OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby skullman80 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:27 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
sniper wrote:That was a game featuring two goalies that have no business being in this league. I still can't believe the Pens gave up 6 goals to a Florida team that shouldn't score that many the entire season against them.


Florida isn't that bad of a team. Their goaltending sucks, but Huberdeau, Versteeg, Fleischmann, and Campbell are all solid offensive weapons. Adding Brad Boyes didn't hurt either.


This team should not be giving up 6 goals to the Panthers. Period.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,610
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: New Kensington, PA

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby topshelf on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:28 pm

pressure=9Pa wrote:Having the FLA announcers made the evening that much worse.


They are awful... possibly the worst in the business.
topshelf
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,591
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Florida

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby skullman80 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:28 pm

topshelf wrote:
pressure=9Pa wrote:Having the FLA announcers made the evening that much worse.


They are awful... possibly the worst in the business.


Worse than Steigerwald???????
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,610
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: New Kensington, PA

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby Jim on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:29 pm

Gaucho wrote:Talking about Orpik's big hits is so 2008...


Then what does he bring to the team? Offense, no. Positional D, no. A high cap hit... yes.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,488
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby DelPen on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:30 pm

Jim wrote:
Gaucho wrote:Talking about Orpik's big hits is so 2008...


Then what does he bring to the team? Offense, no. Positional D, no. A high cap hit... yes.

Funny thing is he's the kind of player we trade for at the deadline so might as well hang on to him but let him walk in July.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,226
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby BurghThing on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:30 pm

Jim wrote:
Gaucho wrote:Talking about Orpik's big hits is so 2008...


Then what does he bring to the team? Offense, no. Positional D, no. A high cap hit... yes.


Other teams fear him around the net.....snicker....giggle....sorry, I just couldn't keep a straight face.
BurghThing
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 7,380
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:22 pm
Location: All You Can Eat Crow Tavern

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby MRandall25 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:32 pm

skullman80 wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
sniper wrote:That was a game featuring two goalies that have no business being in this league. I still can't believe the Pens gave up 6 goals to a Florida team that shouldn't score that many the entire season against them.


Florida isn't that bad of a team. Their goaltending sucks, but Huberdeau, Versteeg, Fleischmann, and Campbell are all solid offensive weapons. Adding Brad Boyes didn't hurt either.


This team should not be giving up 6 goals to the Panthers. Period.


Oh come on, it's 4 effing games into the season. Little early to be pushing the :scared: panic :scared: button.

It's also hockey. These things happen. The best course of action is to move on and play hard tomorrow.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,581
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:33 pm

Image
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,728
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby Jim on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:34 pm

BurghThing wrote:
Jim wrote:
Gaucho wrote:Talking about Orpik's big hits is so 2008...


Then what does he bring to the team? Offense, no. Positional D, no. A high cap hit... yes.


Other teams fear him around the net.....snicker....giggle....sorry, I just couldn't keep a straight face.



Fleury fears him around the net. Fleury knows that one of two things will happen: Quality shot on net or an opposing player is going to get checked right on top of him.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,488
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby topshelf on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:34 pm

skullman80 wrote:
topshelf wrote:
pressure=9Pa wrote:Having the FLA announcers made the evening that much worse.


They are awful... possibly the worst in the business.


Worse than Steigerwald???????


Believe it or not, much worse that Steigy. :shock:
topshelf
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,591
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Florida

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby skullman80 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:35 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
skullman80 wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
sniper wrote:That was a game featuring two goalies that have no business being in this league. I still can't believe the Pens gave up 6 goals to a Florida team that shouldn't score that many the entire season against them.


Florida isn't that bad of a team. Their goaltending sucks, but Huberdeau, Versteeg, Fleischmann, and Campbell are all solid offensive weapons. Adding Brad Boyes didn't hurt either.


This team should not be giving up 6 goals to the Panthers. Period.


Oh come on, it's 4 effing games into the season. Little early to be pushing the :scared: panic :scared: button.

It's also hockey. These things happen. The best course of action is to move on and play hard tomorrow.


I'm not pushing the panic button. I just don't think that Florida is that good. Prior to tonight the had what.. two goals in two games while giving up 10+. Tonight they get 6. I get these kinds of games happen over the course of the season, but its still frustrating.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,610
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: New Kensington, PA

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby pressure=9Pa on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:36 pm

Jim wrote:
BurghThing wrote:
Jim wrote:
Gaucho wrote:Talking about Orpik's big hits is so 2008...


Then what does he bring to the team? Offense, no. Positional D, no. A high cap hit... yes.


Other teams fear him around the net.....snicker....giggle....sorry, I just couldn't keep a straight face.



Fleury fears him around the net. Fleury knows that one of two things will happen: Quality shot on net or an opposing player is going to get checked right on top of him.


Would the opposing player then bounce softly to an unguarded position about 8-10 feet from the net? (edited for spelling)
Last edited by pressure=9Pa on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pressure=9Pa
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,913
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:46 pm
Location: Northern Indiana

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:36 pm

Jim wrote:
BurghThing wrote:
Jim wrote:
Gaucho wrote:Talking about Orpik's big hits is so 2008...


Then what does he bring to the team? Offense, no. Positional D, no. A high cap hit... yes.


Other teams fear him around the net.....snicker....giggle....sorry, I just couldn't keep a straight face.



Fleury fears him around the net. Fleury knows that one of two things will happen: Quality shot on net or an opposing player is going to get checked right on top of him.


:thumb:
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 55,521
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby Jim on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:37 pm

DelPen wrote:
Jim wrote:
Gaucho wrote:Talking about Orpik's big hits is so 2008...


Then what does he bring to the team? Offense, no. Positional D, no. A high cap hit... yes.

Funny thing is he's the kind of player we trade for at the deadline so might as well hang on to him but let him walk in July.



Yeah, but he is in the mold of Ponikarovsky
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,488
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby pressure=9Pa on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:37 pm

topshelf wrote:
skullman80 wrote:
topshelf wrote:
pressure=9Pa wrote:Having the FLA announcers made the evening that much worse.


They are awful... possibly the worst in the business.


Worse than Steigerwald???????


Believe it or not, much worse that Steigy. :shock:


I get the opponent announcers a lot, and Errey and Steigy are easily in the top half of the league. Their problem is getting REALLY off track in a blowout.
pressure=9Pa
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,913
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:46 pm
Location: Northern Indiana

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby MRandall25 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:37 pm

skullman80 wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
skullman80 wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
sniper wrote:That was a game featuring two goalies that have no business being in this league. I still can't believe the Pens gave up 6 goals to a Florida team that shouldn't score that many the entire season against them.


Florida isn't that bad of a team. Their goaltending sucks, but Huberdeau, Versteeg, Fleischmann, and Campbell are all solid offensive weapons. Adding Brad Boyes didn't hurt either.


This team should not be giving up 6 goals to the Panthers. Period.


Oh come on, it's 4 effing games into the season. Little early to be pushing the :scared: panic :scared: button.

It's also hockey. These things happen. The best course of action is to move on and play hard tomorrow.


I'm not pushing the panic button. I just don't think that Florida is that good. Prior to tonight the had what.. two goals in two games while giving up 10+. Tonight they get 6. I get these kinds of games happen over the course of the season, but its still frustrating.


They're 2-3. Hardly as bad as you're making them out to be.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,581
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby topshelf on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:39 pm

pressure=9Pa wrote:
topshelf wrote:
skullman80 wrote:
topshelf wrote:
pressure=9Pa wrote:Having the FLA announcers made the evening that much worse.


They are awful... possibly the worst in the business.


Worse than Steigerwald???????


Believe it or not, much worse that Steigy. :shock:


I get the opponent announcers a lot, and Errey and Steigy are easily in the top half of the league. Their problem is getting REALLY off track in a blowout.


I actually like Errey a lot. Steigy leaves a lot to be desired, but you're right in saying that he's far from the worst. I've always felt Florida's was the worst, but Tampa Bay's is a close second...
topshelf
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,591
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Florida

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby Jim on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:39 pm

MRandall25 wrote:Oh come on, it's 4 effing games into the season. Little early to be pushing the :scared: panic :scared: button.

It's also hockey. These things happen. The best course of action is to move on and play hard tomorrow.


No one is pushing the panic button, at all. Seeing a potential problem and discussing options to address said potential problem is not panicking. It is good business.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,488
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby skullman80 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:39 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
skullman80 wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
skullman80 wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:They're 2-3. Hardly as bad as you're making them out to be.


Which means they were 1-3 before playing the Pens tonight. Have you watched any of their other games? They have been run out of the building in two of their 3 losses. They were playing awful hockey. Somehow the Pens managed to play even worse hockey tonight.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,610
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: New Kensington, PA

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby skullman80 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:40 pm

pressure=9Pa wrote:
topshelf wrote:
skullman80 wrote:
topshelf wrote:
pressure=9Pa wrote:Having the FLA announcers made the evening that much worse.


They are awful... possibly the worst in the business.


Worse than Steigerwald???????


Believe it or not, much worse that Steigy. :shock:


I get the opponent announcers a lot, and Errey and Steigy are easily in the top half of the league. Their problem is getting REALLY off track in a blowout.


I dig Errey. He's a good dude. Steigerwald is flat out awful though.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,610
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: New Kensington, PA

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby Jim on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:41 pm

pressure=9Pa wrote:
Jim wrote:Fleury fears him around the net. Fleury knows that one of two things will happen: Quality shot on net or an opposing player is going to get checked right on top of him.


Would the opposing player then bounce softly to an unguarded position about 8-10 feet from the net? (edited for spelling)


No, it is pretty much a one or the other kind of thing. Good scoring position OR on top of Fleury.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,488
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby Rocco on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:45 pm

I go out and this happens. You can't do anything without me, can you?
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,976
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby DelPen on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:47 pm

Panthers suck. We will lose a dozen games to teams that suck this year. 11 more to go.

No one should be happy about the level of play all around but no one is panicking. Welcome back to Penguins hockey. Enjoy the ride.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,226
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby DelPen on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:53 pm

Man, 69 shots on goal. Find not get pens predictor
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,226
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 10/11/13 PENS at PANTHERS

Postby rgj on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:55 pm

Horrible game effort tonight by the Pens. They toyed with Fla. They hung the goalie out to dry. Granted, he should have made some of those plays, but that ridiculous penalty by the Pens to give Fla a 5 on 3 pp doomed them. That wasn't totally on the goalie. Then the Pens scratch back and play their famous "oh-let's-just-put-on-our-famous-turnover-passes" offense and Fla goes up by 2. Any hope of coming back at the end was squashed by THE Captain as he gets called for a stupid, stupid, STUPID penalty....which betrayed his team.

Poor effort. Fla deserved to win. They out played the Pens.
rgj
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,002
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:11 am

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

e-mail