Sid and Geno should defer to Iginla and Morrow

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Sid and Geno should defer to Iginla and Morrow

Postby PensHckyFan79 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:52 am

She'sTheFastest wrote:I remember the last time Geno fought like he did on Saturday night in the playoffs the Pens won the cup. :pop:

That is what I thought watching it live, but thinking about it during the intermission I was pissed that one of our key guys was going to miss 1:30 on fresh ice on the PP that could have tied the game and sent the momentum to the Pens.

Hopefully this is the bruins waking up the pens stars for the rest of this round and hopefully playoffs.
PensHckyFan79
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:00 pm

I'll happily have Malkin off the pp and Bergeron off the PK any time. Lets have those two match fighting majors every time the Pens get a pp.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pittsoccer33 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:03 pm

I do kind of agree with the idea that when we try "message sending" - and by we I mean our star players - it never seems to work out well. Crosby scoring a breakaway goal at the end of the Capitals elimination game in 09 is more the kind of message I like from these guys.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby offsides on Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:13 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:I'll happily have Malkin off the pp and Bergeron off the PK any time. Lets have those two match fighting majors every time the Pens get a pp.

Although, It didn't work out too well. I don't care to have Malkin off the ice for 7 minutes for any reason.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Rylan on Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:34 pm

I honestly think some of you are too emotional to have any sort of rational thought.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:35 pm

I wonder what Bergeron did to set Malkin off cause Bergeron seems like a calm quiet dude
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:46 pm

SolidSnake wrote:I wonder what Bergeron did to set Malkin off cause Bergeron seems like a calm quiet dude

The gloves of both players were off pretty simultaneously. Malkin looked like he had a head start, but it wasn't by enough to mean Malkin jumped him.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby meow on Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:47 pm

Rylan wrote:I honestly think some of you are too emotional to have any sort of rational thought.
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby pens_CT on Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:50 pm

meow wrote:
Rylan wrote:I honestly think some of you are too emotional to have any sort of rational thought.

:thumb: :thumb:
pens_CT
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby headh on Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:24 pm

pittsoccer33 wrote:I do kind of agree with the idea that when we try "message sending" - and by we I mean our star players - it never seems to work out well. Crosby scoring a breakaway goal at the end of the Capitals elimination game in 09 is more the kind of message I like from these guys.

:thumb: :thumb: we turn into :scared: :twisted: boneheads and the other team winds up with odd man rushes and wide open nets
headh
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby headh on Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:25 pm

I honestly think the Penguins become too emotional to have any sort of rational thought
headh
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Rylan on Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:27 pm

headh wrote:

I honestly think the Penguins become too emotional to have any sort of rational thought

If you think, you are too slow. So I hope they aren't really having rational thoughts out there.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby meow on Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:36 pm

If you think Sid and Malkin have these "tantrums" more than any other star player, you're wrong.
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby MRandall25 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:44 pm

meow wrote:If you think Sid and Malkin have these "tantrums" more than any other star player, you're wrong.

When Jonathan Toews does it, it's called "leadership". When Crosby and Malkin do it, it's called "tantrums"...

... or so talking heads think.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:18 pm

They called it the same thing when Toews was doing it in the first round and a half. Everyone isn't out to get Pittsburgh sports figures. They are out specifically to get Matt Cooke. :scared:
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Scott on Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:05 pm

They didn't act like immature brats....

the actions of a certain one were dumb. There is no other way to put it. Dumb.

The score is 1-0...you just got a PP...then you decide to attempt to send a message with nearly a full PP to work with and a full 20 mins of game remaining. I tried very hard to think of some description that was easier than the harshness of dumb. I can't. Pure and simple it is what it is. Stupid decision by one of those two.

What are they going to defer to? Hey Morrow, will you please go get an instigator penalty because we need a message sent in the middle of a game. Hey Iginla please stir the pot and get a mis-conduct penalty because I am mad. WTFE.
Scott
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby iWonTheCup87 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:35 pm

give me a break im so tired of listening to garbage like this. I honestly dont ever remember a time when players were so closely scrutinized in my life in any sport.

People call Crosby a whiner when he complained once to a ref in the game ALONG with other players. Every single game played players complain to refs but any time someone on the Pens does it esp Crosby then people freak out and say OMG look at that cry baby. I know most of it is because people hate the best players but man its pretty brutal listening to it constantly. I mean honestly can anyone say in the past few years Crosby is constantly dogging the refs like people claim he is? I dont think so at all and i have watched 80-90% of the games.

Malkin's fight was stupid and all but how is that acting like a brat or anything? It honestly was kind of nice to see Geno let it out and fight once and get it out of his system. I dont want him to do it anymore but hockey is about passion and so what he went after somoene ONCE get over it. People act like he and the Pens went around fighting everyone.

Personally i think most games this post season lack intensity and that hatred for one another and it was nice to see some pure hatred going on.
iWonTheCup87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby slappybrown on Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:38 pm

thebear wrote:What the heck is this thread about
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby RxBandit66 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:27 pm

Toews did lose his composure for one single game. Then the Hawks won the series and are now poised to go to the finals. Like I said in a post earlier, the type of stuff that Boston pulled in game 1 will work for one game in a series, maybe two. Talent will win in the end.
RxBandit66
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby She'sTheFastest on Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:37 pm

iWonTheCup87 wrote:give me a break im so tired of listening to garbage like this. I honestly dont ever remember a time when players were so closely scrutinized in my life in any sport.

People call Crosby a whiner when he complained once to a ref in the game ALONG with other players. Every single game played players complain to refs but any time someone on the Pens does it esp Crosby then people freak out and say OMG look at that cry baby. I know most of it is because people hate the best players but man its pretty brutal listening to it constantly. I mean honestly can anyone say in the past few years Crosby is constantly dogging the refs like people claim he is? I dont think so at all and i have watched 80-90% of the games.

Malkin's fight was stupid and all but how is that acting like a brat or anything? It honestly was kind of nice to see Geno let it out and fight once and get it out of his system. I dont want him to do it anymore but hockey is about passion and so what he went after somoene ONCE get over it. People act like he and the Pens went around fighting everyone.

Personally i think most games this post season lack intensity and that hatred for one another and it was nice to see some pure hatred going on.

People tend to forget that other teams aren't going to bow down to Malkin and Crosby. I agree with your sentiment 100%. All captains complain to the refs. Crosby is scrutinized more because of his reputation of being a diver.

Malkin gets it because he is not 2009, last year regular season Malkin. Kind of like Metallica taking crap because they no longer sound like their oldselves.
She'sTheFastest
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby PenguinSteve-o on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:22 pm

Dumb thread. My two cents.
PenguinSteve-o
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Getting To My Game on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:23 pm

PenguinSteve-o wrote:Dumb thread. My two cents.

I just don't understand what the OP means by "defer". What would this process entail?
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby pens_CT on Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:12 pm

RxBandit66 wrote:Toews did lose his composure for one single game. Then the Hawks won the series and are now poised to go to the finals. Like I said in a post earlier, the type of stuff that Boston pulled in game 1 will work for one game in a series, maybe two. Talent will win in the end.

Talent wins in the end so long as you have work ethic and execution going along with it. The pens may have had the work ethic in game 1, but they certainly didn't have the execution.
pens_CT
AHL'er
AHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins