OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby pressure=9Pa on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:11 pm

skullman80 wrote:I've always hated in hockey how even good clean hits have to be answered. It's crap. Sometimes a hit is just good and clean.


Agree 100%.
pressure=9Pa
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,922
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:46 pm
Location: Northern Indiana

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby columbia on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:11 pm

DelPen wrote:
meow wrote:Talk about leaving your back-up hung out to dry. What happen to insulating the poor guy in his NHL debut?

Zatkoff made his crappy bed. Another goal where he's on the goal line. That's 5 of them. His technique just sucks.


He does not look like an NHL goalie.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 46,730
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby meow on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:11 pm

nocera wrote:
meow wrote:Talk about leaving your back-up hung out to dry. What happen to insulating the poor guy in his NHL debut?


He didn't do himself any favors with his positioning and play. Dude looked in over his head.

He definitely didn't look comfortable, but help a brother out.
meow
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 7,314
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby Rylan on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:11 pm

GSdrums87 wrote:Zatkoff was not the problem tonight.


He wasn't the solution either.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,000
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby Lt. Dish on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:12 pm

Florida flu
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,842
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: We'll make great pets.

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby offsides on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:12 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:That was a pretty dirty, lousy play by Crosby. He should be ashamed of himself

Yeah, if something like that happened to Sid, everyone including Sid would be very upset.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,450
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: Man Cave in Washington, PA

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby skullman80 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:12 pm

GSdrums87 wrote:Zatkoff was not the problem tonight.


He wasn't the ONLY problem, but he was a big part of it. He was really bad. The defense didn't help him much, but he was really bad.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,156
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: New Kensington, PA

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby pcm on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:12 pm

I guess Sid wanted to give up early. He was awful tonight. Really should be ashamed of that kind of retaliation.
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,194
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:39 am
Location: mountains

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby DelPen on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:12 pm

GSdrums87 wrote:Zatkoff was not the problem tonight.

If fleury plays it's 3-1 or 3-2. Same if Vokoun was good to go.

Zatkoff is not and NHL goalie.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,662
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:13 pm

Somehow this is all Fleury's fault. :slug:
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,185
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby BurghThing on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:13 pm

Well that was a shot sandwich starting with the captain on down. Typical Florida trip, spend more time worrying about golf and suntans than actually playing hockey. Just glad I don't live there anymore and wasting my money on watching my favorite team go through the motions instead of playing a hockey game.
BurghThing
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 7,391
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:22 pm
Location: All You Can Eat Crow Tavern

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby pressure=9Pa on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:14 pm

Zatkoff did not look like an NHL goalie tonight. I'm going to give him at least two more starts until I hit the panic button.
pressure=9Pa
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,922
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:46 pm
Location: Northern Indiana

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby DelPen on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:14 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Somehow this is all Fleury's fault. :slug:

Yup, him not bing able to play 82 games is a lack of dedication 8-)
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,662
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby Jim on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:14 pm

Gaucho wrote:
Jim wrote:
Gaucho wrote:Moving Oprik for a backup seems a little desperate.


Moving Orpik is nearly addition thru subtraction.


Hm. No.



Well.. your are right in that no one will be checking opposing forwards into our own goalie any more... or standing there doing nothing while the puck goes to open players... Oh wait, the checking right? The, what, one nice solid check every three or so games. Yeah, we will miss that.

Moving Orpik for nearly anything would be a good deal for the Pens, short term and long term.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,634
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby sniper on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:14 pm

That was a game featuring two goalies that have no business being in this league. I still can't believe the Pens gave up 6 goals to a Florida team that shouldn't score that many the entire season against them.
sniper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,229
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:25 pm

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby nocera on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:14 pm

pcm wrote:I guess Sid wanted to give up early. He was awful tonight. Really should be ashamed of that kind of retaliation.


Meh. Ever since the Cooke incidents, Pens fans have been way to quick to get all high and mighty about this sort of thing. What he did was incredibly minor.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,012
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:02 pm

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby pressure=9Pa on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:15 pm

Having the FLA announcers made the evening that much worse.
pressure=9Pa
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,922
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:46 pm
Location: Northern Indiana

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby Lt. Dish on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:18 pm

nocera wrote:
pcm wrote:I guess Sid wanted to give up early. He was awful tonight. Really should be ashamed of that kind of retaliation.


Meh. Ever since the Cooke incidents, Pens fans have been way to quick to get all high and mighty about this sort of thing. What he did was incredibly minor.


It hasn't registered on the most sensitive instrument ever, the HF Main Board-o-meter.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,842
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: We'll make great pets.

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby MRandall25 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:18 pm

sniper wrote:That was a game featuring two goalies that have no business being in this league. I still can't believe the Pens gave up 6 goals to a Florida team that shouldn't score that many the entire season against them.


Florida isn't that bad of a team. Their goaltending sucks, but Huberdeau, Versteeg, Fleischmann, and Campbell are all solid offensive weapons. Adding Brad Boyes didn't hurt either.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,060
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby Jim on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:18 pm

offsides wrote:
meow wrote:
offsides wrote:Malkin and his weak passes\turnovers gets a little old after awhile.

Find a new team because he isn't changing.

I'm afraid you are correct.


Or just keep being critical about stuff that that deserves critical comments made about them. It isn't all sunshine and roses.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,634
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby canaan on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:19 pm

Markstrom isn't terrible, just not ready for the show.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 38,852
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby Lt. Dish on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:20 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
sniper wrote:That was a game featuring two goalies that have no business being in this league. I still can't believe the Pens gave up 6 goals to a Florida team that shouldn't score that many the entire season against them.


Florida isn't that bad of a team. Their goaltending sucks, but Huberdeau, Versteeg, Fleischmann, and Campbell are all solid offensive weapons. Adding Brad Boyes didn't hurt either.


Fleischmann is an LGP board-certified Penguins killer, no?

Huberdeau is fun to watch.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,842
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: We'll make great pets.

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby PghSkins on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:21 pm

That was meh-riffic
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,543
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:36 pm
Location: Beaver

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:22 pm

I see Huberdeau as a caption to a picture of a fat cat.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,185
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby Gaucho on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:23 pm

Jim wrote:
Gaucho wrote:
Jim wrote:
Gaucho wrote:Moving Oprik for a backup seems a little desperate.


Moving Orpik is nearly addition thru subtraction.


Hm. No.



Well.. your are right in that no one will be checking opposing forwards into our own goalie any more... or standing there doing nothing while the puck goes to open players... Oh wait, the checking right? The, what, one nice solid check every three or so games. Yeah, we will miss that.

Moving Orpik for nearly anything would be a good deal for the Pens, short term and long term.


Talking about Orpik's big hits is so 2008...
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,145
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BurghThing, Humperdink, Take the Body Shoot the Puck and 15 guests


e-mail