Malone

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Malone

Postby bhaw on Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:31 pm

Steve Dave wrote:If TB buys out Ryan Malone, would he be a good fit on Malkin's LW?


I never caught the Malone-love Bug, but if the intention is for him to come in for the top 6, no. If you get him cheap and put him in the bottom 6 and make him part of your powerplay, I'd consider it.

He'd have to be paid like a middle tier 3rd liner because that's what he is right now.

I'm still not even sold on bringing him in for that role.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 26,997
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Re: Malone

Postby joopen on Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:34 pm

bhaw wrote:
Steve Dave wrote:If TB buys out Ryan Malone, would he be a good fit on Malkin's LW?


I never caught the Malone-love Bug, but if the intention is for him to come in for the top 6, no. If you get him cheap and put him in the bottom 6 and make him part of your powerplay, I'd consider it.

He'd have to be paid like a middle tier 3rd liner because that's what he is right now.

I'm still not even sold on bringing him in for that role.


He would break his wrist signing his contract
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,735
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:17 pm
Location: right behind you

Re: Malone

Postby FreeCandy44 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:40 pm

Nooooooooooo

FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,371
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: The biggest Pearl Jam fan in Pittsburgh.

Re: Malone

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:42 pm

I'd be fine with it if he was brought in to be a 3rd liner. When healthy, he's better than Morrow was this year. 2-3 mins pk, 8 mins even strength, 2 minutes pp a game. Sounds good to me.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 51,727
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Malone

Postby joopen on Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:44 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:I'd be fine with it if he was brought in to be a 3rd liner. When healthy, he's better than Morrow was this year. 2-3 mins pk, 8 mins even strength, 2 minutes pp a game. Sounds good to me.

Who replaces him the 30 or so games he misses?
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,735
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:17 pm
Location: right behind you

Re: Malone

Postby steelershark on Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:53 pm

Pass. Need a power forward in his prime.
steelershark
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:39 am

Re: Malone

Postby Crankshaft on Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:56 pm

steelershark wrote:Pass. Need a power forward in his prime.


Not that I think Malone is the answer, but those are hard to find.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,963
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:35 pm

Re: Malone

Postby columbia on Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:56 pm

Tangradi is 24. :pop:
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 45,875
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am

Re: Malone

Postby Chefpatrick871 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:21 pm

columbia wrote:Tangradi is 24. :pop:

You need to have a prime to be in it.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,144
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:56 pm
Location: Eating muffins with Derpy

Re: Malone

Postby Steve Dave on Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:22 pm

joopen wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:I'd be fine with it if he was brought in to be a 3rd liner. When healthy, he's better than Morrow was this year. 2-3 mins pk, 8 mins even strength, 2 minutes pp a game. Sounds good to me.

Who replaces him the 30 or so games he misses?



Zolnierczyk?
Steve Dave
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:09 pm

Re: Malone

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:52 am

Steve Dave wrote:
joopen wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:I'd be fine with it if he was brought in to be a 3rd liner. When healthy, he's better than Morrow was this year. 2-3 mins pk, 8 mins even strength, 2 minutes pp a game. Sounds good to me.

Who replaces him the 30 or so games he misses?



Zolnierczyk?


He'll be easier to replace than Crosby, i'd wager.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 51,727
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Malone

Postby Malkamaniac on Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:15 am

joopen wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:I'd be fine with it if he was brought in to be a 3rd liner. When healthy, he's better than Morrow was this year. 2-3 mins pk, 8 mins even strength, 2 minutes pp a game. Sounds good to me.

Who replaces him the 30 or so games he misses?


Vitale, cause that's the only way that guy gets on the ice.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,991
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:33 pm
Location: Who is Sims?

Re: Malone

Postby KG on Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:43 am

Sure you take Malone back at a severely reduced contract both money and term...He would be a good addition to the team...
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,971
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:53 am
Location: NY

Re: Malone

Postby Sarcastic on Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:29 pm

shmenguin wrote:malone is slow and a shell of his former self. he'll fit right in.


lol that's funny man
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,283
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:49 pm

Re: Malone

Postby no name on Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:32 pm

I guess for the right price i would take him back. 2M a year i would do it. Kenndy Sutter Malone would be a nice 3rd line.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,943
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:19 pm

Re: Malone

Postby columbia on Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:34 pm

no name wrote:I guess for the right price i would take him back. 2M a year i would do it. Kenndy Sutter Malone would be a nice 3rd line.


Kennedy would get to the top of the circle, fire the puck off the glass and one of them would have just reached the red line and can continue the breakout with the rebound.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 45,875
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am

Re: Malone

Postby Stevens25 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:16 pm

Or a direct shot at the goalies chest.
Kennedy = #1 Chest Sniper
Stevens25
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:50 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: Malone

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:36 pm

$1M and I'm in. $1.1 and I'm out.

Malone hasn't played a near full season since his last year with the Pens. He's much slower but can still put up points. I don't think he should play anywhere but the 3rd line. Bennett should be playing along Malkin, not Malone.

Overall, I don't see this happening.
Hugo Stiglitz
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,651
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:36 am

Re: Malone

Postby Scott on Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:44 pm

shmenguin wrote:malone is slow and a shell of his former self. he'll fit right in.



Times 10. He would be right at home.
Scott
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,920
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:11 am
Location: The Quick Stop roof playing hockey

Re: Malone

Postby Kaizer on Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:05 am

better than iginla
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,328
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:02 am
Location: Crazy Town

Re: Malone

Postby Luckybreak on Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:10 am

Hugo Stiglitz wrote:$1M and I'm in. $1.1 and I'm out.

Malone hasn't played a near full season since his last year with the Pens. He's much slower but can still put up points. I don't think he should play anywhere but the 3rd line. Bennett should be playing along Malkin, not Malone.

Overall, I don't see this happening.


Not sure the pens should add anyone with offensive skills to the third line if the plan is for Sutter to play a purely shutdown role.
Luckybreak
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 808
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:57 am
Location: Ash UK

Re: Malone

Postby Steve Dave on Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:49 am

Luckybreak wrote:
Hugo Stiglitz wrote:$1M and I'm in. $1.1 and I'm out.

Malone hasn't played a near full season since his last year with the Pens. He's much slower but can still put up points. I don't think he should play anywhere but the 3rd line. Bennett should be playing along Malkin, not Malone.

Overall, I don't see this happening.


Not sure the pens should add anyone with offensive skills to the third line if the plan is for Sutter to play a purely shutdown role.


Malone can play a defensive roll.
Steve Dave
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:09 pm

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Wooav8tor and 3 guests

e-mail