Backs to the wall, time to win

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Backs to the wall, time to win

Postby Lt. Dish on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:07 pm

Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,518
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: Following Geno on Instagram

Re: Backs to the wall, time to win

Postby lemieuxReturns on Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:42 pm

Just out of curiosity, what ever happened to the power play setup where Sid stands off to the side of the goal, and the point man shoots the puck for sids stick, and he deflects it onto the goal. That play worked at least ten times before he got steckeled and never has come out since.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=iacqytOVUjA
lemieuxReturns
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,117
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:00 pm

Re: Backs to the wall, time to win

Postby DudeMan2766 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:59 pm

Penguins come back,
Any kinda fool could see,
That Igin-la,
Neeeeeds to be on right wing

Penguins come back,
You can blame it all-on-Dan
Or he's gonnnne,
And Fleuryyyy's right behind him..


DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,194
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:33 pm
Location: Squares don't fit in my circle.

Re: Backs to the wall, time to win

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:08 pm

lemieuxReturns wrote:Just out of curiosity, what ever happened to the power play setup where Sid stands off to the side of the goal, and the point man shoots the puck for sids stick, and he deflects it onto the goal. That play worked at least ten times before he got steckeled and never has come out since.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=iacqytOVUjA


That was basically the play they were running when the Islanders tipped Orpik's shot into his face.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,564
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Backs to the wall, time to win

Postby lemieuxReturns on Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:17 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:Just out of curiosity, what ever happened to the power play setup where Sid stands off to the side of the goal, and the point man shoots the puck for sids stick, and he deflects it onto the goal. That play worked at least ten times before he got steckeled and never has come out since.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=iacqytOVUjA


That was basically the play they were running when the Islanders tipped Orpik's shot into his face.


No, not really. It was always on the other side. Here is another one. I swear he had ten of these that season.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qtQ5Pf0qTDw
lemieuxReturns
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,117
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:00 pm

Re: Backs to the wall, time to win

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:21 pm

lemieuxReturns wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:Just out of curiosity, what ever happened to the power play setup where Sid stands off to the side of the goal, and the point man shoots the puck for sids stick, and he deflects it onto the goal. That play worked at least ten times before he got steckeled and never has come out since.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=iacqytOVUjA


That was basically the play they were running when the Islanders tipped Orpik's shot into his face.


No, not really. It was always on the other side. Here is another one. I swear he had ten of these that season.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qtQ5Pf0qTDw


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAefFiVk3TU

His 3rd goal in this game was on the same side as the shot that hit him in the face.

In any regards, I would think part of it is the concussion, and more recently the shot to the jaw. Protect your assets.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,564
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Backs to the wall, time to win

Postby lemieuxReturns on Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:46 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:Just out of curiosity, what ever happened to the power play setup where Sid stands off to the side of the goal, and the point man shoots the puck for sids stick, and he deflects it onto the goal. That play worked at least ten times before he got steckeled and never has come out since.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=iacqytOVUjA


That was basically the play they were running when the Islanders tipped Orpik's shot into his face.


No, not really. It was always on the other side. Here is another one. I swear he had ten of these that season.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qtQ5Pf0qTDw


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAefFiVk3TU

His 3rd goal in this game was on the same side as the shot that hit him in the face.

In any regards, I would think part of it is the concussion, and more recently the shot to the jaw. Protect your assets.



Wow. Good memory. I guess I see your point about being careful, but we could use some of those deflections on rask right now.
lemieuxReturns
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,117
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:00 pm

Re: Backs to the wall, time to win

Postby Lt. Dish on Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:06 am

Seeking out horrific Boston pro sports chokes has become my new favorite hobby. It's keeping me busy, as there really are many, and no Boston team is unblemished.

Did you know...Charlie Sheen once purchased the "Buckner Ball" at auction? That's a whole lot of catastrophic meltdown goodness to choke on right there.

Wanted: Candidates for a Bruins own goal

Let's go, Pens!

Source: http://web.archive.org/web/200703130323 ... 6207.story
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,518
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: Following Geno on Instagram

Re: Backs to the wall, time to win

Postby Elementary Penguin on Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:55 am

Even the most die-hard fan has to admit that if the Bruins keep playing like they are, and the Pens don't remarkably improve, the Pens have little realistic hope. However, it can be done. And if you are going to go for it, having the two most skilled players in the world on your team helps. Hell, maybe Campbell was the linchpin for the B's and they fall apart without him. IF they can turn it around and get rolling, they can win 4 games against the Bruins. It's just going to take a lot of the right things falling into place.

The ONE good thing (and I mean the only one) about your team being down 3-0... if they make it happen, it's historical.
Elementary Penguin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:37 am
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: Backs to the wall, time to win

Postby rgj on Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:22 am

LET'S GO PENS!!! "BUCKNER" BOSTON!!!
rgj
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,002
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:11 am

Re: Backs to the wall, time to win

Postby Eismann on Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:22 am

DudeMan2766 wrote:Penguins come back,
Any kinda fool could see,
That Igin-la,
Neeeeeds to be on right wing

Penguins come back,
You can blame it all-on-Dan
Or he's gonnnne,
And Fleuryyyy's right behind him..




But do the Pens have any Players to make it happen?

You see what I did there.

You see it, don't cha?
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,302
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:14 am
Location: Somebody's funny nightmare

Re: Backs to the wall, time to win

Postby thepittman on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:07 am

Conquest of the cup begins tonight, everything else is the past
thepittman
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,098
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 3:52 pm
Location: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Re: Backs to the wall, time to win

Postby Admin on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:22 am

Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 10,805
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:04 am

Re: Backs to the wall, time to win

Postby ExPatriatePen on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:29 am

Admin wrote:
Spoiler:


Why are all of the Male characters in Peanuts "Folically challenged"?
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,719
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: Backs to the wall, time to win

Postby midd on Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:14 pm

The Pens will win tonight. Even tho they lost game three (thanks to "the hook"), the tide turned for them. They settled down and started playing Penguins' hockey. You could sense that they were going to score right around the time Kunitz put it in. They started possessing the puck and started to sustain multiple scoring chances. It will carry over tonight and the Pens will prevail.
midd
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:50 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Backs to the wall, time to win

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:22 pm

I just ask that they force a game 5. A home game. Please.

The first goal in this game will be huge. A lucky bounce off a skate is all that separated the Pens from winning a close 1-0 game on Wednesday. Vokoun is playing equal to Rask, so if the bounces turn around...they won 3 in a row, why can't we?
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,181
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:31 pm

Re: Backs to the wall, time to win

Postby FallenHero96 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:42 pm

Yeah!!! We can win!! I believe in miracles!!










Spoiler:
Bruins holding that broom, and we're swept in 4 :(
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,631
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:39 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: Backs to the wall, time to win

Postby GSdrums87 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:50 pm

Just gotta get Sid and Geno going. They start netting some, there isn't a team in the league that's more dangerous when down 3-0 in a series. 1 game becomes 2, 2 becomes 3, and it's a whole new series.
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,149
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:53 pm

Re: Backs to the wall, time to win

Postby BigMcK on Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:00 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:
Admin wrote:
Spoiler:


Why are all of the Male characters in Peanuts "Folically challenged"?



Spoiler:
Image
BigMcK
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,988
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:23 pm
Location: Are you there, yet?

Re: Backs to the wall, time to win

Postby Lt. Dish on Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:08 pm

I'm renewing my assertion from exactly one month ago today:

Re: Emergency GDT Game 4 Pens Isles 05/07/2013
Post by Lt. Dish on Tue May 07, 2013 10:15 pm

I'll say this: I think if we survive this series, then we'll win the whole damn thing. No other team in the East is as fast (maybe TOR, but eh...) and can give us fits like these little Isle ******.




OK, really wrong about the "no other team gives us fits" part. Kept it in for context. The Bruins aren't super-speedy like the Isles, but they've sure given us fits. The Bruin-induced fits end tonight, please.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,518
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: Following Geno on Instagram

Re: Backs to the wall, time to win

Postby Rylan on Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:24 pm

Well, the Baby Pens did come back from a 3-0 deficit against the Baby Bruins. So, I mean lightning might strike twice.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,001
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Backs to the wall, time to win

Postby ExPatriatePen on Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:32 pm

Reelz just aired the Cheers episode where Eddie LeBec (Played by Jay Thomas) gets kissed by Calra and loses the Bruins game that night.

It's a omen!!!
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,719
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: Backs to the wall, time to win

Postby 71Aj66ax87 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:26 pm

no name wrote:LETS GO PENS. DO IT!!!!!

Win game 4 and see where it takes you.


I'm pretty sure if they won the place they would go is called game 5.Not much of a mystery.I would love to see them win game 4,but I'd be very surprised if they did.
71Aj66ax87
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,362
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:56 am
Location: A parallel universe called New Pittsburgh

Re: Backs to the wall, time to win

Postby 71Aj66ax87 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:27 pm

Admin wrote:


Good grief.
71Aj66ax87
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,362
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:56 am
Location: A parallel universe called New Pittsburgh

Re: Backs to the wall, time to win

Postby Guinness on Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:31 pm

Elementary Penguin wrote:Even the most die-hard fan has to admit that if the Bruins keep playing like they are, and the Pens don't remarkably improve, the Pens have little realistic hope. However, it can be done. And if you are going to go for it, having the two most skilled players in the world on your team helps. Hell, maybe Campbell was the linchpin for the B's and they fall apart without him. IF they can turn it around and get rolling, they can win 4 games against the Bruins. It's just going to take a lot of the right things falling into place.

The ONE good thing (and I mean the only one) about your team being down 3-0... if they make it happen, it's historical.


No, the Pens don't need to remarkably improve. Wat series are you watching? Granted, they're down 0-3, but they could be up 2-1 in this series with a couple breaks.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,330
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:30 am
Location: At the pub

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

e-mail