The mess ! ! !

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

The mess ! ! !

Postby Scott on Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:16 am

The obvious but some sad sad sad facts are....
1 goal in 120 mins of the first two games of a very important series. :face:

Accurate passing has left the organization.

The Pens have lost any form of identity about the mid way point in game 1 forward. To borrow the phrase from the great Herb brooks, they look like a monkey trying to..you know what...to a football.

Goal tending confidence is shattered. How can there me much confidence right now in either goalie.

The offense fights to get the puck in the zone only for it to systematically be removed in text book form by the Bruins. Then the Pens have a difficult time getting the puck out of their own zone.

Crosby/Malkin..zero points and a minus 6.

Jagr is still so difficult to defend while Iginla has been an empty sweater. From a Boston perspective sometimes what you don't get is a blessing in disguise. Also the Boston sneaky forecheck is killing the Pens. They just get that forward free in the slot several times a period. This will be a short series if the Pens can't address this simple little defensive break down.

I believe Bylsma is really close to losing the two ounces of control he had of this team. He has no spine. He is too arrogant. A terrible combo. He refuses to say boo to any star players yet he also refuses to adjust his very own free wheeling system. That makes sense. :roll:

After the first 30 mins of game 1 the Bruins have had an easy go of it. The Pens are self destructing at an alarming rate. You know the Isle and Senators are saying where was this Pens team when we played them.

On a bright note the Pens have played so badly that it can only get better. The Bruins have played so well it can only drop off for them a bit.

If Bylsma stays arrogant and stubborn the Pens are doomed. If Bylsma takes off his ego hat and makes some critical adjustments this series can get back to really interesting status.
To this point only one black and gold team has shown up and they aren't from western PA.
Scott
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: The mess ! ! !

Postby bhaw on Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:30 am

re: Jagr - Iginla comparison

Jagr put in the best spot to succeed given his current abilities. Can you say the same for Iginla?

If the players are worried about goal tending after tonight, they clearly have no clue what just happened to them.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Scott on Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:49 am

bhaw wrote:re: Jagr - Iginla comparison

Jagr put in the best spot to succeed given his current abilities. Can you say the same for Iginla?

If the players are worried about goal tending after tonight, they clearly have no clue what just happened to them.

Listen, I think Iginla was a great addition to the team. But the insistence of keeping him on the Malkin line with Neal has ruined that.

Maybe it is Crosby complaining he doesn't want to lose Kunitz. If that is the case then Bylsma has struck again by more lack of control.
Scott
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby bhaw on Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:54 am

I think we are agreeing there, just FYI.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby scals37 on Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:12 am

bhaw wrote:I think we are agreeing there, just FYI.

it really has blown my mind that they forced Iginla on that side for this long...
scals37
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Wyopen on Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:23 am

If I may echo Paul McLean, I hope Boston doesn't bill the Pens for taking them to the clinic.
Wyopen
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Dickie Dunn on Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:33 am

Wyopen wrote:If I may echo Paul McLean, I hope Boston doesn't bill the Pens for taking them to the clinic.

This clinic would bankrupt the organization again.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby no name on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:37 am

Trade Letang, Fire Byslma. Its a start.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Rugbymuffin on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:14 am

Jerome "The Hype" Iginla.

Talk about a square peg in a round hole. Left ? Right ? Who cares ? Guy looks like a fish out of water in this system, IMO. Not to mention he is soft.

Didn't like the trade then, and don't like the trade now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the rest ? Maybe Crosby and Letang were out the night before, and smoking crack ? Cause the played like it.

If this team wants to win the cup, they have me fooled.

Diagnosis: Too many Chiefs, and not enough Indians. No investing (forechecking), and nothing but fancy pants, finesse play. This team is soft, and lacks role players.
Rugbymuffin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins