Playoff layover SUCKS - 3/3 D prospects to WBS

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Playoff layover SUCKS - 2/3 D prospects to WBS

Postby sil on Fri May 31, 2013 8:23 am

Factorial wrote:Trade Neal to free up some cap space.

How 'bout just the "erovsky"?
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby MRandall25 on Fri May 31, 2013 11:10 am

Headshot77 wrote:
RxBandit66 wrote:As for Dupuis, I think he'll take three years at a small discount and a chance to win 3 more Cups as opposed to a bigger contract somewhere else to go play with a crappy center.

There is no way Dupuis takes a discount. No way at all.

I think he means "a discount at what he could be making on the open market"
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Headshot77 on Fri May 31, 2013 11:43 am

MRandall25 wrote:
Headshot77 wrote:
RxBandit66 wrote:As for Dupuis, I think he'll take three years at a small discount and a chance to win 3 more Cups as opposed to a bigger contract somewhere else to go play with a crappy center.

Which is still easily two million more than he currently makes.
Headshot77
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri May 31, 2013 11:46 am

Headshot77 wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
Headshot77 wrote:

...yes?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Fri May 31, 2013 11:51 am

Headshot77 wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
Headshot77 wrote:

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with you.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JoseCuervo on Fri May 31, 2013 11:54 am

Dupuis took less than market-value for his last contract
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby RPKJr429 on Fri May 31, 2013 12:14 pm

This could be Dupuis last chance to cash in with longer term and $$$ though. He has to weigh that option with the fact that, though he is very versatile and is peaking late, its possible that he wont achieve the same level of 1st line success with any other team.
RPKJr429
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Henry Hank on Fri May 31, 2013 12:19 pm

I'm sure Dupuis would take less than market value to stay in Pittsburgh but this probably is going to be another Malone/Scuderi situation. He's done some real impressive things the last few seasons, his even strength goal totals have been elite. He plays in all situations. He's on an extended playoff run and is currently tied for the league lead in goals. He's been able to put up strong production even without Crosby. He'll probably be getting some pretty big offers especially if the Pens win the Cup. I'd imagine it would be hard for him to turn that down as this is his one chance to cash out big.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Beveridge on Fri May 31, 2013 12:25 pm

I'd be happy if Pens get him at 3 mil or less. Is he worth more? Absolutely. If he wants more, I hope he gets it somewhere else and best of luck to him.

I think they get this done and he comes back regardless how these next 4-14 games play out.

The only snag I can see is that Shero doesn't usually like to go more than 2-3 years unless they are part of the "core". Would Shero go against that and offer him a 3rd or even 4th year. I do think that Dupuis would do what Scuderi (I think it was him) did and if he does reach free agency, he comes back to the Pens at the end and says, here's my best offer, can you match it.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Fri May 31, 2013 12:32 pm

I would be extremely hesitant to sign Dupuis at anything over ~3.5 (if only because of his age). Once his wheels start going the dude is toast, even if he does work his butt off every shift. He might have Selanne genes but I doubt it.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby pcm on Fri May 31, 2013 12:47 pm

If I were Shero, I'd offer him 3 years at $3m per. And if he wants to cash in on the open market, then wish him the best. I could see him with Mon or Edm or Col.

We've got Bennett ready to move into the top 6, and he plays best as a RW. So signing Dupuis for that position is maybe not the best allocation of resources anyways. But he's Dupuis; I'd have him on my team for $3m or less anyday.
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Playoff layover SUCKS - 3/3 D prospects to WBS

Postby Wyopen on Fri May 31, 2013 4:46 pm

Do any of you think Letang would bolt for Montreal considering he's from there and his gf and son live there?
Wyopen
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby meecrofilm on Fri May 31, 2013 10:23 pm

Well, Harrington scored a PP goal tonight. Maatta started it off by carrying it in coast to coast and getting it on net. So that's nice at least. They still lost.

So much for me not thinking they wouldn't play much. Heck, being down 3-1 in the series, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if Pouliot played next game in hopes of helping out the PP.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby WhoDaresWins on Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:54 pm

Wyopen wrote:Do any of you think Letang would bolt for Montreal considering he's from there and his gf and son live there?

Nope. He did an interview once where he said he doesn't like anything about their team. And while his girlfriend is from there, she and the baby live here with him. That or all the pictures I've seen of him pushing a stroller at the mall aren't real. He's openly talked about how great it is to get home (after practices and/or games) to his family.

He was on with Madden and said he wants to stay here. Yeah yeah...what else would he say, right? But remembering back to Staal, he always said, "we'll have to see...." Tanger said he wants to be here, on a team with Sid and Geno that has a chance to win every year.
WhoDaresWins
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins