Craig Adams has the framework of a deal done (Rumored)

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Craig Adams has the framework of a deal done (Rumored)

Postby Pitts on Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:51 pm

Its great to see that the Pens will be a drastically different team next year!
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Beveridge on Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:00 pm

I honestly didn't have a problem with the team we had through March.

I don't blame Shero one bit, but I think he got a little over aggressive at the end. Murray was right and Jussi was right to stop gap for Sid. Morrow and Iggy might have been a little overkill but this is all easy to say with hindsight.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby taz71 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:02 pm

600k for PK and spare parts is cheaper than using are farm system. Let Tanner Glass go.
taz71
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Defence21 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:02 pm

Pitts wrote:Its great to see that the Pens will be a drastically different team next year!

Maybe I'm completely wrong here, but I don't recall anyone from the team saying the roster would be drastically different. Even so, wouldn't you call losing Dupuis, Cooke, Morrow, Murray, Iginla, and Kennedy pretty different? It might not be the guys you wanted to see go, but that's going to create a good bit of room for turnover, particularly with holes on the first three lines.
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby pressure=9Pa on Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:03 pm

IMFC wrote:I love CFA and don't mind the signing.

But this is a fact: we just got one year older and a little slower at that position. The PK will not improve, at best it will degrade proportionally to however much quickness he loses, which will prolly be very slight.

I'm trying to picture Adams getting slower and I can't do it.
pressure=9Pa
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Jesse on Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:06 pm

Kovy27 wrote:It has been getting better...maybe. Ok, not really. Just throwing it out there. Just like Rossi's Letang to TO ****.

There's the issue. There was no Letang to TO stuff. Rossi mentioned that a source told him Letang wouldn't mind Toronto as a possible destination. It's a comment made in passing that had absolutely no bearing on anything outside of Letang saying a harmless comment via a source.

Rossi never once perpetuated a rumor that there was some kind of discussion about a trade. People took one comment he made and ran with it.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby columbia on Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:12 pm

I think the point is that a responsible journalist doesn't even bother to mention something like that.

It's just passing on gossip.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Defence21 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:17 pm

Jesse wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:It has been getting better...maybe. Ok, not really. Just throwing it out there. Just like Rossi's Letang to TO ****.

There's the issue. There was no Letang to TO stuff. Rossi mentioned that a source told him Letang wouldn't mind Toronto as a possible destination. It's a comment made in passing that had absolutely no bearing on anything outside of Letang saying a harmless comment via a source.

Rossi never once perpetuated a rumor that there was some kind of discussion about a trade. People took one comment he made and ran with it.

I agree with your basis -- but as a journalist, he owes it to his readership to be more clear. He's very involved in Twitter, Facebook, blogging, etc., and all of these avenues generate a lot of discussion. It's very easy to take a tidbit of information and misread it, misinterpret it, misconstrue it, etc. to the point where it becomes a "rumors." Again, while Rossi may not be saying Letang is going to Toronto, he's suggesting it could be a possibility and not really dousing the flames when they spread. You never see credible journalists -- Molinari, LeBrun, Dreger, MacKenzie, etc. with similar situations, and the reason is that they are very selective with what they release to the public and how they go about releasing it in a way.
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Pitts on Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:00 pm

Defence21 wrote:
Pitts wrote:Its great to see that the Pens will be a drastically different team next year!

Maybe I'm completely wrong here, but I don't recall anyone from the team saying the roster would be drastically different. Even so, wouldn't you call losing Dupuis, Cooke, Morrow, Murray, Iginla, and Kennedy pretty different? It might not be the guys you wanted to see go, but that's going to create a good bit of room for turnover, particularly with holes on the first three lines.

I remember a Shero quote something about changing the team because he was upset. Any-hoo...I don't consider the rentals part of the change. They were only here for a few weeks. Kennedy sucked all year, so he doesn't really count either. :) It remains to be seen what happens with Dupuis and Cooke. But, I would like to see the team get younger. So far, everything has stayed pretty much the same.

But, as someone else said above, I really liked the team that ran through March. So maybe it really is a good thing.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pitts on Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:02 pm

Jesse wrote:

No, he said something like, Toronto appears to be a possible destination. That is starting a rumor.

EDIT:

Here's the link and quote: http://triblive.com/mobile/4246272-96/l ... uins-shero
However, Toronto has emerged as a potential destination if there is a breaking point with the Penguins, the sources said.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins