Bottom 6 possibility?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Bottom 6 possibility?

Postby Steve Dave on Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:41 pm

Not sure if this would work but a lot of you have been stating that the Pens' bottom 6 isn't tough enough. The Kings were rumored to be looking for a top 6 LW but are pressed against the Cap.
How about the Pens send Jokinnen to LA for Clifford, retaining half of Jokinen's salary, making the cap traded pretty much the same ($1.05 mil to LA vs $1.075 mil to Pit). Possibly a pick could beninvolved to even out the trade.
LA gets a top 6 LW and Pit gets tougher (and younger) in their bottom 6. Another trade (Niskanen for pick or prospect) would need to be made to get cap compliant.

Dupuis Crosby Bennett
Kunitz Malkin Neal
Clifford Sutter D'Agostini
Glass Vitale Adams
Jeffrey
Steve Dave
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 996
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:09 am

Re: Bottom 6 possibility?

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:11 pm

Ssssshhhhhhh!


Its the off season. ;)
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,764
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:55 pm
Location: Nobody Loves Me, Neither Do I...

Re: Bottom 6 possibility?

Postby KG on Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:11 pm

LA wouldn't move Clifford for Jokinen. They just re-signed Clifford to a new deal.

Clifford would fit perfectly on this club but I don't see us getting him...

Thinking more along the lines of Travis Moen....
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,979
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:53 am
Location: NY

Re: Bottom 6 possibility?

Postby dhayer18 on Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:34 am

Steve Dave wrote:Not sure if this would work but a lot of you have been stating that the Pens' bottom 6 isn't tough enough. The Kings were rumored to be looking for a top 6 LW but are pressed against the Cap.
How about the Pens send Jokinnen to LA for Clifford, retaining half of Jokinen's salary, making the cap traded pretty much the same ($1.05 mil to LA vs $1.075 mil to Pit). Possibly a pick could beninvolved to even out the trade.
LA gets a top 6 LW and Pit gets tougher (and younger) in their bottom 6. Another trade (Niskanen for pick or prospect) would need to be made to get cap compliant.

Dupuis Crosby Bennett
Kunitz Malkin Neal
Clifford Sutter D'Agostini
Glass Vitale Adams
Jeffrey



they wouldn't put Iginla on Sid's right wing why would they put Bennett there? ( don't get me wrong i like the line but it will never happen)
dhayer18
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:38 am

Re: Bottom 6 possibility?

Postby Steve Dave on Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:34 am

dhayer18 wrote:
Steve Dave wrote:Not sure if this would work but a lot of you have been stating that the Pens' bottom 6 isn't tough enough. The Kings were rumored to be looking for a top 6 LW but are pressed against the Cap.
How about the Pens send Jokinnen to LA for Clifford, retaining half of Jokinen's salary, making the cap traded pretty much the same ($1.05 mil to LA vs $1.075 mil to Pit). Possibly a pick could beninvolved to even out the trade.
LA gets a top 6 LW and Pit gets tougher (and younger) in their bottom 6. Another trade (Niskanen for pick or prospect) would need to be made to get cap compliant.

Dupuis Crosby Bennett
Kunitz Malkin Neal
Clifford Sutter D'Agostini
Glass Vitale Adams
Jeffrey



they wouldn't put Iginla on Sid's right wing why would they put Bennett there? ( don't get me wrong i like the line but it will never happen)


Sid was coming back from a gruesome injury, with little time to get used to new linemates during the playoffs. Perhaps with a full season, blysma will experiment a little.
Steve Dave
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 996
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:09 am

Re: Bottom 6 possibility?

Postby Pitt87 on Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:08 pm

Steve Dave wrote:Not sure if this would work but a lot of you have been stating that the Pens' bottom 6 isn't tough enough. The Kings were rumored to be looking for a top 6 LW but are pressed against the Cap.
How about the Pens send Jokinnen to LA for Clifford, retaining half of Jokinen's salary, making the cap traded pretty much the same ($1.05 mil to LA vs $1.075 mil to Pit). Possibly a pick could beninvolved to even out the trade.
LA gets a top 6 LW and Pit gets tougher (and younger) in their bottom 6. Another trade (Niskanen for pick or prospect) would need to be made to get cap compliant.

Dupuis Crosby Bennett
Kunitz Malkin Neal
Clifford Sutter D'Agostini
Glass Vitale Adams
Jeffrey


Clifford is slow, dumb, and skates like he has two left feet.

Spoiler:
Image
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,302
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:33 am
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Re: Bottom 6 possibility?

Postby MRandall25 on Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:10 pm

So he's Eric Tangradi?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,520
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Bottom 6 possibility?

Postby GSdrums87 on Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:17 pm

"Every Clifford book tells the same story: "LOOK HOW BIG THIS DOG IS!""
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,428
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:53 pm

Re: Bottom 6 possibility?

Postby pugilist13 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:20 pm

MRandall25 wrote:So he's Eric Tangradi?

Maybe Clifford the dog. Kyle Clifford is an actual NHL hockey player.
pugilist13
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,258
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:51 pm
Location: your back yard

Re: Bottom 6 possibility?

Postby Pitt87 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:04 pm

MRandall25 wrote:So he's Eric Tangradi?


I see what you did there...
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,302
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:33 am
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Re: Bottom 6 possibility?

Postby stonewizard51 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:19 pm

Steve Dave wrote:
dhayer18 wrote:
Steve Dave wrote:Not sure if this would work but a lot of you have been stating that the Pens' bottom 6 isn't tough enough. The Kings were rumored to be looking for a top 6 LW but are pressed against the Cap.
How about the Pens send Jokinnen to LA for Clifford, retaining half of Jokinen's salary, making the cap traded pretty much the same ($1.05 mil to LA vs $1.075 mil to Pit). Possibly a pick could beninvolved to even out the trade.
LA gets a top 6 LW and Pit gets tougher (and younger) in their bottom 6. Another trade (Niskanen for pick or prospect) would need to be made to get cap compliant.

Dupuis Crosby Bennett
Kunitz Malkin Neal
Clifford Sutter D'Agostini
Glass Vitale Adams
Jeffrey



they wouldn't put Iginla on Sid's right wing why would they put Bennett there? ( don't get me wrong i like the line but it will never happen)


Sid was coming back from a gruesome injury, with little time to get used to new linemates during the playoffs. Perhaps with a full season, blysma will experiment a little.


IMHO DB starts the season experimenting with different line combos and doesn't stop til the season ends. That's the frustrating part for me.
stonewizard51
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:26 pm


Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MWW and 5 guests


e-mail