Official GDT: Pens vs Bruins ECF Game 3- 6/5/13

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bruins ECF Game 3- 6/5/13

Postby motoallica426 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:38 am

someone slip Rask some Roofies before next game. He is playing so strong right now. At least we were making him work more today. Doesn't mean much but we made progress. Dunno wut will happen next, but i think we outplayed them for sure, except for Rask and the goal posts. Hope for the best and expect the worst. Good night all
motoallica426
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:27 am
Location: Somewhere on the other side of nowhere

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bruins ECF Game 3- 6/5/13

Postby NashvilleCat on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:39 am

pronovost19 wrote:
NashvilleCat wrote:
pronovost19 wrote:It is all my fault. When the Bruins escaped the Leafs, I said that is not what we wanted to see.

Btw...Shero traded for the wrong guys. If HCDB is axed, then RS is not safe either.

That statement is hard to dispute but I have to admit I thought his moves were genius when he made them. I guess that's why I do what I do and I'm not a GM.


Yeah...i am not hating or trolling..just keeping it real..

Didn't think you were. Just agreeing with you and admitting that at the time I was as excited as anyone on this board about it. As Al Michaels says "we think we know but, we don't know."
NashvilleCat
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,144
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 8:18 pm
Location: 4.5 hours south of Josh Harrison's hometown.

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bruins ECF Game 3- 6/5/13

Postby pensfaninhudsonvalley on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:39 am

Someone tell Lindy Ruff to stand by for a phone call from Shero
pensfaninhudsonvalley
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:14 am
Location: Middletown,NY

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bruins ECF Game 3- 6/5/13

Postby Desiato on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:39 am

If you identify coaching as an issue, it may be a mistake to also make roster changes to a fundamentally sound and talented young core; especially if that core wants to remain together.

I still believe, but hypothetically, I think coach first, roster changes later. Give everyone who wants to stay a chance to fix what's broken.
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,201
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 2:28 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bruins ECF Game 3- 6/5/13

Postby Bioshock on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:39 am

pens2005 wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:
pens2005 wrote:
farnham16 wrote:
Bioshock wrote:Gonna be an interesting summer.

My Prediction: Fleury, Letang and Disco all get the axe.


I really hope you are right. Especially on Fleury and Bylsma. But Bylsma HAS to go. HAS to.


Sorry, but the two superstar model isn't working. Malkin is traded this offseason. That's my bet.

You can't continually tie up $18 million in two centers when you can't advance in the postseason.

It's clearly not working.

Superstars only get you so far. You need balance up and down. We don't have defined roles on this squad.

Things need to seriously change.


What are you talking about? This team couldn't be any more balanced.



They are not balanced. Their third line never scores, their 4th line is ancient.

They rely on Geno and Sid to get them to the Cup. It's only worked once and you could argue they did t without Sid.

Having superstars on your roster guarantees you nothing.

See the la kings. Aside from maybe kopitar, they don't have any superstars.

This roster is obviously not built for the cup. Evidence is proving this year in and year out.

Not gonna lie dude, if it came down to losing like the Pens have or being the Kings with that style of play, i chose the Pens every day of the week. I hate the Kings and everything they stand for.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,816
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:55 pm
Location: Mt. Lebanon

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bruins ECF Game 3- 6/5/13

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:39 am

Kings don't have superstars? Doughty, Kopitaer, Brown, Quick, not to mention Carter, Richards? Are you thick?

This series has proven that Letang should be the one to go. He is horrid in his own zone and isn't worth the money he will get. Malkin was a true superstar tonight.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,316
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:31 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bruins ECF Game 3- 6/5/13

Postby meecrofilm on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:39 am

It can't be overstated how useless Engelland is with the puck. Sooo many unforced giveaways, and eventually it led to the game. Guy should never have been dressed.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,526
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:09 pm
Location: Filly don't do rebounds.

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bruins ECF Game 3- 6/5/13

Postby profpolisci on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:40 am

pens2005 wrote:See the la kings. Aside from maybe kopitar, they don't have any superstars.


Have to disagree. The Kings have the best tender in the game, one of the best pure snipers and a top 5 overall D-man in addition to Kopitar.
profpolisci
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,315
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:21 am

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bruins ECF Game 3- 6/5/13

Postby pens2005 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:40 am

farnham16 wrote:Malkin played one of the best games I've ever seen. All over the ice. Best player for either team excluding goalies.

Crazy injustice that he didn't have any points tonight.


I agree but it's about results. He did not score...again. He's not putting up numbers period.

He was dynamite tonight but failed to score. Just can't happen from your two superstars.
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,283
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:54 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bruins ECF Game 3- 6/5/13

Postby Bioshock on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:40 am

Desiato wrote:If you identify coaching as an issue, it may be a mistake to also make roster changes to a fundamentally sound and talented young core; especially if that core wants to remain together.

I still believe, but hypothetically, I think coach first, roster changes later. Give everyone who wants to stay a chance to fix what's broken.


I agree with this outside of Fleury. He's a broken man...
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,816
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:55 pm
Location: Mt. Lebanon

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bruins ECF Game 3- 6/5/13

Postby Crankshaft on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:41 am

No way is Shero on the bubble. He's built a fantastic team. If anything, he's at fault for not firing Bylsma after last year's playoffs.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,278
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:35 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bruins ECF Game 3- 6/5/13

Postby iWonTheCup87 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:41 am

I feel bad for Vokoun man he played his heart out and made HUGE saves. Just a shame
iWonTheCup87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,348
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:42 pm
Location: Inside Crosby's basement dryer

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bruins ECF Game 3- 6/5/13

Postby pens2005 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:41 am

profpolisci wrote:
pens2005 wrote:See the la kings. Aside from maybe kopitar, they don't have any superstars.


Have to disagree. The Kings have the best tender in the game, one of the best pure snipers and a top 5 overall D-man in addition to Kopitar.


Nowhere near the top end talent the pens have. Teams that are still in it are much more balanced from top to bottom than we are.
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,283
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:54 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bruins ECF Game 3- 6/5/13

Postby eww7633 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:41 am

pens2005 wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:
pens2005 wrote:
farnham16 wrote:
Bioshock wrote:Gonna be an interesting summer.

My Prediction: Fleury, Letang and Disco all get the axe.


I really hope you are right. Especially on Fleury and Bylsma. But Bylsma HAS to go. HAS to.


Sorry, but the two superstar model isn't working. Malkin is traded this offseason. That's my bet.

You can't continually tie up $18 million in two centers when you can't advance in the postseason.

It's clearly not working.

Superstars only get you so far. You need balance up and down. We don't have defined roles on this squad.

Things need to seriously change.


What are you talking about? This team couldn't be any more balanced.



They are not balanced. Their third line never scores, their 4th line is ancient.

They rely on Geno and Sid to get them to the Cup. It's only worked once and you could argue they did t without Sid.

Having superstars on your roster guarantees you nothing.

See the la kings. Aside from maybe kopitar, they don't have any superstars.

This roster is obviously not built for the cup. Evidence is proving this year in and year out.


You know, we can't win it every year. I'm disappointed with where we're at right now, but I'm not sure dismantling Crosby and Malkin because we haven't won 2 cups in 5 years is the right move. We're got a good team, and we've had some disappointment in the past few years, but many franchises would be happy to have had the results we've had recently.
eww7633
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,767
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:13 am
Location: Ron Swansons Woodshop

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bruins ECF Game 3- 6/5/13

Postby Desiato on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:41 am

Letang is a player who can definitely be recovered. Letang under Scotty for a couple of seasons would be one of the best players in the league. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,201
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 2:28 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bruins ECF Game 3- 6/5/13

Postby Scott on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:41 am

eww7633 wrote:
I don't think anyone knew that Iginla would be this terrible. I certainly had no inkling that he had nothing left.


What people didn't know and I'm as guilty as everyone else is that Iginla would be used in such a way that it made him not only invisible but it also puts a negative on the whole sum of the line.

Think about this...if Iginla played right wing and Dupuis played left wing with Crosby since the jaw breaker return...I guarantee you wouldn't have this same mindset.

Moreover do you realize he was being used on the #1 PP unit early in these playoffs and racking up points. At one point he was tied for the lead on the team with 9 points in the playoffs. Bylsma bumps his head and moves Iginla off the #1 unit.
Scott
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,920
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:11 am
Location: The Quick Stop roof playing hockey

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bruins ECF Game 3- 6/5/13

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:42 am

I'm not sure if the Malkin-haters are trying to troll me or not.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,465
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:18 pm
Location: you from the department of 'know what I'm saying"s?

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bruins ECF Game 3- 6/5/13

Postby pressure=9Pa on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:42 am

Bioshock wrote:This was a game that didn't really come down to coaching. This team had guts. Guts i thought was long gone and i'm gonna admit i was wrong on that account.

But... if this team is gonna thrive moving forward, i fire Bylsma. Sorry, but this team has reached it zenith with Bylsma at the helm.


I agree with everything here. Anyone who puts tonight on DB had their mind made up before seeing the game. PP was up and down, but everyone not named Letang played a decent mental game. You'd like to see more from Neal, Crosby, Dupuis, and maybe Morrow, but it's not like they were turning the puck over or taking bad penalties. We get a coupld of bounces last Saturday and today, and we're up 2-1 and there's no heat on Bylsma except on this message board.

That said, it's tough to have the reigns of a professional team for more than 4-5 years in any sport, and there's nothing so exceptional about Bylsma that he needs to stay. I think he'll catch on somewhere else, and I think he'll be successful. His worst trait is his handling of superstars, and I think that's very correctable if he's in a different spot.
pressure=9Pa
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 7,009
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:46 pm
Location: Northern Indiana

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bruins ECF Game 3- 6/5/13

Postby pronovost19 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:42 am

Play despres in game 4....give the kid some experience in the playoffs
pronovost19
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,144
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:22 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bruins ECF Game 3- 6/5/13

Postby She'sTheFastest on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:42 am

Agree about the Malkin analysis. I got excited every time he touched the puck tonight. Haven't had that feeling about him for awhile.
She'sTheFastest
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,452
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:41 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bruins ECF Game 3- 6/5/13

Postby Bioshock on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:42 am

Crankshaft wrote:No way is Shero on the bubble. He's built a fantastic team. If anything, he's at fault for not firing Bylsma after last year's playoffs.


People who are safe:

Geno
Sid
Shero
Vokoun

That's it. That's the list. Outside of those 4, given the right circumstances, anything can happen.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,816
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:55 pm
Location: Mt. Lebanon

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bruins ECF Game 3- 6/5/13

Postby pens2005 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:43 am

DontToewsMeBro wrote:Kings don't have superstars? Doughty, Kopitaer, Brown, Quick, not to mention Carter, Richards? Are you thick?

This series has proven that Letang should be the one to go. He is horrid in his own zone and isn't worth the money he will get. Malkin was a true superstar tonight.


Carter and Richards are superstars? Are you insane? Brown is a superstar?

None of the played you mentioned have salaries like 87 or 71.
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,283
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:54 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bruins ECF Game 3- 6/5/13

Postby eww7633 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:43 am

pronovost19 wrote:Play despres in game 4....give the kid some experience in the playoffs


Couldn't hurt at this point. Maybe he could bury one too.
eww7633
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,767
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:13 am
Location: Ron Swansons Woodshop

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bruins ECF Game 3- 6/5/13

Postby She'sTheFastest on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:43 am

Bioshock wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:No way is Shero on the bubble. He's built a fantastic team. If anything, he's at fault for not firing Bylsma after last year's playoffs.


People who are safe:

Geno
Sid
Shero
Vokoun

That's it. That's the list. Outside of those 4, given the right circumstances, anything can happen.


Agreed, and you know what you're talking about... so double agreed I guess.
She'sTheFastest
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,452
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:41 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Bruins ECF Game 3- 6/5/13

Postby She'sTheFastest on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:44 am

Is Tony Granato head coaching material?
She'sTheFastest
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,452
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:41 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


e-mail