Bruins v. Penguins ECF Game 2 GDT

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Bruins v. Penguins ECF Game 2 GDT

Postby sil on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:51 pm

The U wrote:Bylsma/Pens have struggled against good trapping teams for years. They've had years to figure out a answer.

Every team struggles against a trapping team when they go down a couple goals. The pens HAVE to score first.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby SoupOrSam on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:51 pm

pronovost19 wrote:Pens and fans just got totally duped by nbc crew. Totally deserved

How so? Stopped watching when it ended.
SoupOrSam
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: Wanna fight? Why don't you stick your head up my butt and fight for air.

Postby Kharlamov on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:52 pm

Desiato wrote:Am I the only one who still believes?

Yup
Kharlamov
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby She'sTheFastest on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:52 pm

Who thinks the players have checked out at this point? Do all the guys who were brought in still care enough to try or are they done?
She'sTheFastest
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby bhaw on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:52 pm

The U wrote:Bylsma/Pens have struggled against good trapping teams for years. They've had years to figure out a answer.

Honest question... Have they even tried? I don't see anything different.

If the Pens are watching video during these optional practice days, what are they watching exactly?
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby murphydump55 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:52 pm

KG wrote:
sil wrote:
GDR wrote:You fire Bylsma and bring in Tortorella to end the country club. He will ruin Crosby and Malkin by trying to make them into muckers but it has to be done.

The one thing he probably would do is bench Crosby and Letang for the kinds of games they played tonight.

I want nothing to do with Tortorella...

Lindy Ruff...I'm all in....

Alain Vignault, Tippett, Boucher, Guletzen (sp), whoever, I'm all in.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby NashvilleCat on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Hit me again Ike and this time put some stank on it.
NashvilleCat
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby SolidSnake on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Giveaways in ECF: Penguins 20, Bruins 3. Seriously.@wyshynski
Last edited by SolidSnake on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Lt. Dish on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Desiato wrote:Am I the only one who still believes?

I'll speak for myself. I don't know how I feel. I was cool after game 1; I'm just shellshocked tonight. The way they lost...

I'll dream of an epic comeback...
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby mariojr on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:54 pm

sil wrote:
mariojr wrote:Has any team, ANY team EVER in the whole *&$^# history of the $^#&ing NHL, been outscored by 8 (EIGHT!!!!!) goals in the first two games of a series AT HOME????? In the freaking conference FINALS????

Didn't think so.

The Pens looked completely lost, without a hope, without a prayer, without a clue. If they don't find one soon, this will be the most lopsided series in the history of the NHL. And all the Boston players will have to worry about is trying not to snicker as they shake hands with their amusing opponents.

Ha Ha. Unfortunately, that has nothing to do with the fact that the Pens are cooked, with only a ghost of a chance of winning this series, and probably very little chance of making it a series. And it certainly has nothing to do with me.
mariojr
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby jimreb on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:54 pm

The best thing for the Pens right now is to get the first flight out of Pittsburgh. Let the Bruins go home and hear about how great they are. Hopefully they'll become complacent. I got to hope for something.
jimreb
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Desiato on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:55 pm

pens_srq wrote:
Getting To My Game wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:Shero would be my hero if he fired Byslma mid-series

Lemieux takes over coaching duties. Pens win 4 straight and he DDT's Chara at center ice in Boston after accepting the Wales Trophy.

Only possible way Pens win.

I just had a vision of this happening.. with Jagr immediately retiring as a player, apologizing to the city of Pittsburgh, and joining as an assistant coach, along with Ulf, destroyer of Bruins' dreams.
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Lt. Dish on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:55 pm

She'sTheFastest wrote:Who thinks the players have checked out at this point? Do all the guys who were brought in still care enough to try or are they done?

How do you get to the ECF and then check out? Not challenging you; I just don't know how they could do that.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby The U on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:55 pm

The 8 day break threw me off. I didn't even get fired up for game one. I wonder if the team is hung over or out of whack after that break. Still not as emotionally torn up as I "should" be right now. I think that 8 day break made me feel like the season was over. These first two games have felt like exhibition games.
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby since1970 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:56 pm

....I remember reading about the Caps on here when they were winning Prez trophies and how they needed to change their system to be successful in the playoffs, this being four years straight for us not making it to the SCF, are the players given the right system to succeed in the playoffs ? Maybe it is coaching?
since1970
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby mariojr on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:56 pm

This looks like a Stanley Cup finalist beating down an AHL team. The Pens are that bad right now. In every aspect of the game. Bar none.
mariojr
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby cojac on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:56 pm

murphydump55 wrote:
KG wrote:
sil wrote:
GDR wrote:You fire Bylsma and bring in Tortorella to end the country club. He will ruin Crosby and Malkin by trying to make them into muckers but it has to be done.

The one thing he probably would do is bench Crosby and Letang for the kinds of games they played tonight.

I want nothing to do with Tortorella...

Lindy Ruff...I'm all in....

Alain Vignault, Tippett, Boucher, Guletzen (sp), whoever, I'm all in.

Give me Tippett
cojac
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby DeltaAgent on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:57 pm

KG wrote:
cojac wrote:
DelPen wrote:Should have just upgraded the defense and bottom 6 instead of forcing Iggy into a bad position. But Bylsma has no clue what he is doing.

If I saw Bylsma, I'd punch him right in the mouth :!:

This all started because Bylsma couldn't dare break up the "best line in hockey" with Crosby/Dupuis/Kunitz...

Sorry, you got Iginla to play with Crosby. Iginla chose Pittsburgh to play with Crosby.

Not play LW and play out of position, and certainly not to play on the 2nd power play unit.

Bylsma did not handle Iginla well at all...bad in fact.

If I had a dollar for every time I heard this/said this/etc. I could pay for my season tickets. I don't understand how this could keep going on for so long. Won't be going on for much longer, one way or another, I suppose.
DeltaAgent
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Bioshock on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:57 pm

Tonight was the last game for MAF in this franchise.

He had a chance to come in and reestablish himself as the #1. Sutter scores a goal and the place is rocking.

It took 8 seconds... 8 seconds to remind everyone why he will never be the goalie of this franchise again. Start Vokoun in game 3 and go from there. Live or die.

Tonight was the night we TRULY SAW the end of the MAF era in Pittsburgh. Goodnight sweet prince...
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby TheHammer24 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:57 pm

Even if I accept the positive we're-still-the-better-team outlook, at bottom we still have to win 4 of the next 5 games. Assume we are indeed a heavy favorite at 75% per game. We still have only a 40% or so chance of winning the series. You can't trust regression in these situations. You cannot lost the first two games of a series. Mother effer.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby She'sTheFastest on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:58 pm

Lt. Dish wrote:
She'sTheFastest wrote:Who thinks the players have checked out at this point? Do all the guys who were brought in still care enough to try or are they done?

How do you get to the ECF and then check out? Not challenging you; I just don't know how they could do that.

No, I know you're not. I find it hard to believe too. In fact, after 2009 I would not be surprised if they won the series. Unfortunately, I won't be surprised if they lose either.
She'sTheFastest
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Lt. Dish on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:00 pm

Steve wrote:FWIW, my daughter predicted that the Bruins would win the first two games, but the Pens would win the series. That's the only hope I have right now. I guess I should never be surprised at anything - but being outscored 9-1 by so far is a little difficult for me to believe. I'm literally shocked.

On to game three - 87 can't have three bad games in a row, can he?

Not to make excuses, but I think 14 is injured. He looked to be a perimeter player at times, very unlike him, especially in the playoffs.

GIve the Bruins credit, the are playing as 5 man units, and coming in waves. It's quite a contrast to watch their players without the puck - they are covering everyone. Our guys are not doing anything like that so far. Boston is also doing a great job covering our points, we aren't getting many good shots from there.

and the faceoffs - especially in their zone. :face:

We need more info. How old is your daughter? Did she make this prediction from her Pack and Play?

Bless her!
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Kharlamov on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:00 pm

I thought i never would have said it, but, although my gut tells me Sidney's immaturity as a leader is this teams biggest problem, I think disco dans gotta go if we don't move on....
Kharlamov
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby marek on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:00 pm

doing the same thing over and over and yielding the same results isn't the definition of insanity...

it's: P I N K S L I P
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DeltaAgent on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:01 pm

Maybe Crosby just has to put the GD jaw guard on again? Just sayin'.
DeltaAgent
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins