If you've given up, get out...

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: If you've given up, get out...

Postby topshelf on Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:51 am

PensFaninRegina wrote:Is there a team better suited to the reverse sweep than the 2013 Pittsburgh Penguins? At one point in the season they won 15 straight games. They hold the top 2 longest winning streaks in NHL history.

They are playing one of only 3 teams to lose after being up 3-0, and could be the first team in NHL history to both win a series being down 3-0, and lose a series after being up 3-0.

BELIEVE!

YES!

topshelf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby slipshod on Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:52 am

The past does not equal the future. One game at a time. Possible? Hell yes.
slipshod
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby topshelf on Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:57 am

slipshod wrote:The past does not equal the future. One game at a time. Possible? Hell yes.

HELL YES!

History means nothing. Coming back from 0-3 may have only happened three other times, but we're a team that writes history.

Up until this year, only two teams have ever won at least 15 straight games. We had not problem rewriting that history.

One shift at a time, boys.

Let's Go Pens!
topshelf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby PensFaninRegina on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:05 am

topshelf wrote:
slipshod wrote:The past does not equal the future. One game at a time. Possible? Hell yes.

HELL YES!

History means nothing. Coming back from 0-3 may have only happened three other times, but we're a team that writes history.

Up until this year, only two teams have ever won at least 15 straight games. We had not problem rewriting that history.

One shift at a time, boys.

Let's Go Pens!

Technically still only 2 teams have ever won 15+ straight :) We just did it twice
We are also the first team in NHL history to have 3 striaght seasons with 10+ straight wins.

This team knows how to go on runs, and has done in many times over the past few seasons. What has happened up to today doesn't matter, the Penguins are talented enough to win 4 straight. IT STARTS TONIGHT! BELIEVE!
PensFaninRegina
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Richard Zemlak on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:08 am

It's all about defensive structure, discipline, using your support and making the safe plays against a Boston team who rarely makes mistakes. In other words, the Pens need a repeat performance of Game 3, they played fantastic. I mean how many posts can you hit for pete's sake? Vokoun obviously needs to maintain his stellar performance from Game 3 also. Also, Rask is just so damn hard to beat right now, it might make sense to look for that extra pass. I normally wouldn't say that as I always support just getting the puck on net but...
Richard Zemlak
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby SubtropicalPenguin on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:09 am

Well, I came into this series thinking the Pens could sweep, so why not believe they can rattle off four wins in a row now? History is waiting, go get it! LETS GO PENS!
SubtropicalPenguin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby sil on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:22 am

sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pens9192 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:28 am

I can really see the Pens winning tonight. Heck, they won Games 4 and 5 against Philly last year after the Pens were down 3-0 in the series including that 10-3 Game 4. If that team can do it, then this year's team can do it.

I don't know, I just have a feeling the Pens can win at least two games if they play like they did in Game 3. The Pens need near perfect games from here on out, no taking a period off.
pens9192
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Lt. Dish on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:36 am

I'm hearing from some Flyers fans who are quite nervous at the possibility of the Pens duplicating the Flyers' 2010 accomplishment. It wouldn't even cross their minds had they not seen their team pull it off themselves. If a team can do it, this Pens team can.

Coming back would be the ultimate troll move!

I haven't wanted a win so bad since...OK, OK, since his past Wednesday. :wink: :lol:
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby bdevido on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:41 am

this thread is hilarious. we have 2 goals in 4 games and you people think we will win 4 and a row? is it possible, i suppose, but its also possible aliens exist.
bdevido
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby PensFaninRegina on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:45 am

bdevido wrote:this thread is hilarious. we have 2 goals in 4 games and you people think we will win 4 and a row? is it possible, i suppose, but its also possible aliens exist.

See - there is the problem. You've already assumed a shutout tonight. Not happening - Pens score 4 and win 4-2
Game 5 - Pens in 3-1
Game 6 - Pens win 1-0
Game 7 - Pens unload and win 7-2
PensFaninRegina
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby bdevido on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:48 am

i didn't assume a shutout tonight; actually i wouldn't be surprised if they win tonight but 3 more after that? hopefully i'm wrong but i just don't see it we are getting dominated in every aspect of the game.
bdevido
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:50 am

PensFaninRegina wrote:
bdevido wrote:this thread is hilarious. we have 2 goals in 4 games and you people think we will win 4 and a row? is it possible, i suppose, but its also possible aliens exist.

See - there is the problem. You've already assumed a shutout tonight. Not happening - Pens score 4 and win 4-2
Game 5 - Pens in 3-1
Game 6 - Pens win 1-0
Game 7 - Pens unload and win 7-2

Also, the Pens have 2 goals in 3 games. If you want to go back 4 games, they have 8 goals in 4 games. Thats enough to beat the B's 4 times.
Last edited by Idoit40fans on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Lt. Dish on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:50 am

:) What harm does a little positivity do? The odds are the odds, what's past is past, and there's nothing we fans can do about either. There's also a distinction between saying they can versus saying they will.

They can. That's as factual as any other reality we're dealing with here.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby PensFaninRegina on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:55 am

bdevido wrote:i didn't assume a shutout tonight; actually i wouldn't be surprised if they win tonight but 3 more after that? hopefully i'm wrong but i just don't see it we are getting dominated in every aspect of the game.

You said 2 goals in 4 games :) Tonight is game 4.
PensFaninRegina
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pitts on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:58 am

One game at a time brutha!

Get one, plant the seed of doubt in them Broons. Go from there.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pitts on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:59 am

bdevido wrote:i didn't assume a shutout tonight; actually i wouldn't be surprised if they win tonight but 3 more after that? hopefully i'm wrong but i just don't see it we are getting dominated in every aspect of the game.

You are not allowed in this thread. Please leave immediately.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:59 am

Pitts wrote:One game at a time brutha!

Get one, plant the seed of doubt in them Broons. Go from there.

I thought that said Brooms for a second. Either way, get out.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Antonio on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:07 pm

At a bare minimum, I want at least 1 win, so we get 1 more at home, generating at least another 1million or so for the team, making it that much easier to buy Fleury out from a financial perspective. One win could increase the long term health of the franchise. :pop:
Antonio
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Lt. Dish on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:09 pm

Antonio wrote:At a bare minimum, I want at least 1 win, so we get 1 more at home, generating at least another 1million or so for the team, making it that much easier to buy Fleury out from a financial perspective. One win could increase the long term health of the franchise. :pop:

That's not quiiiiite the spirit we're looking for, Antonio, and it's apparent you know that... 8-)
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Desiato on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:16 pm

Excellent post, Topshelf. I believe. Even if I didn't, I'd still be here for the ride. The Pens don't owe me anything.

Maybe Admin can create a quitters thread to move the relevant posts to before launching them into the sun.
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:25 pm

We shouldn't even be thinking about winning the series yet. Just win 1 game. That's all they can do, win 1 and you get to live to fight another day. I hope our guys show some heart tonight, for each other's and the fans' sake.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby blackjack68 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:27 pm

Apparently, you missed the thread title.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Lt. Dish on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:31 pm

Any word on Martin? Not seeing anything on Twitter. He missed the morning skate. We need him.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby RxBandit66 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:34 pm

The longer the Pens can stay alive in the series, the better chance they have of pulling off the upset. Boston can't be expected to have any letdowns, they're too good, but no team can sustain this type of play AND get all the bounces for very long. If the Pens make Boston earn it, go out and skate hard, maybe get a few early goals, they'll have to open up a bit and the Pens will have more room to skate.

If the Pens win tonight it will be no big deal, but if they win game 5, every Boston fan and player will be thinking back to 2010. It's just human nature. At that point it will become a series in which one team has nothing to lose and the other has every reason to panic.
RxBandit66
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins