opinion.

Psh. In bed by 12, up at 6... 6 hours of sleep is plenty lol.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed May 29, 2013 8:59 am

Why would people not be going to bed until 12? i'll be asleep before 11:30 and get up at 6:30...pretty much the norm.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Wed May 29, 2013 9:06 am

When exactly did you all want the series to start? The earliest possible day would have been Friday and even then that would mean the WCF start on Saturday giving Chicago/Detroit only 2 days off before starting their next series (I think the usual is at least 3). There is nothing wrong with 8 days off. That's what we get for finishing off a team early.

As for the 8pm start, I like it. I can pause the DVR, put the boy down for the night, and be caught up live before the 1st period is over.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby PAPLine on Wed May 29, 2013 9:11 am

skullman80 wrote:Yeah I don't mind the 8PM starts at all. I know it's all about TV and "primetime", but I still don't mind it.

I don't mind the 8:00 starts until the morning after when I have to get up at 6:00 to go to work. Was at the Montreal treble ovetime game a few years ago, didn't really wake up til noon the next day.
PAPLine
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Jopaz on Wed May 29, 2013 9:13 am

It's good to see that the afternoon games have been dropped. TV ratings have to be better in the evenings, and the players like the routine better with a morning skate, etc.
Jopaz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby MrBrightside on Wed May 29, 2013 9:20 am

PensFanInDC wrote:When exactly did you all want the series to start? The earliest possible day would have been Friday and even then that would mean the WCF start on Saturday giving Chicago/Detroit only 2 days off before starting their next series (I think the usual is at least 3). There is nothing wrong with 8 days off. That's what we get for finishing off a team early.

As for the 8pm start, I like it. I can pause the DVR, put the boy down for the night, and be caught up live before the 1st period is over.

Why was Friday the earliest possible day? Did Thursday die?
MrBrightside
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Gaucho on Wed May 29, 2013 9:21 am

MrBrightside wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:When exactly did you all want the series to start? The earliest possible day would have been Friday and even then that would mean the WCF start on Saturday giving Chicago/Detroit only 2 days off before starting their next series (I think the usual is at least 3). There is nothing wrong with 8 days off. That's what we get for finishing off a team early.

Sunday died, iirc.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Wed May 29, 2013 9:25 am

MrBrightside wrote:

If the ECF started Thursday than either the ECF would be 2 games ahead of the WCF or both would end up having games on the same day.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby thebear on Wed May 29, 2013 11:09 am

Vegas odds are 2-1 for Pens win!.
thebear

Postby penny lane on Wed May 29, 2013 12:12 pm

Everybody but Chris Kunitz at practice. B Morrow is filling his line up spot.

Boston may or may not be splitting top D pairing to be compete against 1A-1AB lines.
dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG 23m

Word from Boston is that defense pair of Chara-Seidenberg was split during practice. Now Chara-Boychuk, Bartkowski-Seidenberg, Krug-McQuaid
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Wed May 29, 2013 12:14 pm

penny lane wrote:Everybody but Chris Kunitz at practice. B Morrow is filling his line up spot.

Boston may or may not be splitting top D pairing to be compete against 1A-1AB lines.
dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG 23m

Word from Boston is that defense pair of Chara-Seidenberg was split during practice. Now Chara-Boychuk, Bartkowski-Seidenberg, Krug-McQuaid

I feel like Chara/Seidenberg will be matched up against Crosby and Bergeron line against Malkin
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby pcm on Wed May 29, 2013 12:15 pm

It's too bad someone's name isn't Krug McQuaid.
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Wed May 29, 2013 12:27 pm

PensFanInDC wrote:
MrBrightside wrote:

If the ECF started Thursday than either the ECF would be 2 games ahead of the WCF or both would end up having games on the same day.

That is already happening. If Chicago wins, they play LA at 5 PM ET on Saturday (which is ridiculous) while the Penguins play at 8...not to mention the WCF series would play games 1 and 2 back-to-back.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby MRandall25 on Wed May 29, 2013 12:30 pm

DontToewsMeBro wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:
MrBrightside wrote:

That is already happening. If Chicago wins, they play LA at 5 PM ET on Saturday (which is ridiculous) while the Penguins play at 8...not to mention the WCF series would play games 1 and 2 back-to-back.

The West playing earlier than the East. WTG NHL...
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MarioLives on Wed May 29, 2013 12:31 pm

So instead of complaining over a half hour difference, does anyone have any opinion of what is the biggest threat to the Pens in this series? It has got to be the powerplay of the Pens versus the penalty kill of the Bruins right? The Pens relied on the powerplay a lot so far and I know the Bruins have a solid penalty kill. I think even strength scoring will be tough to come by.
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed May 29, 2013 12:33 pm

it all comes down to whether Vokoun starts or FLeury starts. The difference between sweeping and being swept.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby MarioLives on Wed May 29, 2013 12:33 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:it all comes down to whether Vokoun starts or FLeury starts. The difference between sweeping and being swept.

for real?
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Wed May 29, 2013 12:36 pm

MarioLives wrote:So instead of complaining over a half hour difference, does anyone have any opinion of what is the biggest threat to the Pens in this series? It has got to be the powerplay of the Pens versus the penalty kill of the Bruins right? The Pens relied on the powerplay a lot so far and I know the Bruins have a solid penalty kill. I think even strength scoring will be tough to come by.

The Bruins special teams has been really mediocre so far, I think--I don't think they could have played a worse team to prepare for us than the Rangers, honestly.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby RxBandit66 on Wed May 29, 2013 12:39 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:it all comes down to whether Vokoun starts or FLeury starts. The difference between sweeping and being swept.

Well maybe that's a little extreme, but I do think Vokoun's puckhandling ability and his ability to deal with traffic in front will make life more difficult for the Bruins. Rask is nothing special, and if he and Vokoun play equally in this series, the Pens will win it in five. Boston is very good, but they lack sharpshooters.
RxBandit66
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins