Will we see any lineup changes for Monday night?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Will we see any lineup changes for Monday night?

Postby alancac98 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:44 am

I'd like to see Vitale back in ( we could definitely use his face-offs and speed), Depres on D and possibly Bennett, but that would mean sitting a couple others. What say you?
alancac98

Re: Will we see any lineup changes for Monday night?

Postby mariojr on Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:40 pm

We should definitely see these changes.

First, gotta put Fleury back in. He's the No. 1 Goalie. He's been out too long. The Vokoun experiment should never have lasted longer than the end of the first series. No matter how well Vokoun played, he's only the backup.

Second, gotta pull Malkin, because, as we all know, he's a turnover machine. Plus, he had no points last night and only 1 in his last four games. What, he had lots of chances last night? And he was leading the playoffs in scoring before that stretch? Chances don't count, and it's a "what have you done for me lately?" game.

Third, I would definitely replace Crosby. It's clear the Bruins are under his skin, just like the Flyers were last year. But he's the best player in the world, you say? All the more reason. If the best player in the world gets rattled, the whole team is off of their game.

We have Joe Vitale waiting on the bench, and now that WBS is out of their playoffs, I'm sure there's a guy there who can be called up. That gives you ample replacement for those two locker-room cancers, Crosby and Malkin.

Spoiler:
:pop:
mariojr
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Getting To My Game on Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:43 pm

mariojr wrote:First, gotta put Fleury back in. He's the No. 1 Goalie. He's been out too long. The Vokoun experiment should never have lasted longer than the end of the first series. No matter how well Vokoun played, he's only the backup.

And from the mountain, Moses declared that Fleury shall be the number 1 goalie for the Pittsburgh Penguins, and all of those who oppose will be smited with all of the hockey God's wrath.

My only change, Vitale in for Crosby.

Edit: Didn't read the spoiler. :fist:
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Henry Hank on Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:45 pm

I'd stay the course right now.

To me they've got two aces up their sleeve. One is going back to Fleury, which will give the team a spark and contrary to popular opinion I think he will come back focused and on his game. The other is re-inserting Vitale, who helped give the team a boost last time. I think they make these moves when/if they're actually in trouble. They aren't in trouble after losing a game one in which they had the better of the play for the majority of the game.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby no name on Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:46 pm

honestly I don't think we need any changes, we played very good last night. I few lucky bounces lead to goals for the Bruins. One rebound stuck on a guys stick, made the first save shot goes straight up lands right in front of a guy and the other hit a defence man. Also 3 hit posts a few shots a inch inside the post and its a whole different game. These types of games happen, it was a game of breaks, all the breaks went the Bruins way. We play the same way we should win.
Last edited by no name on Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Gaucho on Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:51 pm

No changes.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:02 pm

Gaucho wrote:No changes.

I'm going for Mario in his prime, Coffey to make sure we can move the puck up ice. Barrasso in goal (He's been out long enough that he should be rested by now)

And my coup de' gras, Ulfie, just to get under the Bruins skin.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby wondermoose on Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:02 pm

Jokinen was the lone bright spot in the faceoff dot last night, but I might consider replacing him with Vitale anyway for the extra hits. Pretty psyched that the role players are playing well enough that Bylsma can make decisions based on what the team needs rather than on performance.
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Kovy27 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:39 pm

Pens hit 4-5 posts and Rask made some really good saves. Stay the course. If you lose game 2, then this board can panic.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby mariojr on Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:56 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:
Gaucho wrote:No changes.

I'm going for Mario in his prime, Coffey to make sure we can move the puck up ice. Barrasso in goal (He's been out long enough that he should be rested by now)

And my coup de' gras, Ulfie, just to get under the Bruins skin.

mariojr
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby MRandall25 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:05 pm

Despres? Really?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby slappybrown on Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:15 pm

wondermoose wrote:Jokinen was the lone bright spot in the faceoff dot last night, but I might consider replacing him with Vitale anyway for the extra hits. Pretty psyched that the role players are playing well enough that Bylsma can make decisions based on what the team needs rather than on performance.

Don't have it in front of me, but don't Vitale's faceoff numbers approach JJ's?
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pitt87 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:19 pm

Kovy27 wrote:Pens hit 4-5 posts and Rask made some really good saves. Stay the course. If you lose game 2, then this board can panic.

This is where I am... I don't see how the B's can feel good about their performance. HCCJ, I would be very concerned about what I saw in my own zone last night. We disrupted their flow and had them chasing us all night long. They forechecked us like crazy, which is their strength. We broke their FC 2-3 in the first 30 minutes of Game 1. We do that again and actually SCORE this time in G2, they will be adjusting away from strength. Right where you want them.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby dman66 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:22 pm

Yeah, I'm good with no changes going into tomorrow. They had chances. They hit posts and fanned on a number of shots. It will hopefully be different tomorrow. Other than the Krejci line, the Bruins had zero offensive pressure.
dman66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby BigMcK on Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:05 pm

HCDB is scratched for failing to tell his players that they were playing in a real game, not post.
BigMcK
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby NashvilleCat on Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:13 pm

Pitt87 wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:Pens hit 4-5 posts and Rask made some really good saves. Stay the course. If you lose game 2, then this board can panic.

This is where I am... I don't see how the B's can feel good about their performance. HCCJ, I would be very concerned about what I saw in my own zone last night. We disrupted their flow and had them chasing us all night long. They forechecked us like crazy, which is their strength. We broke their FC 2-3 in the first 30 minutes of Game 1. We do that again and actually SCORE this time in G2, they will be adjusting away from strength. Right where you want them.

HCCJ only shows concern when the post-game buffet is not properly stocked. If that's the best the B's have then we win this in 6.
NashvilleCat
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Old Time Hockey on Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:14 pm

No changes at all. We dominated them in Game 1. Hit like 5 or 6 posts and had so many scoring chances compared to them. If anything, Engelland needs to go in. I do not want to see Despres or Bennett at all this series. Vitale on the other hand I wouldnt mind.
Old Time Hockey
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby DelPen on Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:37 pm

Vitale is a bit grittier than Jokinen so that might make sense, Iginla needs to be on the top PP on the point. That's about it besides Crosby playing better.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby MarioLives on Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:46 pm

Pitt87 wrote:

They shut out the highest scoring team in the playoffs, on the road. I am sure they feel pretty good. I mean I am more of the positive guy on this board, but come on.... This was a tough loss and the bruins did what they wanted to do.... Win
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Eismann on Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:58 pm

Hope motivated energetic Iginla subs in for Tourist Iginla.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Bioshock on Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:01 pm

No changes outside of bringing Vitale in.

Pens played fine.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Sarcastic on Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:01 pm

We didn't score in the game so whatever any changes may bring, it won't matter if our top guns can't hit the net. I would therefore stay the course and focus instead on better execution or maybe an improved gameplan. If Dan wants to insert 1 forward or 1 D, I'm OK with it but that isn't going to fix what happened in game one. Vokoun was very good and none of the goals were his fault, so I would for sure stick with him in game 2. How foolish would we look if we went with Fleury, lost the game on one of those silly goals, and had to go to Boston down 0-2.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Bioshock on Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:03 pm

mariojr wrote:We should definitely see these changes.

First, gotta put Fleury back in. He's the No. 1 Goalie. He's been out too long. The Vokoun experiment should never have lasted longer than the end of the first series. No matter how well Vokoun played, he's only the backup.

Second, gotta pull Malkin, because, as we all know, he's a turnover machine. Plus, he had no points last night and only 1 in his last four games. What, he had lots of chances last night? And he was leading the playoffs in scoring before that stretch? Chances don't count, and it's a "what have you done for me lately?" game.

Third, I would definitely replace Crosby. It's clear the Bruins are under his skin, just like the Flyers were last year. But he's the best player in the world, you say? All the more reason. If the best player in the world gets rattled, the whole team is off of their game.

We have Joe Vitale waiting on the bench, and now that WBS is out of their playoffs, I'm sure there's a guy there who can be called up. That gives you ample replacement for those two locker-room cancers, Crosby and Malkin.

Spoiler:

Jesus, you like encompassed every stupid call on the fan and The X Morning Show.

Bravo good sir. Now, i'm gonna go take an aspirin and dread the radio come Monday...
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Old Time Hockey on Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:09 pm

Pens should not even have made it past the 1st round this year, but thanks to Nabokov they did. Game 1 against the Bruins was one of the best games they have played, so what does that tell you. Rask was lucky/great in that first game. Very confident going into game 2
Old Time Hockey
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pitt87 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:11 pm

MarioLives wrote:
Pitt87 wrote:

They shut out the highest scoring team in the playoffs, on the road. I am sure they feel pretty good. I mean I am more of the positive guy on this board, but come on.... This was a tough loss and the bruins did what they wanted to do.... Win

Watch the highlights; our frustration opened the door, not their play. Rask did as much as the post on his stick side to win the game. I don't see us having that much trouble in multiple games in the same series.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins