Stars claim Jeffrey off Waivers

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Official GDT: Pens vs Devils 11/16/13

Postby murphydump55 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Just got a text that the Stars claimed Dustin Jeffrey off waivers.
murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Location: the real hockeyville and apparently a janitor from Eastern Canada LOL

Stars claim Jeffrey off Waivers

Postby npv708 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:12 pm

The Stars have claimed Dustin Jeffrey off of waivers.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Stars Claim Jeffrey?

Postby thekid87 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:13 pm

i got the same alert. i personally don't think it's anything to lose sleep over, but that's probably just me.
thekid87
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby murphydump55 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:14 pm

thekid87 wrote:i got the same alert. i personally don't think it's anything to lose sleep over, but that's probably just me.

I won't lose sleep over it, in fact I'm happy for DJ. He's been screwed around here by Bylsma over the last couple years. He needs a fresh start to prove himself.

I wish him luck.
murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Stars claim Jeffrey off Waivers

Postby mikey287 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:15 pm

We waived him? I didn't even know this...and normally I do know these things...cool, good for him. Good luck.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Crankshaft on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:15 pm

murphydump55 wrote:
thekid87 wrote:i got the same alert. i personally don't think it's anything to lose sleep over, but that's probably just me.

I won't lose sleep over it, in fact I'm happy for DJ. He's been screwed around here by Bylsma over the last couple years. He needs a fresh start to prove himself.

I wish him luck.

He's been screwed over by being offered chance and chance to prove himself to be good enough to be a 4th liner on this team only to never play consistently enough to remain in the lineup?
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby thekid87 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:15 pm

murphydump55 wrote:

I wish him luck.

he'll get his fair shot in Dallas, i'm sure. good for DJ
thekid87
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby sniper on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:16 pm

I think he will do as well maybe better than Letestu did when he left. He did need a new start.
sniper
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Factorial on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:17 pm

I wish him luck too but stinks to lose him for nothing.
Factorial
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby murphydump55 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:19 pm

Crankshaft wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:

I wish him luck.

He's been screwed over by being offered chance and chance to prove himself to be good enough to be a 4th liner on this team only to never play consistently enough to remain in the lineup?

No, he hasn't been given a consistent chance to play. He's constantly in the doghouse for minor things. Even when he plays well, DB pulls him out of the lineup and sits him. He'd call up AHL guys to play ahead of him, he played Engo ahead of him. Bylsma has his favorite guys and no matter how poorly they play, they're right back in the lineup, night after night. (see Engo, Glass, Adams, last season)
murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby mikey287 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:22 pm

Vernon Fiddler asked for a trade out of Dallas...so DJ will probably get a chance at a bonafide role there...he's not a dumb player either...hope it works out for him.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby largegarlic on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:25 pm

I don't think Jeffrey has been the same player since that knee injury a couple years ago. Maybe he could have been given more minutes here to prove himself, but at some point, you have to do something with your opportunities (even if limited), and he never really did.
largegarlic
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Devils 11/16/13

Postby llipgh2 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:25 pm

I really with the foe function blocked everything...
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby M10 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:27 pm

The fact here is that Dustin Jeffrey was not a better hockey player than Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin or Brandon Sutter. He was not suited for a fourth line role. He did not play particularly well when transitioned to wing.

He, like Letestu, will get the opportunity to flourish somewhere else. Best of luck to him and much respect for riding it out while here. Hopefully his patience pays off for him down the line, it has for Letestu.
M10
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby pcm on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:28 pm

FInally out of the DB doghouse. Good luck to him on the fresh start. Will have a chance with a young team.

Pens clear a little cap space...
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Great58 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:39 pm

M10 wrote:The fact here is that Dustin Jeffrey was not a better hockey player than Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin or Brandon Sutter. He was not suited for a fourth line role. He did not play particularly well when transitioned to wing.

He, like Letestu, will get the opportunity to flourish somewhere else. Best of luck to him and much respect for riding it out while here. Hopefully his patience pays off for him down the line, it has for Letestu.

Best of luck to him. It was time to move on. I'm not really saddened the we got nothing for him, either.
Great58
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:41 pm

Good luck to DJ... it was obvious that he was never going to get through the DB gauntlet
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby offsides on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:42 pm

He definitely won't be missed around here. Hope the change\fresh start works out for him.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Rylan on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:48 pm

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Crankshaft on Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:01 pm

murphydump55 wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:

I wish him luck.

No, he hasn't been given a consistent chance to play. He's constantly in the doghouse for minor things. Even when he plays well, DB pulls him out of the lineup and sits him. He'd call up AHL guys to play ahead of him, he played Engo ahead of him. Bylsma has his favorite guys and no matter how poorly they play, they're right back in the lineup, night after night. (see Engo, Glass, Adams, last season)

All those players have proven to be NHLers in some form or fashion. Jeffery had never proven that.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby murphydump55 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:07 pm

Crankshaft wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:

I wish him luck.

All those players have proven to be NHLers in some form or fashion. Jeffery had never proven that.

Nor was given a consistent chance. Even when he played well, he was scratched the next game. DB didn't like him and it was apparent.
murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby MRandall25 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:09 pm

Jeffrey is a Quad-A caliber player. He's too good for the AHL, but can't seem to put it together at the NHL level.

He was given opportunities to cement a spot. He didn't seize them. It doesn't matter how consistently he was getting into the lineup. He rarely showed that he deserved to stay in the lineup.

In the end, I wish him luck, but let's not kid ourselves. He wasn't good enough, consistently, to knock someone else off the roster.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Devils 11/16/13

Postby Rylan on Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:43 pm

llipgh2 wrote:I really with the foe function blocked everything...

Yep.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Crankshaft on Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:19 pm

murphydump55 wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:

I wish him luck.

Nor was given a consistent chance. Even when he played well, he was scratched the next game. DB didn't like him and it was apparent.

I find it hard to believe that Bylama would choose personal favorites but if you think this is high school then ok.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby bhaw on Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:22 pm

The only one who kept Jeffrey from making the NHL lineup on a regular basis was Jeffrey. He's just not that good.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins