Malkin's shot

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Malkin's shot

Postby MRandall25 on Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:18 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:I don't even know what you're trying to argue anymore.

That assuming rather than a shoulder injury affected someone that they just suddenly lost their shot a month before said injury is a bizarre assumption.

I wasn't saying he lost his shot in the sense that he can't shoot as well as he can. He lost his shot in the sense that he doesn't even try to use it anymore. He wasn't shooting as much even before the injury.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:24 pm

There was nothing wrong with what he was doing before the injury, and a one month sample size is meaningless. If you dont have the same shot as you normally do, of course you dont shoot as often. Malkin is oretty bad right now, not shooting is not one of my major gripes with him.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Big Easy Pens Fan on Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:17 pm

Someone once said:

If you don't use it, you lose it.

The seems to be happening with Geno. Shooting % is way down. Needs to shoot more the bring that % back up. And him shooting it more would make the opponents respect that, and might open up the rest of his and the teams' options...and production.

BEPF
Big Easy Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Penspal on Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:57 pm

The U wrote:Ever since the shoulder injury, Malkin hasn't shot the puck as often or as hard. I don't think that is even debatable.

Many times last year it looked like he knew his shot was at like 75% power or maybe it even caused him pain to shoot. He was going out of his way to avoid shooting and when he did it was often a weak attempt.

He's had plenty of time to recover though, I can't imagine this is still giving him issues.

I agree in part with OP and "The U". Don't really know when it happened, or why, but Malkin is not taking the slapshots as often nor do they seem to have the same velocity (or accuracy). Logically, we want to tie it to the shoulder injury of last year, but I'm willing to say that it was another wiffleball injury :roll:

Until the Pens and/or Malkin state it (OR he starts scoring with it), its just an opinion that harbor, not going to get beaten up trying to defend it.
Penspal
AHL'er
AHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins