Backs to the wall, time to win

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Backs to the wall, time to win

Postby ExPatriatePen on Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:32 pm

Guinness wrote:
Elementary Penguin wrote:Even the most die-hard fan has to admit that if the Bruins keep playing like they are, and the Pens don't remarkably improve, the Pens have little realistic hope. However, it can be done. And if you are going to go for it, having the two most skilled players in the world on your team helps. Hell, maybe Campbell was the linchpin for the B's and they fall apart without him. IF they can turn it around and get rolling, they can win 4 games against the Bruins. It's just going to take a lot of the right things falling into place.

The ONE good thing (and I mean the only one) about your team being down 3-0... if they make it happen, it's historical.

No, the Pens don't need to remarkably improve. Wat series are you watching? Granted, they're down 0-3, but they could be up 2-1 in this series with a couple breaks.

Well, if they go two and one over the next three games, the seasons over.

But I get your point.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: Backs to the wall, time to win

Postby Guinness on Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:35 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:
Guinness wrote:
Elementary Penguin wrote:Even the most die-hard fan has to admit that if the Bruins keep playing like they are, and the Pens don't remarkably improve, the Pens have little realistic hope. However, it can be done. And if you are going to go for it, having the two most skilled players in the world on your team helps. Hell, maybe Campbell was the linchpin for the B's and they fall apart without him. IF they can turn it around and get rolling, they can win 4 games against the Bruins. It's just going to take a lot of the right things falling into place.

The ONE good thing (and I mean the only one) about your team being down 3-0... if they make it happen, it's historical.

No, the Pens don't need to remarkably improve. Wat series are you watching? Granted, they're down 0-3, but they could be up 2-1 in this series with a couple breaks.

Well, if they go two and one over the next three games, the seasons over.

But I get your point.

I was only addressing the idea that the series has been so lop-sidedly in favor of the B's that PGH need to "remarkably" improve.

Granted, they now MUST be perfect, to move on. That being said, it's not so out of the realm of possibilities that it would be a completely unforeseen occurrence.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins