Should we trade????

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Should we trade????

Postby mikey287 on Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:28 am

Niskanen and Jeffrey for Stamkos, but only if the Lightning retain some salary.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jim on Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:30 am

Malkin for Stamkos.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Beveridge on Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:31 am

mikey287 wrote:Niskanen and Jeffrey for Stamkos, but only if the Lightning retain some salary.

Need to put Engo in there to sweeten the pot.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Steve Dave on Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:42 pm

We shiuld trade Talbot for Downie.
Steve Dave
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Shaky Walton on Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:55 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:For niskanen id want more than etem. Maybe throw in john gibson or a first as well.

Etem is going to be a great player Take it to the bank
Shaky Walton
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:02 pm

Shaky Walton wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:For niskanen id want more than etem. Maybe throw in john gibson or a first as well.

I guess thats possible but if im goin to be taking a risk, im at least gettig two risks back, thats why id need another longshot in gibson or a first.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby GSdrums87 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:31 am

Idoit40fans wrote:
Shaky Walton wrote:

I guess thats possible but if im goin to be taking a risk, im at least gettig two risks back, thats why id need another longshot in gibson or a first.

Exactly. We know the quality we're giving up, that prospect better be able to pan out, and just in case I'd say another hopeful prospect or at the very least a first rounder.
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby mikey287 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:15 am

Of course, the Ducks wouldn't even think about moving Etem or Gibson straight up for Niskanen unless there's something major behind the scenes that I don't know. The Ducks don't need Niskanen at all and those are two quality prospects (many consider Gibson the best goalie prospect in the world). I question Etem's hockey sense enough to not really love him, but I respect his speed, work ethic and skill.

Similar would be us moving Beau Bennett, Tristan Jarry and a 1st for Andrej Meszaros.

(For those that aren't catching the presumed sarcasm in the above posts)
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby sjnhiils on Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:55 pm

no name wrote:
pcm wrote:Anaheim has contacted Shero about acquiring a dman. I assume that they were looking at Niskanen, given his reported availability. Who would I want in return? Patrick Maroon. He's a hulking winger, who's getting [showcased] alongside Perry and Getzlaf while Penner and Silfverburg are out with injuries. He's only 25 and certainly hasn't proven he can score consistently in the NHL. But he'd be the type of guy that I think the Pens could take a chance on for an asset like Niskanen. At the very least he'll be a solid banging bottom 6'er.

Another option, if he heals okay from his concussion, would be Penner himself. I've honestly never really liked his game (too inconsistent, soft for his size), and I'd much rather go for the younger player, but if all he needs to do is stand in front of the net and take up space, he could potentially work really well on a line with Malkin and Neal. The salary evens out for both cap-strapped teams in a Niskanen-Penner swap.

You keep Niskanen at this point, hope he keeps up his solid play then at the trade deadline you can move him for what you need. If you find that team who needs a puck mover at the deadline and package another player with him i think you can land a decient player. Granted you will not land a top 6 guy but you might get a high pick or just a guy who fits nice during the playoffs. Shero does wonders trading offensive D men.

When I was for keeping Niskanen in the preseason you laughed and said "I don't think he is a troll, I think he actually believes what he is saying makes sense" Make sense now?
sjnhiils
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby meow on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:00 pm

meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby sjnhiils on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:14 pm

meow wrote:Image

It turns out that Niskanen was more of an "integral" part of the team than you said he would be.
sjnhiils
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Beveridge on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:16 pm

It must be exhausting to keep track of everything everyone says to point out when they are wrong or change their opinion.

I'm wrong or change my opinion a dozen times a day, and that's before lunch.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Gaucho on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:17 pm

Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:21 pm

Why do we have to keep going over this?

You said Niskanen was better than both Martin and Orpik "because he at least has a shot" and used 1 play in a preseason game (that was pulled by Pavel Datsyuk, who is no slouch) to say that Orpik and Martin sucked.

You do see what's wrong with that statement, and why so many people disagreed with you, correct?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby meow on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:24 pm

sjnhiils wrote:
meow wrote:
Spoiler:

It turns out that Niskanen was more of an "integral" part of the team than you said he would be.

Playing well =/= integral. Is it really that hard of a concept to grasp?
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Jim on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:30 pm

I was looking at Gretzky on wiki and it made me wonder what kind of package Malkin would bring in. I think the best package for one guy was what Quebec got for Lindros. A lot of that is because of Forsberg though I suppose. Take him out and it was a nice deal, hindsight says that Forsberg for Lindros straight up would have been a decent trade for both teams.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby sjnhiils on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:34 pm

meow wrote:
sjnhiils wrote:
meow wrote:
Spoiler:

Playing well =/= integral. Is it really that hard of a concept to grasp?

'More of an integral" has a different meaning than "integral" . Meaning that although Niskanen might not be "integral" to the team, he has contributed a lot more than you said he would.
sjnhiils
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby meow on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:51 pm

I never said he wouldn't contribute. I think I weigh his importance on this team higher than most people. I don't really get what point you are trying to make? Or even if you are trying to make a point? All I see is you bring up people's posts from months ago and hold it against their current thoughts.
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby sjnhiils on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:53 pm

Beveridge wrote:It must be exhausting to keep track of everything everyone says to point out when they are wrong or change their opinion.

I'm wrong or change my opinion a dozen times a day, and that's before lunch.

Just tired of all the s### that I have to put up with every time I post. It's one thing to disagree with someone, but to belittle their intelligence and to have everyone else pile on is another. If pointing something out that validates what I was ridiculed for is exhausting, so be it.
sjnhiils
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:54 pm

MRandall25 wrote:Why do we have to keep going over this?

You said Niskanen was better than both Martin and Orpik "because he at least has a shot" and used 1 play in a preseason game (that was pulled by Pavel Datsyuk, who is no slouch) to say that Orpik and Martin sucked.

You do see what's wrong with that statement, and why so many people disagreed with you, correct?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby sjnhiils on Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:15 pm

MRandall25 wrote:Why do we have to keep going over this?

Never said he was better than Martin. Just said Niskanen was more valuable to the Pens than Orpik and his $3.75 million because of the money spent on Letang and Scuderi. In the Matt Murray thread if you check the last post I stated that we had a "good discussion" and one in which we were at least civil. I tried to bury the hatchet but you kept it going. I won't bother you anymore, just don't bother me
sjnhiils
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:30 pm

I am being civil. I'm just merely pointing out that you aren't without fault in this.

Just because I disagree with you, doesn't mean I'm attacking you, and the same goes for everyone else here. You are just as responsible for the responses you get as the people responding to you.

And yes, you did say he was better than Martin and Orpik. I'd go looking for it, but frankly I'm not that kind of person.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Crankshaft on Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:37 pm

What the heck, MRandall? I thought we were internet foes? Or is that just in the wars game? Is sjnhills your PR nemesis and me your wars nemesis?
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby sjnhiils on Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:35 pm

Gaucho wrote:Image

Let me guess. You couldn't find anything on Liberty after the game for $50 so this was the next best thing.
sjnhiils
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby columbia on Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:37 pm

Yes, that's exactly what what happened.
He even started a thread about it.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins