Pertaining to the GDT for ECF game 4.

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Pertaining to the GDT for ECF game 4.

Postby FreeCandy44 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:41 am

Can we please just have one thread where we are fans and enjoy the team we love? The previous threads have become almost unbearable to post in and let alone read. If this is possibly the last game of the season, why not celebrate our favorite team and the sport we love? Hell we are lucky that we even had a season this year. There will be plenty of time to complain when this season is done. But for now, for game 4 and hopefully the others to come...can we please be cool with each other and keep the bile to a minimum? I apologize if this was a unnecessary post, but after dodging all the fire this and give up on that threads, it seems like a worthwhile post.

LETS GO PENS
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Pertaining to the GDT for ECF game 4.

Postby Godric on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:44 am

no
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby CERV96 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:26 am

I yelled at one poster in the game 3 thread due to constant bashing of Crosby some of it was deserving I am sure. The poster left after I said something. I kinda felt bad.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby bhaw on Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:37 am

Godric wrote:no
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby bhaw on Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:38 am

We can't have nice things, and you know it.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Staggy on Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:59 am

I like the idea but it would never be possible.
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Daniel87 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:37 am

Pens have a better chance of winning 4 straight.
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby DelPen on Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:42 am

I'll make a deal, only mention the good things you see on ice. Then no one will be posting anything.

It's a game discussion, there's a few who only post when things suck but when a couple dozen people all call out Letang for beng an idiot for example it belongs in a game day thread.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:51 am

All I gotta say is lol
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:22 am

I know people can go overboard at times, but why can't you say the team is playing like **** if they are playing like **** in the GDT? I don't think the Game 3 GDT was that bad(there are a few posters that only post negative stuff). The game 2 GDT was bad at times, but the team was playing like hot trash.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby no name on Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:33 am

I believe, its all i have left.

Just win this next game, x4
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby penny lane on Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:05 am

no name wrote:I believe, its all i have left.

Just win this next game, x4

:thumb:

Wearing with pride my penguins shirt~ let's go pens.
Last edited by penny lane on Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby FreeCandy44 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:11 am

Im not saying you can't post something negative, just don't go overboard. As the playoffs have progressed, you can't tell me the threads haven't gone down hill.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:17 am

I stopped going into GDTs years ago because they're always unbearable.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby RisslingsMissingTeeth on Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:31 am

FreeCandy44 wrote:Im not saying you can't post something negative, just don't go overboard. As the playoffs have progressed, you can't tell me the threads haven't gone down hill.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that is because the play has gone downhill?

Seriously though, I have never seen anything wrong with people criticizing a team they love. It comes from frustration and caring. They have the same heart as the optimists, they just want to win.
RisslingsMissingTeeth
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby since1970 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:36 am

GDT's might be the most fun on these boards. I can't tell you how many times I burst out in laughter from what I read. I pull for the guys to win and swear at the guys I think aren't playing like they should, but I'm astonished at the raw emotion people display. I picture some of the posters kicking the dog and breaking furniture, it's a game, and guess what, if they lose tonight we get to start this all over in 4 months, that's the fun of sports you get a do over every new season, so scream and yell and act like you're gonna take the bridge, but remember come October we start it all back up again, so be ready, and to those who take the antics so seriously..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k
since1970
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pronovost19 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:37 am

Too late for negativity and anger now. I think the GDT will be calm, even if our boys bow out with their tails between their legs. Easy to remember that their will only be one fan base that gets to watch their team hoist the trophy. It is reality.
pronovost19
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:39 am

pronovost19 wrote:Too late for negativity and anger now. I think the GDT will be calm, even if our boys bow out with their tails between their legs. Easy to remember that their will only be one fan base that gets to watch their team hoist the trophy. It is reality.

Yes. We are well past the stage of anger at this point. I predict resigned sarcasm tonight.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby iWonTheCup87 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:48 am

shafnutz05 wrote:
pronovost19 wrote:Too late for negativity and anger now. I think the GDT will be calm, even if our boys bow out with their tails between their legs. Easy to remember that their will only be one fan base that gets to watch their team hoist the trophy. It is reality.

Yes. We are well past the stage of anger at this point. I predict resigned sarcasm tonight.

this sounds about right. It got to the point where I have 0 expectations and I expect a horrible heart breaking loss so if we win itll be a bonus. But I also will not jump for joy if we win one game because Itll only make me realize that the series should be 2-2 at the least. I might just sit there and just not say a word tonight and just watch. :pop:
iWonTheCup87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pronovost19 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:50 am

iWonTheCup87 wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:

this sounds about right. It got to the point where I have 0 expectations and I expect a horrible heart breaking loss so if we win itll be a bonus. But I also will not jump for joy if we win one game because Itll only make me realize that the series should be 2-2 at the least. I might just sit there and just not say a word tonight and just watch. :pop:

The anti-post GDT...brilliant! Everyone do it! :twisted:
pronovost19
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby relantel on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:01 pm

this is why we stay in chat during the game.

EDIT: not really. Just too time consuming to wade through most GDTs anymore.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Antonio on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:04 pm

RisslingsMissingTeeth wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:Im not saying you can't post something negative, just don't go overboard. As the playoffs have progressed, you can't tell me the threads haven't gone down hill.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that is because the play has gone downhill?

Seriously though, I have never seen anything wrong with people criticizing a team they love. It comes from frustration and caring. They have the same heart as the optimists, they just want to win.

I approve of 100% of this post.
Antonio
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby shmenguin on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:16 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:I stopped going into GDTs years ago because they're always unbearable.

They're far and away the best way to polish your foe list. Figured they'd be right up your alley.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:22 pm

shmenguin wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:I stopped going into GDTs years ago because they're always unbearable.

They're far and away the best way to polish your foe list. Figured they'd be right up your alley.

I don't ignore people who annoy me, I ignore people who repeatedly freak out because i'm "bullying" them, so that it becomes impossible for me to do so...and yes, the occasional karl_racki or netwolf of the board.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins