Official GDT: Pens vs Sabres 10/5/13

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Sabres 10/5/13

Postby DelPen on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:19 pm

If we can get another 100 games like this these past two from glass this year I'll be very happy
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,925
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Sabres 10/5/13

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:19 pm

PENALTY SHOT!
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,379
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: Chino Moreno Likes Toast!

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Sabres 10/5/13

Postby CERV96 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:19 pm

DelPen wrote:Am I the only one who enjoys seeing Bennett and Maatta on the ice together?


It looks good so far for me. Kind of makes me wish we didn't invest 8 million on 1 player this summer. No knock on Letang just think it too much of an overpayment when we have so much d depth.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,654
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:49 am
Location: It's poop again!

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Sabres 10/5/13

Postby shafnutz05 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:19 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO penalty shot!!!
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 56,956
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Sabres 10/5/13

Postby CERV96 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:20 pm

Image
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,654
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:49 am
Location: It's poop again!

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Sabres 10/5/13

Postby luv66 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:20 pm

kuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun
luv66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,057
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:17 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Sabres 10/5/13

Postby shafnutz05 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:20 pm

KOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 56,956
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Sabres 10/5/13

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:20 pm

KOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNN!
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,379
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: Chino Moreno Likes Toast!

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Sabres 10/5/13

Postby Gaucho on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:20 pm

What's with all the penalty shots?
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,494
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Sabres 10/5/13

Postby DelPen on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:20 pm

CERV96 wrote:
DelPen wrote:Am I the only one who enjoys seeing Bennett and Maatta on the ice together?


It looks good so far for me. Kind of makes me wish we didn't invest 8 million on 1 player this summer. No knock on Letang just think it too much of an overpayment when we have so much d depth.

When Nisky, Martin and Orpik are all gone after next year it will be worth it
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,925
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Sabres 10/5/13

Postby offsides on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:20 pm

Cutch doesn't seem to impressed.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,475
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: Man Cave in Washington, PA

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Sabres 10/5/13

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:21 pm

Cutch looked so bored.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,379
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: Chino Moreno Likes Toast!

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Sabres 10/5/13

Postby shafnutz05 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:21 pm

Gaucho wrote:What's with all the penalty shots?


I'm guessing new league mandate to the officials
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 56,956
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Sabres 10/5/13

Postby Gaucho on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:21 pm

Kunitz is effective at shootouts? What, he's 2 for 5 lifetime or something?
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,494
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Sabres 10/5/13

Postby DelPen on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:21 pm

Gaucho wrote:What's with all the penalty shots?

Maybe more liberal on the calls but I agree with both calls I've seen for and against us
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,925
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Sabres 10/5/13

Postby Beveridge on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:22 pm

I like it.

If you get ahead of the defense and he can't take the puck away without tying you up, should be.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,730
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:38 pm
Location: Punxsutawney

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Sabres 10/5/13

Postby Gaucho on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:22 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:
Gaucho wrote:What's with all the penalty shots?


I'm guessing new league mandate to the officials


so we can expect it to be all but forgotten by mid-November?
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,494
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Sabres 10/5/13

Postby CERV96 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:22 pm

10:09 PIT PS - C. Kunitz (1) Backhand shot - ASST: NONE 3 - 0 PIT
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,654
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:49 am
Location: It's poop again!

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Sabres 10/5/13

Postby DelPen on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:23 pm

Gaucho wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:
Gaucho wrote:What's with all the penalty shots?


I'm guessing new league mandate to the officials


so we can expect it to be all but forgotten by mid-November?

Mid October would be a better bet :D
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,925
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Sabres 10/5/13

Postby NashvilleCat on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:23 pm

DelPen wrote:
Gaucho wrote:What's with all the penalty shots?

Maybe more liberal on the calls but I agree with both calls I've seen for and against us

It's a point of emphasis this season which means it will last for two weeks or until they call one against the Red Wings. Whichever comes first.
NashvilleCat
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,119
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 8:18 pm
Location: 4.5 hours south of Josh Harrison's hometown.

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Sabres 10/5/13

Postby CERV96 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:24 pm

DelPen wrote:
CERV96 wrote:
DelPen wrote:Am I the only one who enjoys seeing Bennett and Maatta on the ice together?


It looks good so far for me. Kind of makes me wish we didn't invest 8 million on 1 player this summer. No knock on Letang just think it too much of an overpayment when we have so much d depth.

When Nisky, Martin and Orpik are all gone after next year it will be worth it


Good point. Never thought of it that way. If I could keep one of those 3 it would be Martin.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,654
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:49 am
Location: It's poop again!

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Sabres 10/5/13

Postby Gaucho on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:24 pm

DelPen wrote:
Gaucho wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:
Gaucho wrote:What's with all the penalty shots?


I'm guessing new league mandate to the officials


so we can expect it to be all but forgotten by mid-November?

Mid October would be a better bet :D


I tend to be overly optimistic.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,494
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Sabres 10/5/13

Postby DelPen on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:24 pm

What a great pass to Adams from Maata to break out.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,925
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Sabres 10/5/13

Postby DelPen on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:26 pm

CERV96 wrote:
DelPen wrote:
CERV96 wrote:
DelPen wrote:Am I the only one who enjoys seeing Bennett and Maatta on the ice together?


It looks good so far for me. Kind of makes me wish we didn't invest 8 million on 1 player this summer. No knock on Letang just think it too much of an overpayment when we have so much d depth.

When Nisky, Martin and Orpik are all gone after next year it will be worth it


Good point. Never thought of it that way. If I could keep one of those 3 it would be Martin.

Letang, Maataa, Dumoulin, Harringotn, Poulliot, Despres, Bortuzzo. Letang is the grizzlies vet. Oh, Scuderi too :)
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,925
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Sabres 10/5/13

Postby shafnutz05 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:26 pm

I really like Jokinen as a threat in the offensive zone
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 56,956
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: E-Ramone, Hugo Stiglitz, murphydump55, offsides and 17 guests


e-mail