When will it be over for you?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: When will it be over for you?

Postby skullman80 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:34 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:16.00

Ah, those were the dys

That was student rush pricing. I don't think the game even sold out to be honest.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:40 pm

iWonTheCup87 wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:I'm telling you, if the 2010 Flyers, who were banged up and done like dinner, could do it, then so can the 2013 Pens. Sure, the chances are slim, but I witnessed first hand that series change one shift, one period, one game at a time. It built on itself little by little.

It made me utterly sick then, and it gives me a glimmer of hope now.

i understand and you are right but how can anyone believe in this team right now? I know we played hard last night but look how hard we had to work to buy a goal and if its that hard to score all series along with us getting no bounces then i dont see how we would go 4 straight games without having one game where we play like last night and lose.

Exactly. I thought we played a hard game. But it wasn't enough. Sure, we could have been more lucky with the posts, but Bruins are gooood.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:43 pm

Gaucho wrote:I doesn't make sense really. In 2008 and 2009, when Staal, Crosby, Fleury, and Malkin were all in the early 20s they made it to the Finals twice. Since then their supporting cast has become better and better, but somehow the results aren't there.

And it's not like the East has been full of tough teams lately. I totally agree that we have been getting better on paper, yet we can't do crap in the playoffs. Only thing I can think of is the coaching. Even if some of our players may be babies or Fleury may struggle, an improved system and more discipline would do wonders for this team.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:58 pm

Win Game 4. That should be their focus, right now. Win Game 4 and you get to play another day. Screw any thoughts about Game 5, Game 6, **** that...because they don't exist. You have to win to play again.

They played incredibly hard last night and I am proud of that effort. Make Rask save 50 more to beat you again. They can do it, it's just a matter if they really believe it too.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby IMFC on Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:24 pm

Sarcastic wrote:
iWonTheCup87 wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:I'm telling you, if the 2010 Flyers, who were banged up and done like dinner, could do it, then so can the 2013 Pens. Sure, the chances are slim, but I witnessed first hand that series change one shift, one period, one game at a time. It built on itself little by little.

i understand and you are right but how can anyone believe in this team right now? I know we played hard last night but look how hard we had to work to buy a goal and if its that hard to score all series along with us getting no bounces then i dont see how we would go 4 straight games without having one game where we play like last night and lose.

Exactly. I thought we played a hard game. But it wasn't enough. Sure, we could have been more lucky with the posts, but Bruins are gooood.

Yeah, they won their division and really hammered the leafs. Kings and Hawks might just concede the finals paralyzed in fear.
IMFC
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Hawkeynut on Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:38 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:When the clock hits 0:00 in the final period of the final pens game.

:thumb: :thumb:
Hawkeynut
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby tscottw56 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:51 pm

Three days after I'm dead. My brain will still be remembering the always entertaining Penguins. I don't want to watch the Devils, or the Kings, or the Wild. I want to watch exciting north/ south hockey. Win or lose. They had a great season. They still have at least one more game to play and hopefully more. And there's next season too. Enjoy the ride.......not just the destination. Shame on all of you "fans" !!!
tscottw56
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby tscottw56 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:51 pm

Three days after I'm dead. My brain will still be remembering the always entertaining Penguins. I don't want to watch the Devils, or the Kings, or the Wild. I want to watch exciting north/ south hockey. Win or lose. They had a great season. They still have at least one more game to play and hopefully more. And there's next season too. Enjoy the ride.......not just the destination. Shame on all of you "fans" !!!
tscottw56
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:25 pm

This series? Admittedly, last night when I woke up at 140, checked my phone, grunted resignedly, and went back to bed. If they pull a rabbit out of their ass, fantastic, but I was well over it last night.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Old Time Hockey on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:39 pm

Im 2 and 0 when I havent watched the playoff games this year due to concerts. Im going to see Kevin James and his comedy show tomorrow, so I hope this helps out!
Old Time Hockey
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Sarcastic on Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:14 pm

IMFC wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:
iWonTheCup87 wrote:

Yeah, they won their division and really hammered the leafs. Kings and Hawks might just concede the finals paralyzed in fear.

I don't know what you mean by that. If you don't think Bruins are a good team then you haven't followed them the last few years. If someone in the West is even better, it doesn't take that fact away from the Bruins and is pretty irrelevant to what I'm saying. Furthermore, if Boston aren't a quality team and they do eliminate us, then what does that mean.. that there are ZERO good teams in the East? I'm not going to go out of my way to discredit them because I'm angry Pens are losing.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby offsides on Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:37 pm

skullman80 wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:16.00

Ah, those were the dys

That was student rush pricing. I don't think the game even sold out to be honest.

When I was 16 the Penguins didn't even exist. :pop:
offsides
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby iWonTheCup87 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:51 pm

i still cannot believe we are down 3-0 it feels like a dream. How does this team let this happen 2 years in a row going down 3-0. I keep replaying the games and I need to stop. What a disappointing end to the season, at least win one freaking game my god if we are swept I am crawling into a hole. I havent read or looked at any sports site online the whole series because I know the amount of pens hate that is flowing right now and they are loving it. Makes me sick

it also pains me to watch the Kings fight back hard to tie the series and we are dead in the water. Just depressing
Last edited by iWonTheCup87 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iWonTheCup87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby shmenguin on Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:51 pm

Old Time Hockey wrote:Im 2 and 0 when I havent watched the playoff games this year due to concerts. Im going to see Kevin James and his comedy show tomorrow, so I hope this helps out!

The epitome of taking one for the team
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SoupOrSam on Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:31 am

I also believe it was over when MAF let in that first goal 8.2 seconds after Sutter scored. That was such a bi-polar 10 seconds for me. I was so happy when Sutter scored. I watched Cooke or someone go and take himself out of position and then saw the typical Penguins D of just backing off and it was like in slow motion. I just knew that little piece of crap was going to rip it by. Sure enough he did. It was like getting kicked in the twins.
SoupOrSam
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: Wanna fight? Why don't you stick your head up my butt and fight for air.

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins