Crosby/Chara

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Crosby/Chara

Postby Defence21 on Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:32 am

SDPen77 wrote:Anytime someone punches you in the face you are going to be upset, hockey game or not. I think that the idea of Chara trying to re-injury Sid is is most disappointing. Crosby is the Captain but I wonder why his teammates did not defend him? Maybe opposing teams would not go after Sid as much if his teammates offered some protection. That is one of the things that bother me about this team.

They didn't defend him because it wasn't that obvious within the context oft he game. We're just learning about this two weeks after the fact, and there was a comment that the Penguins had to dig to find any kind of evidence. It's one thing to avoid sticking up for a teammate when something is flat out obvious. It's another thing when no one saw it in the first place.
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,863
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:01 pm
Location: Johnstown, PA

Re: Crosby/Chara

Postby Kovy27 on Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:44 am

Defence21 wrote:
SDPen77 wrote:Anytime someone punches you in the face you are going to be upset, hockey game or not. I think that the idea of Chara trying to re-injury Sid is is most disappointing. Crosby is the Captain but I wonder why his teammates did not defend him? Maybe opposing teams would not go after Sid as much if his teammates offered some protection. That is one of the things that bother me about this team.

They didn't defend him because it wasn't that obvious within the context oft he game. We're just learning about this two weeks after the fact, and there was a comment that the Penguins had to dig to find any kind of evidence. It's one thing to avoid sticking up for a teammate when something is flat out obvious. It's another thing when no one saw it in the first place.


and I believe it led to Malkin fighting Bergeron later that period. However, no one ever sticks up for each other on this team. Trade them all.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,685
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Re: Crosby/Chara

Postby SpartanPenguins on Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:51 am

Was it dirty? yeah
does every team have a guy that does stuff like that? yeah

would everyone here love Chara if he was a Penguin? that is a yes too. That was a low move, but he is still probably the best defenseman in the league
SpartanPenguins
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:18 am

Re: Crosby/Chara

Postby marek on Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:25 pm

Nah... Shrek never means to hurt anyone... Lol

What comes around goes around... i.e. Chris Pronger
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,777
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:44 am
Location: The Farms, La Jolla California

Re: Crosby/Chara

Postby IanMoran on Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:25 pm

I truly believe the whole "SID LOSING HIS COMPOSURE" thing is the most overrated thing I can currently think of.

When things like that happen, it seems to be random / inconsequential on how a player does after, but we either turn it into "MOTIVATED" or "LOST HIS MIND."
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,985
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 12:10 am
Location: Minneapolis, via Pittsburgh

Re: Crosby/Chara

Postby topshelf66 on Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:34 pm

Until I saw that, I was rooting for Boston. Now I definitely don't want to see that jack hole be handed the cup.
topshelf66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 847
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 2:24 pm
Location: The Palace Hotel Ballroom.

Re: Crosby/Chara

Postby Wjsan on Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:43 pm

Total scumbag!
Wjsan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:56 am

Re: Crosby/Chara

Postby She'sTheFastest on Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:49 pm

Ask Max Pachioretty (SP) what kind of human being and hockey player Zdeno Chara is.
She'sTheFastest
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,501
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:41 pm

Re: Crosby/Chara

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:13 am

Weren't they on a pp at the time?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,536
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: Crosby/Chara

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:14 am

She'sTheFastest wrote:Ask Max Pachioretty (SP) what kind of human being and hockey player Zdeno Chara is.


I still don't see how that was intentional.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,536
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: Crosby/Chara

Postby stopper40 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:32 am

Idoit40fans wrote:
She'sTheFastest wrote:Ask Max Pachioretty (SP) what kind of human being and hockey player Zdeno Chara is.


I still don't see how that was intentional.


I have no doubt that it was intentional. He had saw an opportunity and he took it
stopper40
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,880
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:51 am
Location: BANNED for liking Butterfingers

Re: Crosby/Chara

Postby sil on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:35 am

I've come across few things that are as divided as that Chara hit on Max. It's seems like it's 50/50 right down the middle. I really don't have any personal bias against Chara at all (and still don't, really), but I always thought he knew what he was doing on that play and should've have faced serious discipline for it.

Good news is that Max looks good and healthy, where as that hit (at the time) looked like it could've been career ending.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,021
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:05 pm
Location: the Juice Case manufacturing plant

Re: Crosby/Chara

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:37 am

I have no doubt that it was just a normal hit. Same hit anywhere else on the ice happens all the time and no one cares. It was an unfortunate outcome.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,536
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: Crosby/Chara

Postby meow on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:44 am

Chara definitely knew he was going to hit Patches into the stanchion, but I highly doubt he was trying to BREAK HIS NECK.
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,989
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Crosby/Chara

Postby shoeshine boy on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:33 am

Asked about the punch and shown the footage by TSN, Chara denied the incident, emphasizing he wasn’t penalized on the play.


this is awesome news!!!!! by Chara's logic Cooke's hit on Savard never happened. Cooke wasn't penalized so there's nothing for the Bruins to ***** about anymore!
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,416
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:44 am
Location: me, 3 years Super League

Re: Crosby/Chara

Postby topshelf on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:52 am

When I first saw this video, I was pretty outraged. I even called Chara a dirt bag on the front page of this thread. After watching and reading about it, and after being inundated with "that stuff happens all of the time" and whatnot, I've calmed down. These things do happen, and guys get punched and knocked around all the time.

What does bother me, however, is how the media portrayed Sid as "losing it" when he went after Chara, and there for a "baby" for whining and overreacting. Then we find out he was hit in the recently healed jaw, and he is called a "baby" for whining about being popped during a scrum. He can't win. Isn't a guy who gets sucker punched and then goes after the guy (who is a foot taller than him) who did the punching the polar opposite of a baby?
topshelf
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,600
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Florida

Re: Crosby/Chara

Postby Getting To My Game on Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:48 am

This is the absolute definition of a non-story. As others have said, if the roles were reversed, we'd all think this was funny and awesome.
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 8:43 pm
Location: In Soviet Pittsburgh, contract extend you

Re: Crosby/Chara

Postby Seattle-Pens-fan on Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:52 am

I think the punch itself was 'business as usual' during the playoffs. What made it egregious, in my opinion, was that Crosby was being held from behind. No way to get his arms up to protect himself, or deflect the punch, or whatever. I think that moved it beyond the typical crap you see during the playoffs.

I mean its hard to fault the caveman for the punch, as he was trying to help his team. On the other hand, as an admitted Pens fan (and homer), I'd like to break both of his legs for it at the same time. :)
Seattle-Pens-fan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:55 am
Location: Vegas

Re: Crosby/Chara

Postby DudeMan2766 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:11 pm

My beef is basically when Crosby went after him and let him hear about it, people acted like Crosby had no business standing up for himself against the NHLs greatest captain ever, and Sid should just stop crying.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,168
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:33 pm
Location: Squares don't fit in my circle.

Re: Crosby/Chara

Postby columbia on Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:16 pm

Either way, the Bruins are a loathsome team.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 48,346
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: Crosby/Chara

Postby Getting To My Game on Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:18 pm

columbia wrote:Either way, the Bruins are a loathsome team.


And I'm sure Bruins fans feel the same way about the Pens.
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 8:43 pm
Location: In Soviet Pittsburgh, contract extend you

Re: Crosby/Chara

Postby IanMoran on Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:21 pm

Holy overreaction. Looks like a typical scrum
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,985
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 12:10 am
Location: Minneapolis, via Pittsburgh

Re: Crosby/Chara

Postby Sarcastic on Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:27 pm

Crap move by Chara, but if Sid took his mask off, he's fair game. I'd probably do the same as Chara.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,283
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:49 pm

Re: Crosby/Chara

Postby Penspal on Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:33 pm

Getting To My Game wrote:This is the absolute definition of a non-story. As others have said, if the roles were reversed, we'd all think this was funny and awesome.


Its more than a story actually. Thanks for posting this.

Its a big reason why I believe Sid was ineffective the rest of the series. By doing this, Chara showed that not only WOULD he do it, he would not get caught, penalized or punished in any way by the NHL or the Pens. Let that get into the head of Sid and worm its way around. If only he had of kept his chin guard on.

As for the comment that "Shrek" should have gone after him.... no. Murray is not an enforcer, nor does he have the history with Sid to go after him.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with Don Cherry in that the Pens need a winger for Sid like Lucic. Someone who will protect him and enact vengence should **** like this happen.
Penspal
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,564
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:12 am
Location: dark recesses of Sid's brain

Re: Crosby/Chara

Postby Getting To My Game on Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:38 pm

Penspal wrote:
Getting To My Game wrote:This is the absolute definition of a non-story. As others have said, if the roles were reversed, we'd all think this was funny and awesome.


Its more than a story actually. Thanks for posting this.

Its a big reason why I believe Sid was ineffective the rest of the series. By doing this, Chara showed that not only WOULD he do it, he would not get caught, penalized or punished in any way by the NHL or the Pens. Let that get into the head of Sid and worm its way around. If only he had of kept his chin guard on.

As for the comment that "Shrek" should have gone after him.... no. Murray is not an enforcer, nor does he have the history with Sid to go after him.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with Don Cherry in that the Pens need a winger for Sid like Lucic. Someone who will protect him and enact vengence should **** like this happen.


If stuff like this takes Crosby off his game, that's a statement about Crosby, not Chara.
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 8:43 pm
Location: In Soviet Pittsburgh, contract extend you

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lemieuxReturns, llipgh2, pens_CT, SubtropicalPenguin and 14 guests


e-mail