6/1/13 Bruins v. Penguins- Official Game Thread

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: 6/1/13 Bruins v. Penguins- Official Game Thread

Postby pens2005 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:15 pm

columbia wrote:I didn't see them losing focus; its a little early for hyterics.

Yeah I don't get that either
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby MarioLives on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:15 pm

Waited a week for that? Hope they regroup and win Monday.....
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Inkio on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:16 pm

pens2005 wrote:
71Aj66ax87 wrote:
pugilist13 wrote:Once again this team gets overly frustrated and loses focus. It's a one goal game at the end of the 2nd, with a powerplay to start the 3rd. Now the nonsense starts. I thought they finally learned after last years disgrace against the Cryers.

Why were Crosby and Chara jawing at the end of the 2nd period?

Because Sid elbowed Rask.

Because Rask taunted Crosby.
Inkio
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby pens2005 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:16 pm

murphydump55 wrote:I liked the chances we created and the puck possession we had for the most part. We hit what, 4 posts?

The only thing I'm worried about is Bylsma's insistence to not get matchups. You are at home, get Crosby and Malkin away from Bergeron or Chara and out against Krug as much as possible.

Instead he puts Crosby against Bergeron all night and does nothing to keep either away from Chara.

I shudder to think of how often they'll see Chara once the Bruins get last change.

Chara is one man. Sidney and Geno are two. We have to win that matchup battle.
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pens2005 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:18 pm

Inkio wrote:
pens2005 wrote:
71Aj66ax87 wrote:
pugilist13 wrote:Once again this team gets overly frustrated and loses focus. It's a one goal game at the end of the 2nd, with a powerplay to start the 3rd. Now the nonsense starts. I thought they finally learned after last years disgrace against the Cryers.

If you say so. Looked like Sid just elbowed him. No need for that regardless of what Rask may have said to be honest.
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby murphydump55 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:19 pm

pens2005 wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:I liked the chances we created and the puck possession we had for the most part. We hit what, 4 posts?

The only thing I'm worried about is Bylsma's insistence to not get matchups. You are at home, get Crosby and Malkin away from Bergeron or Chara and out against Krug as much as possible.

Instead he puts Crosby against Bergeron all night and does nothing to keep either away from Chara.

I shudder to think of how often they'll see Chara once the Bruins get last change.

Chara is one man. Sidney and Geno are two. We have to win that matchup battle.

Except Bylsma has no interest in that. Therrien was the same way, he had no interest in matchups. Julien is all about matchups. Not a good combo, it only makes winning that much harder.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby GDR on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:19 pm

who cares if Rask "taunted" Crosby or whatever? You know how to get back at him? Score on the power play that they had going into the 3rd period. Not what happened, losing Malkin for five minutes and Crosby playing like ship all night.
GDR
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Liverlips on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:19 pm

Poor outdoor camera crew. Waited all night to capture the goal lighting display.
Liverlips
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Scott on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:20 pm

You do realize that how much ice time Chara is logging in these playoffs. If Bylsma would follow your idea then Crosby and Malkin might see about ten mins of ice time. Chara is out there a lot more than he isn't. They are going to have to fight through those battles.
Scott
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Steve on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:22 pm

pens2005 wrote:
Inkio wrote:
pens2005 wrote:
71Aj66ax87 wrote:

If you say so. Looked like Sid just elbowed him. No need for that regardless of what Rask may have said to be honest.

CBC clearly showed the replay and Rask skated by and was jawing at Sid. I doubt he was asking him about good restaurants in the area. But really Sid just needs to skate away there, they were only down by one with a PP to start the third...
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby sniper on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:25 pm

Byslma doesn't need to worry about matchups and he doesn't need to change goalies. The Pens just need to play their game and not turn the puck over. If they do that, Boston's entire offense is dump the puck in win the battle along the wall pass the puck to the point, shoot and hope for a bounce. That's really all they got. Their Power play looks like crap. The Pens out hit them badly. They looked slow. The Pens out chanced them especially in the first two periods.

Boston got the bounces today and Rask played well. It happens. Pens come out and play the right way they beat Boston rather easily. There is a large difference in talent and speed between these two teams.
sniper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby marek on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:25 pm

Cooke got ejected for finishing a check. 2 mins max if that's anyone else. Chris Neil doesn't even get called for boarding there. But it's Cooke.

Mcquaid embellished the hit more than Marchand ever could... And the best part was Lurch Chara skating over to him telling him to stay down after he was clearly fine and skating back to the bench.

Cooke would get a penalty for helping an old lady cross the street.

Bruins are ****. Pens in 5.
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby pugilist13 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:25 pm

pens2005 wrote:

I dont know. When you are down by one goal at the end of 2 and have a powerplay to start the 3rd it really doesn't make much sense for your stars to engage in that kind of stupidity. To me thats a loss of focus.
pugilist13
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby The U on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:26 pm

I think the 8 day layoff took some of the emotion out for me. I feel like I should be mad we lost, but I'm not. I was never excited, nervous, or upset all game...which is bizarre.
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby mariojr on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:26 pm

Malkin fighting with Bergeron was a stupid move. Besides the question of what if he breaks his hand, we could have used him on the PP to start the 3rd. Score there, and it's a different game.
mariojr
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby 71Aj66ax87 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:28 pm

mariojr wrote:Malkin fighting with Bergeron was a stupid move. Besides the question of what if he breaks his hand, we could have used him on the PP to start the 3rd. Score there, and it's a different game.

Well,it's all in hindsight now.Onto Monday.
71Aj66ax87
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby penscup on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:32 pm

mariojr wrote:
DontToewsMeBro wrote:
mariojr wrote:
I wouldn't agree that Vokoun played well. If he has a bad game on Monday and they lose, I'd consider Fleury.

Do you know how many odd man rushes the Penguins gave up tonight?

How about how many goals they scored? They could have had 2 goaltenders. They would have lost. You need to score to win the game. /John Madden

I didn't actually see the first two periods (had outdoor plans, no TV). After seeing the highlights, I am changing my opinion. He did play a solid game. Also, we hit three posts and had a puck squirt through the crease. I'm feeling better about our chances after seeing that.

Bandwagon Pens fan exhibit A right here folks --- "I didn't watch two thirds of the game but I feel its okay to come along and bash Vokoun for playing horrible tonight. But I did watch the highlights and I also stayed in Holiday Inn last night so I think I know what I'm talking about!"
penscup
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby offsides on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:36 pm

pens2005 wrote:

If they didn't lose their focus, they better at least refocus and play better Monday. I thought they played real well in the first and parts of the second, but mailed it in, in the third. Shots were basically even and that should never happen with this team. You just have to be a little concerned about this loss. Home game with everyone rested and healthy and the team averaging over 4 goals per game gets blanked. Not sure I will be able to sleep Sunday night, what a huge game Monday has become.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby MRandall25 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:37 pm

2 really bad bounces for goals. Game was much closer than the score indicates.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby blackjack68 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:38 pm

MRandall25 wrote:2 really bad bounces for goals. Game was much closer than the score indicates.

Yep. Too many cliff (bridge) jumpers in here to see that though.
blackjack68
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby pens2005 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:38 pm

The fans who post feedback on tsn are really disturbing. Crazy to think there are people out there like that.
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pens2005 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:41 pm

mariojr wrote:Malkin fighting with Bergeron was a stupid move. Besides the question of what if he breaks his hand, we could have used him on the PP to start the 3rd. Score there, and it's a different game.

No it wasn't. I had no problem with that. Malkin was a machine tonight. Doing everything but score.
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:41 pm

offsides wrote:
pens2005 wrote:

If they didn't lose their focus, they better at least refocus and play better Monday. I thought they played real well in the first and parts of the second, but mailed it in, in the third. Shots were basically even and that should never happen with this team. You just have to be a little concerned about this loss. Home game with everyone rested and healthy and the team averaging over 4 goals per game gets blanked. Not sure I will be able to sleep Sunday night, what a huge game Monday has become.

Shots even with the Bruins?? I'll take that every single day. Our shooting percentage is like 11%--theirs is maybe 8%. That is a pretty wide margin, the difference between making a goalie look good and the same goalie being pulled.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby murphydump55 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:42 pm

Scott wrote:

You do realize that how much ice time Chara is logging in these playoffs. If Bylsma would follow your idea then Crosby and Malkin might see about ten mins of ice time. Chara is out there a lot more than he isn't. They are going to have to fight through those battles.

I also do realize that Byslma is doing nothing to exploit any matchup advantages.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby MRandall25 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:43 pm

He got their best PK'er off the ice. I'll take that tradeoff all day (even though we didn't score). We have plenty of guys who can score.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins