Center Ice Reminder

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Center Ice Reminder

Postby nocera on Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:01 pm

pressure=9Pa wrote:Am I correct in saying that games on NBC / NBC Sports are blacked out on Gamecenter, but available to stream for free via the NBC Sports ap or website? I know it's true for some NBC games, just wondering if it's true for all.

As far as I know, you have to have a provider that supports live streaming from NBCS. I've never tried it, but when you go to "watch live" on their site, it brings up a list of cable providers. But yes, they are blacked out on GameCenter in the US.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:00 pm

Im pretty sure if you get the premium service you also get nbc games.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby nocera on Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:07 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:Im pretty sure if you get the premium service you also get nbc games.

I didn't even know such a thing existed. Since you mentioned you had Game Center last year, do you have any idea when the games are available for viewing after they end?
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:31 am

nocera wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Im pretty sure if you get the premium service you also get nbc games.

I didn't even know such a thing existed. Since you mentioned you had Game Center last year, do you have any idea when the games are available for viewing after they end?

I thought it was 48 hours, but I just pulled up last nights Anaheim/Colorado game right now. So I guess its next day. I've never done it because my brain shuts off the ability to enjoy the game once I know the outcome and also does not allow me to not actively seek out whats going on in the game, but it looks like the option is available. :scared:
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Luuke on Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:09 pm

Just an update to all those DirecTV Ohio Pens fans. I was at my brother's house yesterday and he has DISH. He lives in the same zip code as me, 4462X. I had him flip to ROOT at the start of the game, and to my shock, the Pens were on. Looking on the DISH website, when I put in my zip code, ROOT shows up as one of my local sports channels. This means not only do I not need to get Center Ice, but I don't even need to pay for the extended sports package. After calling DISH to confirm this, I have the installers coming out to set me up with them between 12 and 5 tomorrow (in time for the game).

On the flip side, DirecTV told me that I still had 5 months left in my 2 year agreement from when I upgraded one of my boxes and it would be $100 to cancel. After talking with a few people, I finally got someone to agree that since they have no way to offer me Pens games, they will wave the cancellation fee. If anyone else is considering the switch to DISH, they have some pretty good deals right now. My bill will be $78 for the first year, and $108 after that, compared to my $130 DirecTV bill. PM me if you are going to switch because if I refer someone, both they and I get a $50 credit (which makes my first month bill $28 since I was a referral).

Hope this info helps others, and GO PENS!
Luuke

Postby nocera on Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:16 pm

Luuke wrote:Just an update to all those DirecTV Ohio Pens fans. I was at my brother's house yesterday and he has DISH. He lives in the same zip code as me, 4462X. I had him flip to ROOT at the start of the game, and to my shock, the Pens were on. Looking on the DISH website, when I put in my zip code, ROOT shows up as one of my local sports channels. This means not only do I not need to get Center Ice, but I don't even need to pay for the extended sports package. After calling DISH to confirm this, I have the installers coming out to set me up with them between 12 and 5 tomorrow (in time for the game).

On the flip side, DirecTV told me that I still had 5 months left in my 2 year agreement from when I upgraded one of my boxes and it would be $100 to cancel. After talking with a few people, I finally got someone to agree that since they have no way to offer me Pens games, they will wave the cancellation fee. If anyone else is considering the switch to DISH, they have some pretty good deals right now. My bill will be $78 for the first year, and $108 after that, compared to my $130 DirecTV bill. PM me if you are going to switch because if I refer someone, both they and I get a $50 credit (which makes my first month bill $28 since I was a referral).

Hope this info helps others, and GO PENS!

This is awesome. I'm glad you were able to figure out a solution. Did you get a free iPad 2? Clearly they should've waived that cancellation fee. Did they try to sell you on staying with them at all? I've heard people getting ridiculous deals just by saying they want to cancel service.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Luuke on Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:47 pm

I could have either taken the iPad 2, or $30 off my bill per month for a year. Since I already have an iPad, I took the savings.
Luuke

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins