Bruins v. Penguins ECF Game 2 GDT

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Bruins v. Penguins ECF Game 2 GDT

Postby JeanPronovost on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:01 pm

since1970 wrote:Maybe it is coaching?

Hmmm. You could be right.
JeanPronovost
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Desiato on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:02 pm

The truth is that no coach should have survived the Flyers series last year, so DB is living on borrowed time anyway. But outside of a movie miracle, he's our coach until the Pens win 8 or lose 2-5 games. I'm going to continue to believe he has it in him to figure this out.
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby bh on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Gah, just finished the game on DVR and now I'm sick. So sick. :cry: :oops: :thumbdown:
bh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby murphydump55 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Desiato wrote:The truth is that no coach should have survived the Flyers series last year, so DB is living on borrowed time anyway. But outside of a movie miracle, he's our coach until the Pens win 8 or lose 2-5 games. I'm going to continue to believe he has it in him to figure this out.

Well he's certainly proven it over the last 4 post seasons that we should believe in him. :face:
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby marek on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:06 pm

I'm on a plane to vegas tomorrow morning and I'll be putting money on the bruins... that way I get something for my pain if DB doesn't make some adjustments to his awfully easy to defend system and or they don't show up again.
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Lt. Dish on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Bioshock wrote:Tonight was the last game for MAF in this franchise.

He had a chance to come in and reestablish himself as the #1. Sutter scores a goal and the place is rocking.

It took 8 seconds... 8 seconds to remind everyone why he will never be the goalie of this franchise again. Start Vokoun in game 3 and go from there. Live or die.

Tonight was the night we TRULY SAW the end of the MAF era in Pittsburgh. Goodnight sweet prince...

This breaks my heart because I'm so attached to him. He's been with us since he was just a kid. I love his attitude and disposition. It hasn't occurred to me until this playoff that it could possibly be the end of the line for him.

I thought the guys would rally for a teammate whom they love so much. : (
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby NashvilleCat on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:07 pm

TheHammer24 wrote:Even if I accept the positive we're-still-the-better-team outlook, at bottom we still have to win 4 of the next 5 games. Assume we are indeed a heavy favorite at 75% per game. We still have only a 40% or so chance of winning the series. You can't trust regression in these situations. You cannot lost the first two games of a series. Mother effer.

I look at it this way. Win the next two and make it best two out of three.

However, all the can do is focus on winning game three. And I hope they're more focused than they were for game 2.
NashvilleCat
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby marek on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:07 pm

btw... DB to speak to media shortly:

http://video.penguins.nhl.com/videocent ... t-penguins
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby shmenguin on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:07 pm

not that it would have mattered, but i don't really understand the 27-36-46 line. if vitale is in, jokinen has to be out. it's a small thing, but it makes me wonder about the braintrust
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby GDR on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:07 pm

Lt. Dish wrote:

He had a chance to come in and reestablish himself as the #1. Sutter scores a goal and the place is rocking.

It took 8 seconds... 8 seconds to remind everyone why he will never be the goalie of this franchise again. Start Vokoun in game 3 and go from there. Live or die.

Tonight was the night we TRULY SAW the end of the MAF era in Pittsburgh. Goodnight sweet prince...

This breaks my heart because I'm so attached to him. He's been with us since he was just a kid. I love his attitude and disposition. It hasn't occurred to me until this playoff that it could possibly be the end of the line for him.

They did rally for him. They made it 3-1. He made it 4-1 8 seconds later.
GDR
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Bioshock on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:08 pm

I'm normally the most positive person around when it comes to the Pens. I always believe in my team. But this... I just can't believe this team will recover from this.

This isn't the Islanders where they were pressuring us and make the Pens play a tough style. This isn't anything systematic. This is a team that has melted down at every level at the first sign of adversity and has a track record of doing this in this exact situation.

I love these players and i love this team and if they come back, i will be the first to say i didn't believe in them, but i feel this is the end. Not just the end of this season but of an era. Outside of Shero and Crosby, everyone is in jeopardy of not being here next year.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby sniper on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:09 pm

KG wrote:
cojac wrote:
DelPen wrote:Should have just upgraded the defense and bottom 6 instead of forcing Iggy into a bad position. But Bylsma has no clue what he is doing.

If I saw Bylsma, I'd punch him right in the mouth :!:

This all started because Bylsma couldn't dare break up the "best line in hockey" with Crosby/Dupuis/Kunitz...

Sorry, you got Iginla to play with Crosby. Iginla chose Pittsburgh to play with Crosby.

Not play LW and play out of position, and certainly not to play on the 2nd power play unit.

Bylsma did not handle Iginla well at all...bad in fact.

Iginla sucks. He just flat out sucks. It's not that he should be with Sid or not. The man does nothing to earn top two line minutes. He is soft. He hits nobody. Big soft teddy bear. On the rare occasion he actually gets to the opposition in time to hit them, he gives them a little love tap. It's sad. Very unimpressed by him. He's supposed to be a star, but all he is now is a has been. All he has is a great shot, but he is too slow to get in a position to actually use it at even strength. Tyler Kennedy, Beau Bennett, Jokinen, and Jeffrey are better players 5 on 5. Iginla is a black hole out there.
sniper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby She'sTheFastest on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:09 pm

Pens in 6 or 7.
She'sTheFastest
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby bhaw on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:09 pm

shmenguin wrote:not that it would have mattered, but i don't really understand the 27-36-46 line. if vitale is in, jokinen has to be out. it's a small thing, but it makes me wonder about the braintrust

Agreed with that. They looked out of sorts on that line. Although we are getting butchered so badly in the circle that having both of them may not be too terrible.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby nocera on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:10 pm

I expect to see a team fighting for their lives on Wednesday. This isn't over.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Take the Body Shoot the Puck on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:10 pm

What the hell did I just watch?
Take the Body Shoot the Puck
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Bioshock on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:10 pm

GDR wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:

This breaks my heart too. When other sports teams lose, it isn't personal for me. But to know that he and several Pens are gonna be gone and what they are currently going through... My heart breaks for them.

That being said though, gotta pull the trigger. Enough is enough...
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Lt. Dish on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:10 pm

GDR wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:

Yeah, that. : (
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby KBone on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:11 pm

Take the Body Shoot the Puck wrote:What the hell did I just watch?

If you're a Pens fan - A disgrace to hockey
If you're a Bruins fan - A clinic
KBone
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby bhaw on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:11 pm

GDR wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:

Lets get it straight... Orpik lost an easy puck battle, Cooke lost Marchand and no one skated back to cover. Then maf buffed the first shot on him in 4 weeks to totally kill any hope.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby lemieuxReturns on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:11 pm

Lt. Dish wrote:

They did. Eight seconds later MAF sh|t on their rally.
lemieuxReturns
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby murphydump55 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:11 pm

sniper wrote:
KG wrote:
cojac wrote:
DelPen wrote:Should have just upgraded the defense and bottom 6 instead of forcing Iggy into a bad position. But Bylsma has no clue what he is doing.

If I saw Bylsma, I'd punch him right in the mouth :!:

This all started because Bylsma couldn't dare break up the "best line in hockey" with Crosby/Dupuis/Kunitz...

Sorry, you got Iginla to play with Crosby. Iginla chose Pittsburgh to play with Crosby.

Not play LW and play out of position, and certainly not to play on the 2nd power play unit.

Bylsma did not handle Iginla well at all...bad in fact.

Iginla sucks. He just flat out sucks. It's not that he should be with Sid or not. The man does nothing to earn top two line minutes. He is soft. He hits nobody. Big soft teddy bear. On the rare occasion he actually gets to the opposition in time to hit them, he gives them a little love tap. It's sad. Very unimpressed by him. He's supposed to be a star, but all he is now is a has been. All he has is a great shot, but he is too slow to get in a position to actually use it at even strength. Tyler Kennedy, Beau Bennett, Jokinen, and Jeffrey are better players 5 on 5. Iginla is a black hole out there.

Sadly, I can't disagree.

What do you do with him? Try him with Sid again? Play him on the third line?
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby marek on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:12 pm

Lt. Dish wrote:

Sadly... Marriage does this to everyone... time for a change of scenery Fleury...
this coming from the guy that welcomed him to PGH at the baggage carousel at PGH airport when he was called up for the last time from WBS...

I told him that I flew in from San Diego to watch him play the next night... He smiled and replied in horribly bad english "Thank you, I'll try."

looks like he's still trying...
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Lt. Dish on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:13 pm

Take the Body Shoot the Puck wrote:What the hell did I just watch?

You watched the Bruins take the puck and shoot the body.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby bh on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:13 pm

I think DB is a problem, but I still don't understand why our players make so many bone headed plays.
Can't we just try a game where we stress making high percentage plays the whole game.
I see so many guys taking unnecessary risks and the biggest offenders are Sid, Letang, Nisky, and Geno.
Is this because HCDB lets them play how they want? I'd be livid after a performance like that if I was the coach.
bh
AHL'er
AHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins