Some people just don't get it

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Some people just don't get it

Postby MarioLives on Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:40 pm

Maybe it is me, but my wife does not understand why I am so sad today...... Why do the Pens mean so much to me?? She is irratated that I am so upset.
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Some people just don't get it

Postby Guinness on Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:42 pm

I wouldn't let it affect your actual life, dude.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby MarioLives on Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:44 pm

Guinness wrote:I wouldn't let it affect your actual life, dude.

You are probably right....
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby skullman80 on Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:51 pm

I was emotionally checked out about 20 minutes after the game. Didn't even think about it today. I don't let it bother me like I used to. Its just a game just entertainment. Life goes on. Its a beautiful day outside. Can't complain.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby penny lane on Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:49 pm

I have a bro in law~ like a brother. He watches and reads enough of the pens to push the right buttons.
Loves to argue. Not seeming him for a week . :D

After game 2, I knew something left them, and it was not coming back.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kovy27 on Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:56 pm

skullman80 wrote:I was emotionally checked out about 20 minutes after the game. Didn't even think about it today. I don't let it bother me like I used to. Its just a game just entertainment. Life goes on. Its a beautiful day outside. Can't complain.

No matter what happens, you still have to get up and go to work on Monday. End of story.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PhantomJB93 on Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:58 pm

To some people it's just entertainment, to other people it's more. My social life when I'm home for the summer pretty much revolves around the Pens and Bucs, it's just what my buddies and I do for fun, we get together and watch games and so when it's over it's extra sad.
PhantomJB93
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Kovy27 on Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:02 pm

PhantomJB93 wrote:To some people it's just entertainment, to other people it's more. My social life when I'm home for the summer pretty much revolves around the Pens and Bucs, it's just what my buddies and I do for fun, we get together and watch games and so when it's over it's extra sad.

I love the Pens and Buccos. It sucks when they lose...but hell, I have a great life and that's more important. If the lockout would have lasted all year, I would have been bored but life doesn't stop.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:15 pm

I watch hockey because I love the sport. Losing sucks, but losing is a part of sports. Everything else in life will still be there in the morning.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby heshootsandscores on Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:19 pm

I am sad today too. Hockey is the best sport in the world. But it is just a game, so now I will focus on the the sunshine and enjoy the summer!

How many days till training camp???
heshootsandscores
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby MarioLives on Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:47 pm

Thanks guys! True dat
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Sarcastic on Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:53 pm

MarioLives wrote:Maybe it is me, but my wife does not understand why I am so sad today...... Why do the Pens mean so much to me?? She is irratated that I am so upset.

My 'upset' has turned into 'loathing'. Unless they fire that dumb coach and start taking things seriously, I'll be a casual Pens' fan next year.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:53 pm

heshootsandscores wrote:How many days till training camp???

I really couldn't give a damn.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby penguinsbabex25 on Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:33 pm

I'm just pissed I won't be able to watch the finals now.

....well I probably will, but with a heavy heart.
penguinsbabex25

Postby shmenguin on Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:12 pm

i've been less and less affected by hockey since 2010. at that point, this team showed that they weren't the exceptional group that i thought they were in 08 and 09. expectations have been lower and lower every year as it's become more obvious. ultimately, they're like any other team - just more fun to watch when the games don't matter. i guess i'll probably still watch every game next year, but for the first time in a while, i'm not sure of it. that's partly due to what's happened on the ice and partly due to having a kid. in the rare free moments i have when i'm home, i don't know if this is the best way to spend them.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:18 pm

Life goes on...
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Boogeyman on Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:59 pm

shmenguin wrote:i've been less and less affected by hockey since 2010. at that point, this team showed that they weren't the exceptional group that i thought they were in 08 and 09. expectations have been lower and lower every year as it's become more obvious. ultimately, they're like any other team - just more fun to watch when the games don't matter. i guess i'll probably still watch every game next year, but for the first time in a while, i'm not sure of it. that's partly due to what's happened on the ice and partly due to having a kid. in the rare free moments i have when i'm home, i don't know if this is the best way to spend them.

Spot on.

As a small child in the 80's who went to practices and games regularly to the present day (not going to practices or games lol)... I feel I have enough cred as a fan to say that I've been disenchanted with this team for a few years now. Having played the game, albeit at a much lower level, I understand what has transpired over the last 5 years. It's hard to find that spark and enthusiasm for this team in it's current state.

The masses will see a roster with Crosby and Malkin and automatically believe championships are possible year in and year out. Those of us who see things from a different point of view know that we have a serious issue with how the Pittsburgh Penguins go about playing the game in the post season. Until the philosophy changes, well, you already know the outcome. Why invest yourself so heavily?

I remember the days of jumping out of my seat in a firey frenzy when this team had a big moment, or feeling down for weeks when things got ugly. Now, I have neither. I'm numb. I changed the channel immediately after game 4 closed out and went about my night no worse for the wear.
Last edited by Boogeyman on Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Boogeyman
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby offsides on Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:01 pm

Kovy27 wrote:
skullman80 wrote:I was emotionally checked out about 20 minutes after the game. Didn't even think about it today. I don't let it bother me like I used to. Its just a game just entertainment. Life goes on. Its a beautiful day outside. Can't complain.

No matter what happens, you still have to get up and go to work on Monday. End of story.

Unless you're retired, like me. It is pretty nice just being a :slug:
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby NashvilleCat on Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:08 pm

penguinsbabex25 wrote:I'm just pissed I won't be able to watch the finals now.

....well I probably will, but with a heavy heart.

Another year of coulda, woulda, shoulda.
NashvilleCat
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Kovy27 on Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:25 pm

offsides wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:

Unless you're retired, like me. It is pretty nice just being a :slug:

LOL. You win.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins