Jarome Iginla Appreciation Thread.

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Jarome Iginla Appreciation Thread.

Postby Godric on Fri May 24, 2013 10:57 pm

Malkin got hooked by Zach Smith. Smith then engages and agitates Malkin and pushing ensues. Iginla steps in and pushes Smith in the face and the scrum is over right there. No calls or anything. Smith was done.

Last year Hartnell or Rinaldo would do that crap to Crosby or Malkin and they would go at it, the refs, team, crowd would go nuts, Crosby would be off his game, Malkin would take a dumb penalty

Go win a cup for that guy.
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Re: Jarome Iginla Appreciation Thread.

Postby AlexPKeaton on Fri May 24, 2013 11:00 pm

He hasn't been the impact player that I was hoping for, but he is definitely bringing the leadership which after last year, the Pens desperately needed.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby pens2005 on Fri May 24, 2013 11:16 pm

AlexPKeaton wrote:He hasn't been the impact player that I was hoping for, but he is definitely bringing the leadership which after last year, the Pens desperately needed.

Yet he's still in the top 5 in scoring.

Guy is a true professional.
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pcm on Fri May 24, 2013 11:24 pm

Gotta say though, Morrow has been more valuable to this team than Iginla. And that's playing from the 3rd and 4th line, with very little PP time.

I'd say he deserves to be playing in the top 6 more than Iggy, but the truth is, he can be effective in a bottom 6 role also, which is questionable for Iginla.
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Godric on Fri May 24, 2013 11:25 pm

pcm wrote:Gotta say though, Morrow has been more valuable to this team than Iginla. And that's playing from the 3rd and 4th line, with very little PP time.

I'd say he deserves to be playing in the top 6 more than Iggy, but the truth is, he can be effective in a bottom 6 role also, which is questionable for Iginla.

no offense but I'm so glad you are not the coach
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby RJW76 on Fri May 24, 2013 11:34 pm

Godric wrote:
pcm wrote:Gotta say though, Morrow has been more valuable to this team than Iginla. And that's playing from the 3rd and 4th line, with very little PP time.

no offense but I'm so glad you are not the coach

tidbits
RJW76
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Shakes on Sat May 25, 2013 6:23 am

AlexPKeaton wrote:He hasn't been the impact player that I was hoping for, but he is definitely bringing the leadership which after last year, the Pens desperately needed.

This is it for me. I'm more than happy with him. Love his calm and professional demeanor at all times.

With Neal and Malkin getting their groove back, he's shown he can keep up on that line. See his tap-in on the rush and his rush alongside Neal on the hat trick goal, among others.

And yes, I liked how he immediately had a word with Smith after that d-baggery.
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Defence21 on Sat May 25, 2013 8:03 am

Those saying Iginla hasn't been an impact player should watch more closely. He might not be overly visible on the ice, but he is making a huge impact on the scoresheet. In my opinion, that's the sign of a great player: when you can quietly put up multi-point games and go relatively unnoticed. Beyond the points, he's playing a solid brand of physical hockey and visibly has a calm demeanor that surely rubs off on his two hyperactive linemates.

Now that I think of it, I wonder if that played into Bylsma's decision to keep this trio together despite having two right wingers. The more comfortable these three become, the better Neal is getting, and that's huge!
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Gaucho on Sat May 25, 2013 8:10 am

Iggy Iggy Iggy
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Penspal on Sat May 25, 2013 10:37 am

Iggy is doing the little things that count. With Malkin's injury, he has the hardest shot on the team (Neal's better wrister and snapper, but not slapper). Iggy's been really good on the PPlay which has won the Pens games. Its a team game, he's a team guy.
Penspal
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby penny lane on Sat May 25, 2013 11:40 am

Godric wrote:Malkin got hooked by Zach Smith. Smith then engages and agitates Malkin and pushing ensues. Iginla steps in and pushes Smith in the face and the scrum is over right there. No calls or anything. Smith was done.

Last year Hartnell or Rinaldo would do that crap to Crosby or Malkin and they would go at it, the refs, team, crowd would go nuts, Crosby would be off his game, Malkin would take a dumb penalty

Go win a cup for that guy.

You are 100% right! I wish I could have Jarome for when the pens next meet up with the fly-boys.
For May 2013, he'll have something extra going IF the bruins move on.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Gaucho on Sat May 25, 2013 11:48 am

We should play an all-captain line on some shifts just for kicks.

Morrow - Crosby - Iginla

The U Mad, Bro? Line - do it, DB!

Spoiler:
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby headh on Tue May 28, 2013 2:19 pm

This team was lacking true tough guys who could score and provide leadership. They got two in IGGY and Morrow.

Sid and Geno are tough but in a different kind of way.
headh
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby NashvilleCat on Tue May 28, 2013 7:05 pm

Gaucho wrote:Iggy Iggy Iggy

Oi Oi Oi!
NashvilleCat
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins