Pascal Dupuis Expected Salary

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Pascal Dupuis Expected Salary

Postby SteelCityFan on Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:29 pm

Pascal reunites with Max. Philthy some how finds a way to offer him 4 years $16 mil
SteelCityFan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby SoCalPenguin on Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:38 pm

If Philly offered 4/16.....he'd have to take it. It wouldn't even be a close call.
SoCalPenguin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Boogeyman on Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:22 pm

This whole Dupuis situation reminds me of Ville Leino.
Boogeyman
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby no name on Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:31 am

I would feel better giving Duper a 2 year 8 million deal than having him on the books for 4 years even with a low cap hit.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby thehockeyguru on Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:06 pm

no name wrote:I would feel better giving Duper a 2 year 8 million deal than having him on the books for 4 years even with a low cap hit.

There is no way I would consider giving Dupuis 4M a year under any circumstance.
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Boogeyman on Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:38 pm

Jonathon Cheecho scored 56 goals within a season in this league, 37 the following year. Where is he now? Like I said above, this whole thing wreaks of what went down with Ville Leino a few years back. If Dupuis gets this 4-5 million dollar contract that's being thrown around, he better prepared to be hated the first 4 game stretch he goes with out point production.

You just don't pay a 34 year old career role player anything near 4 million dollars based on a few good seasons. You let someone else do it.

As far as intangibles and all the warm and fuzzy "glue guy" leader stuff with Dupuis... We acquired arguably two of the most well respected captains in the league and this team still pooped itself in spectacular fashion in the post season. All the while turning into a bunch of head cases. Dupuis or no Dupuis doesn't change a thing in that regard.

Furthermore, it's time to move on from this particular group of role players (Dupuis,Cooke,Kennedy,Adams etc.) If you are not going to change the coach or the system, then go out and get players who are hungry and new to the scheme.
Boogeyman
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby thehockeyguru on Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:08 am

IMO Kunitz is more valuable than Dupuis. Its going to be hard to justify paying Dupuis more than 3.75M. Personally I wouldn't go higher than 3.25/3.50.
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby taz71 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:18 am

thehockeyguru wrote:IMO Kunitz is more valuable than Dupuis. Its going to be hard to justify paying Dupuis more than 3.75M. Personally I wouldn't go higher than 3.25/3.50.

Well said even more so after Kunitz resigned sets a salary limit for Duper to stay with the Pens. Closer to Kunitz for 2 years. I actually like 2.5-3 for 4 years keep kunitz sid duper together for 4 more years
taz71
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Beveridge on Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:15 am

Question for someone who knows more about contracts and the CBA.

Could the Pens give Dupuis a one year contract at 2 million and then turn around and offer him an extension a month later 3 years 12 million? Or would that fall under "against the spirit of the rules" and not be allowed?

Give him his money, but have it be in future years where cap will go up.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby CERV96 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:35 am

Beveridge wrote:Question for someone who knows more about contracts and the CBA.

Could the Pens give Dupuis a one year contract at 2 million and then turn around and offer him an extension a month later 3 years 12 million? Or would that fall under "against the spirit of the rules" and not be allowed?

Give him his money, but have it be in future years where cap will go up.

It would fall under against the spirit. Rumor has it Tampa wanted to send Lacavalier(sp) to Toronto so they could buy him out and the Lightning were going to re sign him at a cheaper rate. The league turned down the move. Cause under the CBA if you buy out a player you can not re sign him for one year.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby brwi on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:57 am

Boogeyman wrote:Jonathon Cheecho scored 56 goals within a season in this league, 37 the following year. Where is he now? Like I said above, this whole thing wreaks of what went down with Ville Leino a few years back. If Dupuis gets this 4-5 million dollar contract that's being thrown around, he better prepared to be hated the first 4 game stretch he goes with out point production.

You just don't pay a 34 year old career role player anything near 4 million dollars based on a few good seasons. You let someone else do it.

As far as intangibles and all the warm and fuzzy "glue guy" leader stuff with Dupuis... We acquired arguably two of the most well respected captains in the league and this team still pooped itself in spectacular fashion in the post season. All the while turning into a bunch of head cases. Dupuis or no Dupuis doesn't change a thing in that regard.

Furthermore, it's time to move on from this particular group of role players (Dupuis,Cooke,Kennedy,Adams etc.) If you are not going to change the coach or the system, then go out and get players who are hungry and new to the scheme.

I think you are conveniently forgetting that Cheechoo could not skate at all and got even worse. One thing about Dupuis is that he's a skilled and fast skater, something that scrub Cheechoo never was at all.

Why not pull up Robbie Brown if you're going to talk about a guys like Cheechoo who cannot skate and cannot play two-way hockey whatsoever or would ever see a second on a PK? Dupuis is not one of those guys. He brings a lot more to the table.
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby taz71 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:27 pm

Dupuis at his age is in some of the best shape on this team. I would feel comfortable signing him for 4 years
taz71
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Beveridge on Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:29 pm

As someone else pointed out, I get a decent vibe from the fact we haven't heard anything about Dupuis negotiations. I mean he isn't a trade chip like Staal was or Letang is, but mum as been the word.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins