JetBlue pilot compares Sid to a baby during flight

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: JetBlue pilot compares Sid to a baby during flight

Postby columbia on Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:29 am

Pilots tend to say stupid things...I'm not sure why.
For example, who the hell cares about your views on politics - which I've experienced; just fly the damn plane, you nimrod.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby penny lane on Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:52 am

columbia wrote:Pilots tend to say stupid things...I'm not sure why.
For example, who the hell cares about your views on politics - which I've experienced; just fly the damn plane, you nimrod.

bonus points for "nimrod" should be used more. :D
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby IntangibleBeer on Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:14 am

shoeshine boy wrote:
brwi wrote:JetBlew is like the Toronto Maple Leafs of airlines.

they're not even that good. more like the Florida Panthers of airlines. i.e. they're still in business?

at least these Massholes were slightly original:

Sounds like your typical, classless Boston fan to me. Up yours, Beantown.
IntangibleBeer
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby rgj on Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:26 am

owtahear wrote:Sid can shut up people by his play. He ain't doing it. Sorry.

Ding....ding....ding...!
rgj
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Sarcastic on Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:57 am

shoeshine boy wrote:
brwi wrote:JetBlew is like the Toronto Maple Leafs of airlines.

they're not even that good. more like the Florida Panthers of airlines. i.e. they're still in business?

at least these Massholes were slightly original:

Maybe it's me, but I think that's pretty funny.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby rgj on Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:03 am

owtahear wrote:Sid can shut up people by his play. He ain't doing it. Sorry.

Ding....ding....ding...!

I, too, get aggravated at the tremendous abuse directed at Sid. I feel bad for him and marvel at his ability to maintain his "cool." Unfortunately, in pro sports, those that are the "stars," make mulitmillions, and are the public persona of individual teams are going to be in the sights of fans and sports pundits (expert wannabes) nationwide.

There is a atmosphere of vindictiveness that permeates sports fans that is horrible. It is not sportsmanship at all. I would characterize it as just plain mean and ugly.

It is not fair. In fact, it's downright cruel at times. It's embarrassing to hear the "Crosby ***ks" chants while watching the games on TV with my family. I don't like to hear my grandkids asking me why the crowds don't like Crosby.

A few years ago, my daughter, son and wife, and I went to a BlueJacket vs. Pens game in Columbus. We were all decked out in our Pens garb, having a great time. The BlueJackets got out to a 3-0 lead, the fans behind us were throwing peanuts at us...it downright angered me, causing me to threaten to "put the nose" of the guysitting behind me on the other side of his head. Then the Pens scored 3 quick goals and it was total silence from behind. We were thrilled, but did not gloat. The game went to a shootout, the BlueJackets won 3 goals to 2. But it was a great time overall. Then after the game, while I was waiting in the concourse on the girls doing the "ladies room thing," some girl passes me, sees my Pens jersey, and proceeds to exclaim, "Crosby and the Pens **cks." I decided to lower myself to her standards and replied, "Up your c**t with a fencepost." Evidently it offended her, she whined to her boyfriend, he just told her "what do you expect, you started it."

I agree, though. If Sid and the Pens want to stop the ridicule, then perform and get the job done.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. I still believe in the Pens. They are my team, and I will still be a fan regardless of what happens....now I may not watch ESPN or NBC-PeeAir for a while, but I will just put my Pens gear away for another summer's rest.

GO PENS !!! BEAN BOSTON !!!
rgj
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Penspal on Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:11 am

I'll never fly JetBlue if I can help it.

- How many people would stand up to 6'7" Chara with a freshly broken face. Truth is, media loves to slam Sid.

As a Pens fan I always go out of my way to correct the "facts" when I speak to people in person about "Sid's a whiner". This goes all the way back to his first season, Ken Hitchcock perpetuated this myth. Show them how he had his teeth knocked out by hatcher and then scored in OT to win. If that's a whiner, then I want both my sons to be whiners.
Penspal
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Lt. Dish on Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:14 am

Penspal wrote:I'll never fly JetBlue if I can help it.

- How many people would stand up to 6'7" Chara with a freshly broken face. Truth is, media loves to slam Sid.

As a Pens fan I always go out of my way to correct the "facts" when I speak to people in person about "Sid's a whiner". This goes all the way back to his first season, Ken Hitchcock perpetuated this myth. Show them how he had his teeth knocked out by hatcher and then scored in OT to win. If that's a whiner, then I want both my sons to be whiners.

I was at that game. He got whacked. The crowd reaction to the OT goal was priceless; you just knew it was the start of a long and beautiful relationship. Dude behind me said, "I have the feeling we're going to see many more of those in the next 15 years..."
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby shoeshine boy on Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:27 am

rgj wrote:
Ding....ding....ding...!

I, too, get aggravated at the tremendous abuse directed at Sid. I feel bad for him and marvel at his ability to maintain his "cool." Unfortunately, in pro sports, those that are the "stars," make mulitmillions, and are the public persona of individual teams are going to be in the sights of fans and sports pundits (expert wannabes) nationwide.

There is a atmosphere of vindictiveness that permeates sports fans that is horrible. It is not sportsmanship at all. I would characterize it as just plain mean and ugly.

It is not fair. In fact, it's downright cruel at times. It's embarrassing to hear the "Crosby ***ks" chants while watching the games on TV with my family.

GO PENS !!! BEAN BOSTON !!!

nice to know I'm not the only one who sees this. after a few Facebook friends posted the Jet Blue story on their wall with the obligatory "lol!" I came to the realization that social media is just an excuse to be rude and talk **** about people that you don't even know. can't say that I'm completely innocent of this. I've posted my share of Sanchez "butt fumble" related links but that's not an attack on him personally, just an attack on a particularly hilarious play.
hearing "Crosby sucks!" doesn't bother me as much as when uninformed Crosby haters say that he's a whiner or call him "Cindy". seems stupid and especially juvenile to try to insult a man by calling him by a female name.
I guess in the end it all boils down to
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby TrueNorth on Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:18 pm

I think Sid is a perfect example of how difficult, if not impossible, it is to change a perception or opinion once it has been firmly fixed in the minds of the public. It doesn’t matter that Sid is not the whiner so many people make him out to be. That reputation, which dates back to his rookie year in the League, will likely dog him forever, if only because his detractors have accepted it as fact and keep presenting it as such. The good news is, I think he has learned to tune it all out, or at least not let it get to him.
TrueNorth
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Crankshaft on Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:08 pm

TrueNorth wrote:I think Sid is a perfect example of how difficult, if not impossible, it is to change a perception or opinion once it has been firmly fixed in the minds of the public. It doesn’t matter that Sid is not the whiner so many people make him out to be. That reputation, which dates back to his rookie year in the League, will likely dog him forever, if only because his detractors have accepted it as fact and keep presenting it as such. The good news is, I think he has learned to tune it all out, or at least not let it get to him.

Wayne Gretzky was a whiner as well.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby BigMcK on Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:35 pm

A JetBlue pilot making fun of anything other than his own crappy airline is what should have made headlines.

Hey, pilot, keep the damn jet within the confines of the runway, would ya? One and done for me as a passenger.
BigMcK
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins