Pens lose 1-0
- Pens were not going to go 81-1-0. As HCDB said, sometimes you just have to tip your hat to a great goalie performance, Giguere had one last night.
- Momentum was elusive last night, the Pens had their hands on it, but couldn't grab hold.
- Pens dominated the game, and the moved the puck with ease. Sort of the opposite of the Vancouver game, where the Pens were outplayed and won
- Goal against was not MAF's fault, deflected off Pens Dman's stick
- MacKinnon was a non factor, almost invisible.
- Malkin appeared to me to pass up on a few slapshot opportunities. I'll be watching for this in the upcoming games, wonder if his shoulder is still a touch funky?
- Ex Pen Guenin was very impressive. I read Coach Roy's assessment of Guenin's play and lactually laughed, total bunk I thought. Now however , I eat crow, Guenin has vastly improved
- Bortuzzo impressed me in this game. His skating & willingness to do all the dirty work is a good fit. The Pens D is solid right now (Can you hear the trade winds blowing ~@~)
- Pee-air Quagmire was in fine form last night. "The Pens are playing dangerous hockey, giving Giguere all these shots, he's going to be hot!"..... What made it horrific was that he was right