Letang Extended; 8 years 7.25mm, Limited no trade (15 teams)

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

If true:

Let him walk after next season and take a final run with him as #1 Dman
5%
Sign him and Malkin, rest of the roster be damned
5%
Sign him and trade Malkin/let Malkin walk
No votes
Trade Letang at draft/before season starts
83%
Shut up NAN
7%

Total votes : 243

Re: Letang Extended; 8 years 7.25mm, Limited no trade (15 te

Postby BuckintheLou on Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:42 am

Factorial wrote:
BuckintheLou wrote:I got no problem with the organization paying big bucks to talented, deserving players. However, this isn't justified for Letang. I can hear it now, "Oh Kris, you're a helluva guy for most of the year, who cares if you lose your head (sounds like Fleury) when we really need you. Tell you what, we're all about making you feel good. Sure, we'll pay whatever you want. You're one of us"! Falls right into the PC world we're living in. "Everyone's a winner". "Everyone gets a trophy". "No Tommy, you're not fat, just big boned. Have another Twinkie". Stop it. Ain't no way your #1 or #2 (honestly, he's no better than a #3) D man craps the bed when you need him most and a month later you give into his rediculous demands for a new contract. Shame on Ray-Ray (again). These boys dissapointedly exit the playoffs once again and the're rewarded with free candy. Can't be Disco's fault (who, BTW couldn't manage a McDonalds in Po-dunk, USA) though. He's been extended. Whoever coined this outfit as the 'Country Club' hit the nail on the head. I'm tired of hearing about "market value" and what other teams would pay for this guy or that guy. Fact is, if I did my job like he did his, I'd be out on my arse.
Ain't you supposed to bring your "A" game every dang night regardless of the size of your paycheck? Doesn't seem to happen much with this group (although there are exceptions; and one of 'em's in Minnesota!).
Please help me up. I just fell off my soapbox. But wooooooooooeeeeee! Do I feel better!!!

Sounds like you should get a new team.

Yeah, suppose I could get onboard with a low/no expectation club. Reckon there's several to chose from.
BuckintheLou
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: Letang Extended; 8 years 7.25mm, Limited no trade (15 te

Postby BuckintheLou on Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:46 am

no name wrote:
BuckintheLou wrote:I got no problem with the organization paying big bucks to talented, deserving players. However, this isn't justified for Letang. I can hear it now, "Oh Kris, you're a helluva guy for most of the year, who cares if you lose your head (sounds like Fleury) when we really need you. Tell you what, we're all about making you feel good. Sure, we'll pay whatever you want. You're one of us"! Falls right into the PC world we're living in. "Everyone's a winner". "Everyone gets a trophy". "No Tommy, you're not fat, just big boned. Have another Twinkie". Stop it. Ain't no way your #1 or #2 (honestly, he's no better than a #3) D man craps the bed when you need him most and a month later you give into his rediculous demands for a new contract. Shame on Ray-Ray (again). These boys dissapointedly exit the playoffs once again and the're rewarded with free candy. Can't be Disco's fault (who, BTW couldn't manage a McDonalds in Po-dunk, USA) though. He's been extended. Whoever coined this outfit as the 'Country Club' hit the nail on the head. I'm tired of hearing about "market value" and what other teams would pay for this guy or that guy. Fact is, if I did my job like he did his, I'd be out on my arse.
Ain't you supposed to bring your "A" game every dang night regardless of the size of your paycheck? Doesn't seem to happen much with this group (although there are exceptions; and one of 'em's in Minnesota!).
Please help me up. I just fell off my soapbox. But wooooooooooeeeeee! Do I feel better!!!

The beauty is there is not a no trade clause... So if he doesn't live up to this contract or if we feel the pinch of this contract we can trade him and not only unload the money owed to him but get some assets in return.

Appreciate the 'pick-me-up'. Too much concerning contracts that I know absolutely 'JACK' about!
BuckintheLou
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins