Official GDT Pens vs Leafs 10/26/13

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official GDT Pens vs Leafs 10/26/13

Postby MarioLives on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:52 pm

iWonTheCup87 wrote:all 3 of these losses could have EASILY been wins such a shame. Maybe itll be a wakeup call


I can't take this again. If only..... Heard this for 3 years
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,462
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:30 pm

Re: Official GDT Pens vs Leafs 10/26/13

Postby nocera on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:52 pm

Bright side: we finally have our whipping boy.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,140
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:02 pm

Re: Official GDT Pens vs Leafs 10/26/13

Postby PghSkins on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:53 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:Looks like its time to avoid PR till the next game.


I have been saying this all season!!!
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,825
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:36 pm
Location: Beaver

Re: Official GDT Pens vs Leafs 10/26/13

Postby CERV96 on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:53 pm

Grunthy wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:Looks like its time to avoid PR till the next game.



It is always time to avoid PR. A lot of annoying posts anymore.


Makes for good laughs no?
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,665
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:49 am
Location: It's poop again!

Re: Official GDT Pens vs Leafs 10/26/13

Postby NJ5934 on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:53 pm

Matthew Monstar wrote:Clarkson such a dirty overrated idiot.


Maybe but he was huge tonight
NJ5934
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,848
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:33 pm
Location: Toms River, NJ

Re: Official GDT Pens vs Leafs 10/26/13

Postby MarioLives on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:53 pm

murphydump55 wrote:
columbia wrote:Shero does not look pleased.


Would you? Your 7 million dollar defenseman is picking up right where he left off.

Half of your "two headed monster" looks average at best.


Malkin is killing me again
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,462
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:30 pm

Re: Official GDT Pens vs Leafs 10/26/13

Postby SolidSnake on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:54 pm

It was a great loss
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,295
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:41 pm
Location: Does it sound like I'm trying to order a pizza?!

Re: Official GDT Pens vs Leafs 10/26/13

Postby 71Aj66ax87 on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:55 pm

"A lot of annoying posts anymore."Huh?
71Aj66ax87
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,363
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:56 am
Location: A parallel universe called New Pittsburgh

Re: Official GDT Pens vs Leafs 10/26/13

Postby GDR on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:56 pm

columbia wrote:Shero does not look pleased.


Should be looking in the mirror. Gave out a lot of money and long contracts to guys who are known commodities and doing all the negative things we know they do (Kunitz inconsistent, Dupuis no hands, Letang/Malkin brilliant at times but head cases at others).
GDR
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,099
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:48 pm

Re: Official GDT Pens vs Leafs 10/26/13

Postby Grunthy on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:56 pm

CERV96 wrote:
Grunthy wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:Looks like its time to avoid PR till the next game.



It is always time to avoid PR. A lot of annoying posts anymore.


Makes for good laughs no?


In a sad pathetic way.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,175
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:08 pm

Re: Official GDT Pens vs Leafs 10/26/13

Postby Matthew Monstar on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:56 pm

NJ5934 wrote:
Matthew Monstar wrote:Clarkson such a dirty overrated idiot.


Maybe but he was huge tonight


What did he do besides for late hits and injuring Scuderi?

Physical play? He was a non factor other than trying to make himself a spotlight by being a jerk.
Matthew Monstar
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,071
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:38 pm
Location: oHIo

Re: Official GDT Pens vs Leafs 10/26/13

Postby CERV96 on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:57 pm

3rd Period shots on goal

Pitt-7
Tor-10

game totals
Pitt-38
Tor-30
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,665
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:49 am
Location: It's poop again!

Re: Official GDT Pens vs Leafs 10/26/13

Postby The U on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:57 pm

Regular season game. Doesn't matter....we're all about the playoffs. Lose 2 in a row, lose 4 in a row, win 7 in a row. Not a huge deal. We're making the playoffs.

This is all practice and experimentation until the real season starts.

Our focus should be on long term trends, not what happens in 1 or 2 games.

Long term trends that continue to worry:

1. Soff
2. Letang and Malkin
3. PP that hates to keep it simple
4. Team continues to struggle with fast and physical teams
5. Pens are never fully healthy. Vokoun, Scuderi, BB, Neal all out right now and we've only played like 2 weeks of hockey.
6. Bottom 6 is a wasteland
7. Softest blueline in the NHL
8. Teams continue to cash in around our net and get garbage goals
9. Five-on-Five Craig Adams
10. No forward depth or help coming from AHL. Lots of dead weight on bottom six and press box.
etc...
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,584
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:34 pm

Re: Official GDT Pens vs Leafs 10/26/13

Postby CERV96 on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:58 pm

Well, I tried guys. Back at it Monday.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,665
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:49 am
Location: It's poop again!

Re: Official GDT Pens vs Leafs 10/26/13

Postby murphydump55 on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:59 pm

The U wrote:Regular season game. Doesn't matter....we're all about the playoffs. Lose 2 in a row, lose 4 in a row, win 7 in a row. Not a huge deal. We're making the playoffs.

This is all practice and experimentation until the real season starts.

Our focus should be on long term trends, not what happens in 1 or 2 games.

Long term trends that continue to worry:

1. Soff
2. Letang and Malkin
3. PP that hates to keep it simple
4. Team continues to struggle with fast and physical teams
5. Pens are never fully healthy. Vokoun, Scuderi, BB, Neal all out right now and we've only played like 2 weeks of hockey.
6. Bottom 6 is a wasteland
7. Softest blueline in the NHL
8. Teams continue to cash in around our net and get garbage goals
9. Five-on-Five Craig Adams
10. No forward depth or help coming from AHL. Lots of dead weight on bottom six and press box.
etc...


You forgot Bylsma.

Hey, if there's one thing I'm happy about, Fleury has bounced back!
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,963
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: Thunder Bay

Re: Official GDT Pens vs Leafs 10/26/13

Postby sniper on Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:01 pm

This team simply can not win low scoring games. They rarely ever do. They have to score 4 or more to win. Anything less and they lose.
sniper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,281
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:25 pm

Re: Official GDT Pens vs Leafs 10/26/13

Postby BurghThing on Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:16 pm

Wait! I know, we ran into a hot goaltender, again. Wait til Monday when we play the Canes 4th string goaltender and we still don't score!
BurghThing
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,559
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:22 pm
Location: All You Can Eat Crow Tavern

Re: Official GDT Pens vs Leafs 10/26/13

Postby bhaw on Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:17 pm

The dismissive "it's only October" crap is out if hand. Whether the game is played in October or January or April, they are all worth the same. Losing games they should win because of dumb mistakes are the same lost two points that could mean the difference in seeding or home ice regardless of when it is lost.

Sorry. Irritating peeve. The games aren't meaningless unless we are mathematically guaranteed top seed. On top of that, we've seen 3 years running now where bad regular season habits turn into worse playoff habits.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 27,035
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Re: Official GDT Pens vs Leafs 10/26/13

Postby KG on Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:23 pm

Too many bad habits defensively still. I'd put Martin behind the bench next game. Change things up. Team is playing the same way and making the same mistakes they've made for the past several years.

Malkin is very frustrating when he's not on. Which he has been not on, since the beginning of last year.
Last edited by KG on Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,979
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:53 am
Location: NY

Re: Official GDT Pens vs Leafs 10/26/13

Postby tfrizz on Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:25 pm

BurghThing wrote:Wait! I know, we ran into a hot goaltender, again. Wait til Monday when we play the Canes 4th string goaltender and we still don't score!


4 goals in their last 122 shots, and counting! :pop:
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,544
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 am
Location: Freddy Beach

Re: Official GDT Pens vs Leafs 10/26/13

Postby bigkam on Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:26 pm

I honestly think that injuries are catching up with this team right now. We are running Sid and Geno out there nearly every shift, and while getting them on the ice as much as possible is great, running them out there too much really seems to be taking its toll. We need to get Neal and Bennett healthy as soon as possible, because beyond our top 4 forwards, this team is terribly untalented.

I will also add, goal or not tonight, Letang has looked awful in his first two games back. Can only hope it gets better.
bigkam
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,454
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:45 pm
Location: Surrounded by Craps and Cryers' fans.

Re: Official GDT Pens vs Leafs 10/26/13

Postby farnham16 on Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:30 pm

The Pens horrible organizational depth at forward is really showing right now. Its a giant problem.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,458
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:50 pm
Location: Trying to get to my game

Re: Official GDT Pens vs Leafs 10/26/13

Postby 71Aj66ax87 on Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:30 pm

The last three games in a nutshell Image
71Aj66ax87
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,363
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:56 am
Location: A parallel universe called New Pittsburgh

Re: Official GDT Pens vs Leafs 10/26/13

Postby KG on Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:31 pm

bigkam wrote:I honestly think that injuries are catching up with this team right now. We are running Sid and Geno out there nearly every shift, and while getting them on the ice as much as possible is great, running them out there too much really seems to be taking its toll. We need to get Neal and Bennett healthy as soon as possible, because beyond our top 4 forwards, this team is terribly untalented.

I will also add, goal or not tonight, Letang has looked awful in his first two games back. Can only hope it gets better.


Good point about the injuries. Malkin does need to step it up though in the absence of his linemates though. Great players make the players around them better. He needs to be better even strength. But all in all, you're right, the injuries are taking away from the depth. Seeing Craig Adams out there when we need a goal is a little scary.
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,979
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:53 am
Location: NY

Re: Official GDT Pens vs Leafs 10/26/13

Postby shmenguin on Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:58 pm

Kunitz is back to being a garbage pile. It's at the point where I hate seeing the puck go his way because there's about a 90% chance he's going to screw up the posession. Aside from that? No scoring depth of course. And the veteran leaders on D aren't stepping up.

On the other hand, this is a game where 9 times out of 10 we have the lead going into the 3rd. It's just one of those nights again.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 23,228
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BurghThing, Chirpin' Grinder, Dan H, Desiato, Hugo Stiglitz, jwest21, mikey287, Mr. Colby, NashvilleCat, RJW76, Rocco, SolidSnake, Staggy and 36 guests


e-mail