Pens Points 2013-14 season

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Pens Points 2013-14 season

Postby unchockey21 on Thu May 29, 2014 2:14 pm

topshelf66 wrote:Second Chance Pens Points.

I will try to bring some of the comments to our brainstorming session for next season.

In the meantime, I will award 5 second chance prizes from my stash.

Just reply in this thread your favorite DPSG brand / flavor and why. I will pick 5 winners. I have some pretty cool and pretty meh prizes I will send out.


I loaded up on A&W root beer with all of my pop coupons. It'll be a summer full of root beer floats while I'm roasting in Arizona.
unchockey21
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:28 pm

Re: Pens Points 2013-14 season

Postby KEEPnisKANEN on Thu May 29, 2014 8:28 pm

KEEPnisKANEN wrote:I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I've searched and searched. Is there any way at all to redeem prizes without going to Pittsburgh. I'm a huge pens fan in Kentucky but have no way of getting to Pittsburgh by August or whenever it ends.

I've managed to collect 2035 points without attending a game (I did go to a cbj game). I did very well on predictors!

Please let me know of any way..


Of course my post was the last of the previous page, and i'm afraid no one saw it. Just wanted to ask one last time before my season long dream of doing way too much work for a $20 t-shirt comes to an end.
KEEPnisKANEN
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: Pens Points 2013-14 season

Postby CERV96 on Fri May 30, 2014 7:48 am

Do you know anyone in the Pittsburgh area? If so, redeem the shirt. Take a screen shot of the code and send it to your friend. Have them pick up the shirt and mail it to you.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,667
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:49 pm
Location: It's poop again!

Re: Pens Points 2013-14 season

Postby topshelf66 on Fri May 30, 2014 1:06 pm

Thank you for your comments about our fine brands.

I will pick 5 winners on Monday June 2nd. It will be like a really lame version of #bucciovertimechallenge.

I do have a couple of really good items and some more run of the mill corporate / Pens swag.

Good Luck and Thank You for playing.

Kovy, the gold bars concept is tied up at corporate. There has been shouting about return on investment, blah, blah, blah, should the idea prevail, you will not be forgotten.
topshelf66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 847
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 1:24 pm
Location: The Palace Hotel Ballroom.

Re: Pens Points 2013-14 season

Postby Kovy27 on Fri May 30, 2014 2:50 pm

topshelf66 wrote:Thank you for your comments about our fine brands.

I will pick 5 winners on Monday June 2nd. It will be like a really lame version of #bucciovertimechallenge.

I do have a couple of really good items and some more run of the mill corporate / Pens swag.

Good Luck and Thank You for playing.

Kovy, the gold bars concept is tied up at corporate. There has been shouting about return on investment, blah, blah, blah, should the idea prevail, you will not be forgotten.


Image
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,706
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Re: Pens Points 2013-14 season

Postby Jaylo54 on Sat May 31, 2014 11:30 pm

I e-mailed the Pens Points people last week about adding more items to the Pens Points store. They told me to contact Penguins customer support to see if they could do anything about it. She said they are usually pretty receptive to helping out. Customer Support told me that they might be adding some other items to the Pens Points store. What I saw added was the "fashion t-shirts" and the yearbooks. I have 3355 points. I think those shirts are geared to fit men. What's a "fashion t-shirt" anyway? I already have the yearbook--want one? So I contacted them again and they said that they are probably done adding things. I should have gone for that Crosby bobble head when it was available! I'm about 50 miles away from Pittsburgh and do hate to have to travel that distance to pick up something that I really don't even want. I may just do the raffle thing for my points and forget about doing this next year. It ended up being a waste of time.
Jaylo54
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: Pens Points 2013-14 season

Postby Jaylo54 on Sat May 31, 2014 11:41 pm

My sister and I were just talking about our obsession with cherry flavored foods/drinks, and we wondered how this ever game about. I think it was because as a kid I used to get a cherry flavored cola drink at a local pharmacy all the time, and I loved it. When I became a "mature" adult I acquired a taste for Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper. It was so unique tasting--not like anything I had ever had to drink before. I have been drinking it ever since!
Jaylo54
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: Pens Points 2013-14 season

Postby Kovy27 on Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:13 am

KEEPnisKANEN wrote:
KEEPnisKANEN wrote:I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I've searched and searched. Is there any way at all to redeem prizes without going to Pittsburgh. I'm a huge pens fan in Kentucky but have no way of getting to Pittsburgh by August or whenever it ends.

I've managed to collect 2035 points without attending a game (I did go to a cbj game). I did very well on predictors!

Please let me know of any way..


Of course my post was the last of the previous page, and i'm afraid no one saw it. Just wanted to ask one last time before my season long dream of doing way too much work for a $20 t-shirt comes to an end.


Unless you give someone in Pittsburgh your login info and they go down with the app while u are logged in, I don't think its possible. I know it says on there that the only way to get your item is at Consol or South Side.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,706
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Re: Pens Points 2013-14 season

Postby Kovy27 on Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:14 am

Jaylo54 wrote:My sister and I were just talking about our obsession with cherry flavored foods/drinks, and we wondered how this ever game about. I think it was because as a kid I used to get a cherry flavored cola drink at a local pharmacy all the time, and I loved it. When I became a "mature" adult I acquired a taste for Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper. It was so unique tasting--not like anything I had ever had to drink before. I have been drinking it ever since!


It is really a good product and the Shoplift N Save near me has them for 10 for 10 all the time.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,706
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Re: Pens Points 2013-14 season

Postby topshelf66 on Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:33 am

SECOND CHANCE WINNERS

1. CERV96
2. Kovy27
3. unchockey21
4. Jaylo54
5. ajh2298

PM me with your mailing address and I will do my best to ship the items this week.

Thank you again
topshelf66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 847
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 1:24 pm
Location: The Palace Hotel Ballroom.

Re: Pens Points 2013-14 season

Postby BurghThing on Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:07 pm

I like Canada Dry, just sayin'
BurghThing
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,714
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:22 pm
Location: All You Can Eat Crow Tavern

Re: Pens Points 2013-14 season

Postby FreeCandy44 on Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:08 am

Soda coupons expire today....
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,832
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:55 pm
Location: Nobody Loves Me, Neither Do I...

Re: Pens Points 2013-14 season

Postby Jaylo54 on Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:19 pm

I had a few remaining but since I received so many of them, I just let them expire. I have about 12 of the Big Mac ones. I'm not a fan and will give those away. I'm very disappointed in the PensPoint program. I had to get a "mans" t-shirt and about 4 of those stupid tattoo things because there was nothing left to purchase. I ended up with about 350 points leftover. I have not picked them up yet. I don't even know if I will. The points should carry over from one season to the next.
Jaylo54
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: Pens Points 2013-14 season

Postby Jim on Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:42 am

Jaylo54 wrote:I had a few remaining but since I received so many of them, I just let them expire. I have about 12 of the Big Mac ones. I'm not a fan and will give those away. I'm very disappointed in the PensPoint program. I had to get a "mans" t-shirt and about 4 of those stupid tattoo things because there was nothing left to purchase. I ended up with about 350 points leftover. I have not picked them up yet. I don't even know if I will. The points should carry over from one season to the next.


Hey now... if you watch every pre-game, every game, every post game, and listen to every radio broadcast... by the end of the season you will be able to "afford" a generic t-shirt... after jumping through 4 hoops and hopping on one foot that is. But hey, it's "free" right... yippie!
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,007
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Pens Points 2013-14 season

Postby Jaylo54 on Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:33 am

:shock:
Jaylo54
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: Pens Points 2013-14 season

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:50 am

In case you dont understand promotions, the point of all of them is to get people to buy things. In this case its to buy tickets, items at the concession stand, and items at the gift shop. Beatingaformerlylivehorse.gif
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,914
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: Pens Points 2013-14 season

Postby Jim on Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:12 am

Idoit40fans wrote:In case you dont understand promotions, the point of all of them is to get people to buy things. In this case its to buy tickets, items at the concession stand, and items at the gift shop. Beatingaformerlylivehorse.gif


True, but PensPoints as a promotion is basically equivalent to a game day giveaway of a toothpick. Each thing that you do to get points is of such extremely little value that it is basically not worth participating... even when a a fan message board "cheats" and gives everyone nearly every code possible... You type in 500 codes over 9 months and you get a t-shirt or hat, or a plain picture print. :thumbdown:
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,007
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Pens Points 2013-14 season

Postby llipgh2 on Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:50 am

The other day I submitted all my remaining points for chances to win the MAF, Malkin and Crosby signed jerseys. Better than letting them expire, I guess.

I don't think I'm going to do Pens Points this season. If I want something I think it's just cheaper to buy it myself, given what you have to spend accumulate points.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,038
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:29 pm
Location: Gasp! The Clamboni!

Re: Pens Points 2013-14 season

Postby JS© on Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:16 pm

I'm curious if anybody has ever hit the grand prize on a predictor. It was a running joke with a few friends during the season, but right around the Olympics (can't remember if it was before or after), the bunch of us started checking twitter for the "ZOMG I WON TEH GRAND PRIZE" tweet.

I'm not saying that the person is required to do it, but you would think at least one person would have ran to twitter immediately after winning.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,941
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:52 am
Location: Trying to avoid the mumps.

Re: Pens Points 2013-14 season

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:30 pm

I have wondered the same thing.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,914
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: Pens Points 2013-14 season

Postby Jaylo54 on Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:01 am

I won once this season. I got a $100 gift certificate at :roll: the Pens Gear store at the Consol. I have not cashed it in yet.
Jaylo54
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:02 pm

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests


e-mail