Sid and Geno should defer to Iginla and Morrow

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Sid and Geno should defer to Iginla and Morrow

Postby headh on Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:33 am

They acted like children that first game. This team needs an adult to lead them during this series. This team needs Sid and Geno to be themselves. Instead of concentrating on what they are good at they took penalties and picked fights. They did this same crap against the Flyers. Just play
headh
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: Sid and Geno should defer to Iginla and Morrow

Postby ron_duguays_hair on Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:08 am

That whole "unraveled" thing is so overplayed.

Geno's fight and Sid's aren't why we lost that game.
ron_duguays_hair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Gaucho on Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:10 am

More Flyers comparisons? You people need to stop listening to Milbury.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kovy27 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:14 am

Yes. Pens should strip the C and A off them and give the to Iggy and Morrow. They also should trade mid-series for new active sticks and leadership.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby headh on Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:25 am

Kovy27 wrote:Yes. Pens should strip the C and A off them and give the to Iggy and Morrow.

Sid and Geno, as leaders, should recognize how immature they are and simply ask for help. They can't handle it when teams get physical with them. They cry and smack people with their stick. They act like little kids who didn't get their way.

At least Geno stops short of crying to the media about the officiating. Sid just keeps going on and on about it. Sometimes I get the bias against him. Just play. Your the best player in the world.....right? Just play
headh
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Big Easy Pens Fan on Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:32 am

headh wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:Yes. Pens should strip the C and A off them and give the to Iggy and Morrow.

Sid and Geno, as leaders, should recognize how immature they are and simply ask for help. They can't handle it when teams get physical with them. They cry and smack people with their stick. They act like little kids who didn't get their way.

At least Geno stops short of crying to the media about the officiating. Sid just keeps going on and on about it. Sometimes I get the bias against him. Just play. Your the best player in the world.....right? Just play

I second the motion here.

BEPF
Big Easy Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby penny lane on Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:44 am

headh wrote:They acted like children that first game. This team needs an adult to lead them during this series. This team needs Sid and Geno to be themselves. Instead of concentrating on what they are good at they took penalties and picked fights. They did this same crap against the Flyers. Just play

Some fans mirror the players.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby llipgh2 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:50 am

penny lane wrote:
headh wrote:They acted like children that first game. This team needs an adult to lead them during this series. This team needs Sid and Geno to be themselves. Instead of concentrating on what they are good at they took penalties and picked fights. They did this same crap against the Flyers. Just play

Some fans mirror the players.

Boom.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Pitt87 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:56 am

Those guys have to go get engaged... Sid and Geno can't direct them to stick up for teammates. I would like to see Morrow pound on Brad Marchand's beak a little tonight. He's gotta answer the bell....
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby Desiato on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:04 am

I'm not sure how Sid and Geno would defer to Iginla and Morrow in a way we'd be able to recognize from where we sit; so maybe they already have to the greatest degree possible.

If Morrow is to have more of an impact on-ice, he needs to play more, and I'm in favor of that.
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby RxBandit66 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:09 am

Sid and Geno just need to shut up and play hockey, and the rest will take care of itself. All this whining to the refs and entitlement stuff didn't work well for the Pens in 1993-1997. Just play smart and grind these guys down. The Bruins are drones who play a boring system, aside from Chara and a few others, they're just interchangeable parts on an assembly line.

Boston's goaltending is nothing special, and aside from Chara, their defense is not as good as it's cracked up to be. Stay calm, wait for your opportunities, and eventually Rask will let in a bad goal or Krug will make a rookie mistake. If the friggin leafs had this Boston team on the brink, they're not that good.
RxBandit66
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby headh on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:23 am

RxBandit66 wrote:Sid and Geno just need to shut up and play hockey, and the rest will take care of itself. All this whining to the refs and entitlement stuff didn't work well for the Pens in 1993-1997. Just play smart and grind these guys down. The Bruins are drones who play a boring system, aside from Chara and a few others, they're just interchangeable parts on an assembly line.

Boston's goaltending is nothing special, and aside from Chara, their defense is not as good as it's cracked up to be. Stay calm, wait for your opportunities, and eventually Rask will let in a bad goal or Krug will make a rookie mistake. If the friggin leafs had this Boston team on the brink, they're not that good.

They aren't that good. It's ridiculous that 87 and 71 lower themselves to the Bruin's level.
headh
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby RxBandit66 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:27 am

headh wrote:
RxBandit66 wrote:Sid and Geno just need to shut up and play hockey, and the rest will take care of itself. All this whining to the refs and entitlement stuff didn't work well for the Pens in 1993-1997. Just play smart and grind these guys down. The Bruins are drones who play a boring system, aside from Chara and a few others, they're just interchangeable parts on an assembly line.

They aren't that good. It's ridiculous that 87 and 71 lower themselves to the Bruin's level.

Sid's frustration was more with the officiating, or at least it appeared that way to me. Geno does let little things get to him, and it's frustrating. The Bruins have to play the way they did Monday because it's the only chance they have of winning the series. It worked for the Islanders in 1993 and the Flyers last year, but most of the time this approach fails. I'm thinking we see an entirely different Sidney Crosby tonight.
RxBandit66
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby CERV96 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:32 am

People seem to forget these guys are still 25ish. It's gonna happen. Look at Towes, it's just gonna happen.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby headh on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:34 am

RxBandit66 wrote:
headh wrote:

Sid's frustration was more with the officiating, or at least it appeared that way to me. Geno does let little things get to him, and it's frustrating. The Bruins have to play the way they did Monday because it's the only chance they have of winning the series. It worked for the Islanders in 1993 and the Flyers last year, but most of the time this approach fails. I'm thinking we see an entirely different Sidney Crosby tonight.

We agree. The officials are part of the game and poor officiating is the norm in the NHL. Sid can't let an entire run at the cup slip through his fingers because NHL officiating blows. That's just the reality of this sport and this league. Deal with it already and play.
headh
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Crankshaft on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:42 am

Is this thread serious?
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pfim on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:46 am

Malkin and Crosby are the leaders of this team, for better or worse. Certainly, Malkin can't take 5 minute majors and Crosby needs to play better, but neither of those things has anything to do with Morrow and Iginla. Especially Iginla, who should worry about his own play and nothing more.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ron_duguays_hair on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:47 am

If we would have came back in the third and won the game their would be a thread about how Geno should be the captain over Sid because he's more of a leader on the ice.
ron_duguays_hair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pitts on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:48 am

Seriously, it was 2 minutes at the end of the 2nd period. Fan overreaction much? I have no problem with what went on.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shmenguin on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:53 am

this is a weird thread, but unfortunately, i can see a scenario where we get frustrated again tonight and completely lose our minds.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ron_duguays_hair on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:54 am

Lesson to be learned is don't listen to the national media. Their "analysis" purposeful and often driven to squeeze a story out of nothing.
ron_duguays_hair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby headh on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:00 am

Pitts wrote:Seriously, it was 2 minutes at the end of the 2nd period.

And Boston won the third period 2-0. The Pens looked awful in the 3rd.
headh
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Lt. Dish on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:13 am

shmenguin wrote:this is a weird thread, but unfortunately, i can see a scenario where we get frustrated again tonight and completely lose our minds.

After all the Pens have been through with regard to injuries and finding ways to plow through and keep winning, it would be a crime if they let the Bruins flip over the coffee table on their season. I admit that I'll be embarrassed as a fan if that happens. But I don't think it will.

The Flyers series comparison is one of the laziest, inane themes of "analysis" I've heard in awhile. I like DB's analogy that game 1 reminded him of game 5 of the 2009 SCF and not the Flyers series. Myself, I thought of the CHI series with DET in the last round. The better team ended up winning that series and the better one will prevail here, too. Tonight will tell us a great deal. So lets sit tight for a bit.

Let's go, Pens!
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby pfim on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:16 am

ron_duguays_hair wrote:If we would have came back in the third and won the game their would be a thread about how Geno should be the captain over Sid because he's more of a leader on the ice.

That doesn't make it any less absurd. The Pens are bigger and better than the Bruins, don't need Malkin beating up Bergeron to confirm that.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Getting To My Game on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:17 am

How many Stanley Cups do Morrow and Iggy have?
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins