Official GDT Pens vs Leafs 10/26/13

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official GDT Pens vs Leafs 10/26/13

Postby knives of ice on Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:36 am

there is no doubt this team would have been so much better off trading letang for forwards with the defensive depth we have. i'd bet seeing where maata is shero would never do that deal again.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Malkamaniac on Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:41 am

The lack of depth in the orginization is serously alarming. It's great we have all these D guys, but we're in a phase now apparently where they can't afford to trade one.

We're left with garbage. I love Malkin, but he needs to start earning the money he's being paid.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby farnham16 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:01 am

Malkamaniac wrote:The lack of depth in the orginization is serously alarming. It's great we have all these D guys, but we're in a phase now apparently where they can't afford to trade one.

We're left with garbage. I love Malkin, but he needs to start earning the money he's being paid.

Letang should have been traded this offseason to rebuild the forwards in this organization. I fear his signing is going to have huge repercussions soon.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Pens4Life on Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:09 am

Letang and Malkin can go! They are just under average for tooooo long already.. We need some reset and rebuild this team!
Yeah yeah,its 3losses in regular season,but this team wont win no more Stanleys!!! We need some shock,new coach as well..
Bylsma and Letang re-signings were bad moves from Shero..
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby America on Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:38 am

Reading this after 3 straight losses did not disappoint my expectations; pure hilarity.
America
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Tico Rick on Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:41 am

America wrote:Reading this after 3 straight losses did not disappoint my expectations; pure hilarity.

:thumb:
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby pens2005 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:45 am

Confused by the standings. They have the pens at 4. But they are the division leaders.

Based on the format we would automatically be the 2nd seed playing the next to last wild card.

I'm assuming maybe the standings will never reflect that because it would get confusing?

You'd have three teams from each division and then 2 wild cards at the bottom which would be confusing to list.

Any thoughts?
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby RxBandit66 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:44 am

shmenguin wrote:Kunitz is back to being a garbage pile. It's at the point where I hate seeing the puck go his way because there's about a 90% chance he's going to screw up the posession. Aside from that? No scoring depth of course. And the veteran leaders on D aren't stepping up.

On the other hand, this is a game where 9 times out of 10 we have the lead going into the 3rd. It's just one of those nights again.

Kunitz is apparently pouting about playing the left wing lock. Boo hoo, I'm tired of these whining, petulant, smug crybabies. This team as it is now can win the division and maybe a playoff round or two, but it is nowhere near championship caliber. They just don't have the makeup, or the depth up front. Geno and Letang are still headcases and have not improved their game in years. MAF has not exactly been money in the postseason. Trades of Letang and Malkin would bring enough young forwards to rebuild the entire organization, perhaps even a high pick and a young goaltender in the mix too. This team is about Crosby and it always will be. He is otherworldly right now, and they should rebuild to a degree around him, James Neal, a few of the other veterans, and their defense, which could be strong if the other man behind the bench took over permanently.
RxBandit66
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby bhaw on Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:50 am

Am I really seeing multiple calls to trade Malkin? That's just silly. Plus you remove the coach before you consider trading a guy like Malkin.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby rgj on Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:54 am

Who the hell would "want" any of these "defensemen?"

Hey, I have an idea....maybe Bylsma could pick up the boys' spirits by having them play a wiffle ball game on the ice......yeah, that's the ticket.......a WIFFLE BALL GAME!!!
rgj
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Gaucho on Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:55 am

lol?
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby farnham16 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:28 pm

bhaw wrote:Am I really seeing multiple calls to trade Malkin? That's just silly. Plus you remove the coach before you consider trading a guy like Malkin.

This surprises you? People on here have been calling for the trading of Malkin consistently since after his rookie year.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Jim on Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:28 pm

farnham16 wrote:
bhaw wrote:Am I really seeing multiple calls to trade Malkin? That's just silly. Plus you remove the coach before you consider trading a guy like Malkin.

This surprises you? People on here have been calling for the trading of Malkin consistently since after his rookie year.

Malkin is like the stereotypical trophy wife/husband. On one hand super hot (skill) but on the other hand easy to confuse.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby nocera on Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:43 pm

7-4 and two points out of 1st place in the East? TRADE EVERYONE.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby nocera on Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:45 pm

RxBandit66 wrote:
shmenguin wrote:Kunitz is back to being a garbage pile. It's at the point where I hate seeing the puck go his way because there's about a 90% chance he's going to screw up the posession. Aside from that? No scoring depth of course. And the veteran leaders on D aren't stepping up.

On the other hand, this is a game where 9 times out of 10 we have the lead going into the 3rd. It's just one of those nights again.

Kunitz is apparently pouting about playing the left wing lock. Boo hoo, I'm tired of these whining, petulant, smug crybabies. This team as it is now can win the division and maybe a playoff round or two, but it is nowhere near championship caliber. They just don't have the makeup, or the depth up front. Geno and Letang are still headcases and have not improved their game in years. MAF has not exactly been money in the postseason. Trades of Letang and Malkin would bring enough young forwards to rebuild the entire organization, perhaps even a high pick and a young goaltender in the mix too. This team is about Crosby and it always will be. He is otherworldly right now, and they should rebuild to a degree around him, James Neal, a few of the other veterans, and their defense, which could be strong if the other man behind the bench took over permanently.

Is there any evidence to back up the claim that Kunitz is upset about playing the left wing lock?
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:02 pm

13 pages in a loss? This is more shocking than the Pens recent play. :lol:
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins