Time to re-assess the "core"

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Time to re-assess the "core"

Postby Staggy on Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:09 pm

canaan wrote:So...

if you take the position that fleury should be traded or bought out, who do you make as a replacement? Miller? Luongo? where does that get you and at what price? People are quick to want to eliminate but do what to replace? this isnt meant to be snark, its an honest question.

What I would do? I would do whatever it takes to acquire Jonathan Bernier. It will likely take a lot but I believe he would be worth it. Then next season you have a 1A-1B situation with him and Vokoun, then fully hand Bernier the reigns in 2014.
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:10 pm

canaan wrote: im just talking with no real point.

Best way to do it.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ScottishPenguin on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:00 pm

Staggy wrote:What I would do? I would do whatever it takes to acquire Jonathan Bernier. It will likely take a lot but I believe he would be worth it. Then next season you have a 1A-1B situation with him and Vokoun, then fully hand Bernier the reigns in 2014.

As you say, Bernier is not going to come cheap, both in terms of trade and salary. He's a potential franchise goalie, but he has less than 100 NHL games, has never been a starter, and has never played anywhere other than LA. It's risky. I'm not sure how I feel about risky.
ScottishPenguin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins