Bylsma approval rating poll

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Do you approve of the way DB is handling his job?

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes : 82

Re: Bylsma approval rating poll

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:24 am

I put a lot of trust into what Shero does. If he thinks that Bylsma is the best person for the job I find it hard to disagree. I also think Shero already has Dan's replacement in Jacques Martin if needed.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Gaucho on Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:47 am

Mr. Colby wrote:But hey, I can understand how beating a mediocre and a bad team on your home ice in the first week of October can profoundly impact opinions

I like how you try to make an IQ test out of this.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby KG on Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:59 am

If he could legitimately get this team of high paid, offensive superstars to legitimately buy into playing a team defensive system, then he will have done a tremendous job.

Many coaches have been fired because players refuse to acclimate their game to the coaches system. 2 games in. So far so good...
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby count2infinity on Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:03 am

I will admit, that I answered yes, but was someone that would have been okay seeing him go at the end of last season. I didn't want him out of town like many, but I would have been okay with him gone. So far, so good this season. Looks like the defense is doing well, but it's really too early to tell. Maybe I'll do one of these polls at the all star break to see how opinions have changed over time.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby meow on Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:04 am

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:I put a lot of trust into what Shero does. If he thinks that Bylsma is the best person for the job I find it hard to disagree. I also think Shero already has Dan's replacement in Jacques Martin if needed.

I am not a fan of replacing a head coach with an assistant coach. It's a tough transition to ask of the coach and the players. You have a guy that is used to being the good cop to the players and now all of a sudden he has to change hats and be the bad cop. It's a tough assignment to ask of the players and the coach.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Admin on Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:18 am

Regular season - yes
Post-season - no

Post-season > regular season so the correct vote is no.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Gaucho on Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:21 am

Admin wrote:Regular season - yes
Post-season - no

Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Admin on Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:23 am

Gaucho wrote:
Admin wrote:Regular season - yes
Post-season - no

:fist:
Admin
Site Admin

Postby PghSkins on Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:42 pm

You go, vocal minority.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby mikey287 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:11 pm

Where'd that post go? Agree or disagree, it was a decent first post.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Admin on Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:12 pm

mikey287 wrote:Where'd that post go? Agree or disagree, it was a decent first post.

Ugh, my bad. Hope he can repost it.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby GSdrums87 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:14 pm

10 months to the day, he swoops in with his first post, and Admin just snatches it away from him.
GSdrums87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby mikey287 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:20 pm

Good thing this isn't the "Admin approval rating poll" ...he'd have one emphatic "no" vote from whoever that was... :lol:
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby sternalot on Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:21 pm

Admin wrote:
mikey287 wrote:Where'd that post go? Agree or disagree, it was a decent first post.

Ugh, my bad. Hope he can repost it.

I made one little edit to my post and it went to re-approval
sternalot

Postby GSdrums87 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:24 pm

Not nearly as impressed with this new first post.
GSdrums87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Admin on Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:24 pm

My apologies. I thought it was a duplicate and disapproved it which apparently deletes the original. I'm sorry about that. Those responsible will be dealt with swiftly and sternly.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin on Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:26 pm

mikey287 wrote:Good thing this isn't the "Admin approval rating poll" ...he'd have one emphatic "no" vote from whoever that was... :lol:

Don't need a poll to know how that vote board-wide would go.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby sternalot on Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:27 pm

I was able to dig my post up in the cache, but not happy with this whole approval process. I understand it helps keep out the trolls, but it doesn't actually help with discourse...anyway....

Can the vocal majority please stand up and give me your alternative for HCDB?

You all seem to exist in this world were there are plentiful defensive strategists out in the hockey world ready to bring a different light to the Pittsburgh bench. This also presumes that said mystical coach will maintain a sufficient level of offense to succeed (see Bruce Boudreau in Washington circa 2011). You seem to believe that the hockey world is being fooled by the sham that is Dan Bylsma, and Pittsburgh is the biggest fool of them all. Surely the Olympic committee has made a mistake. RIGHT?

No one will ever be good enough the dissidents because there is an irrational belief that dynasties are not only possible, but likely in this day in age. This isn't the Canadians or Leafs pre-1960 when they had exclusive territorial rights for prospects. There is parity and systems to maintain it. The haters are setting themselves up for disappointment right away just based on their irrational expectations.

You can all b*tch and moan about how HCDB made no adjustments (debatable mind you), but until anyone has another idea, he continues to be a positive force behind the bench and giving us an opportunity year on year to chase a real dream, another Pittsburgh cup.
sternalot

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:29 pm

Admin wrote:My apologies. I thought it was a duplicate and disapproved it which apparently deletes the original. I'm sorry about that. Those responsible will be dealt with swiftly and sternly.

:slug:
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby mikey287 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:30 pm

I laughed pretty hard at the .gif. Well done.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Admin on Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:30 pm

I saw that happen at my son's hockey practice last night. Haha.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Factorial on Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:34 pm

sternalot wrote:I was able to dig my post up in the cache, but not happy with this whole approval process. I understand it helps keep out the trolls, but it doesn't actually help with discourse...anyway....

Can the vocal majority please stand up and give me your alternative for HCDB?

You all seem to exist in this world were there are plentiful defensive strategists out in the hockey world ready to bring a different light to the Pittsburgh bench. This also presumes that said mystical coach will maintain a sufficient level of offense to succeed (see Bruce Boudreau in Washington circa 2011). You seem to believe that the hockey world is being fooled by the sham that is Dan Bylsma, and Pittsburgh is the biggest fool of them all. Surely the Olympic committee has made a mistake. RIGHT?

No one will ever be good enough the dissidents because there is an irrational belief that dynasties are not only possible, but likely in this day in age. This isn't the Canadians or Leafs pre-1960 when they had exclusive territorial rights for prospects. There is parity and systems to maintain it. The haters are setting themselves up for disappointment right away just based on their irrational expectations.

You can all b*tch and moan about how HCDB made no adjustments (debatable mind you), but until anyone has another idea, he continues to be a positive force behind the bench and giving us an opportunity year on year to chase a real dream, another Pittsburgh cup.

Best post on the issue yet. :thumb:
Factorial
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:55 pm

If you don't believe that Bylsma is good enough to get the team to a cup win, then you don't need to supply a replacement. Your answer can be "a rock". This isn't a "you're the gm" thread, its a "do you approve of the coach" thread. its a yes/no question. If your real dream is to hang up regular season champion banners, then he has certainly proven to provide that opportunity year after year, but he has also shown that when he comes up against a coach with a good team that knows how to get their team to change their style to match an opponent's strengths/weaknesses, he has proven that he is done.

The Olympics really have nothing to do with this because you aren't playing 4 straight 7 game series in the olympics, you suit a gameplan to your team and you play it game after game until you're done. He's perfect for the olympic tournament.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby sternalot on Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:03 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:If you don't believe that Bylsma is good enough to get the team to a cup win, then you don't need to supply a replacement. Your answer can be "a rock". This isn't a "you're the gm" thread, its a "do you approve of the coach" thread. its a yes/no question. If your real dream is to hang up regular season champion banners, then he has certainly proven to provide that opportunity year after year, but he has also shown that when he comes up against a coach with a good team that knows how to get their team to change their style to match an opponent's strengths/weaknesses, he has proven that he is done.

The Olympics really have nothing to do with this because you aren't playing 4 straight 7 game series in the olympics, you suit a gameplan to your team and you play it game after game until you're done. He's perfect for the olympic tournament.

He has gotten the team to a cup, so your point is null and void. You wrote a lot of words saying nothing and copping out on the question. Try again please.
sternalot

Postby SolidSnake on Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:22 pm

sternalot wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:If you don't believe that Bylsma is good enough to get the team to a cup win, then you don't need to supply a replacement. Your answer can be "a rock". This isn't a "you're the gm" thread, its a "do you approve of the coach" thread. its a yes/no question. If your real dream is to hang up regular season champion banners, then he has certainly proven to provide that opportunity year after year, but he has also shown that when he comes up against a coach with a good team that knows how to get their team to change their style to match an opponent's strengths/weaknesses, he has proven that he is done.

He has gotten the team to a cup, so your point is null and void. You wrote a lot of words saying nothing and copping out on the question. Try again please.

So if the Pens fail again in the playoffs, would you keep Byslma on for another year?
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins